: dvd concerts

ssim3
09-11-07, 02:10 AM
I know Infiniti & lexus will let you listen to 5.1 dvd concerts while driving, they just will not show thw video content, will the SRX allow you to listen to dts or dolby 5.1 material while driving either in the front dvd slot or rear ent system?

mike_1103
09-11-07, 12:47 PM
Will the SRX allow you to listen to dts or dolby 5.1 material while driving either in the front dvd slot or rear ent system?

When you put a 5.1 DVD in the front system, the sound is heard through the cars speakers and the wireless headphones whenever you drive or not.

The video can be seen on the NAV screen and the Rear Seat Entertainment screen when the car is in Park, and only in the Rear Seat Entertainment screen when out of Park.

Thanks to this feature, I now know by heart a couple of Baby Einstein DVD's Soundtrack!

Mike.

ssim3
09-11-07, 01:36 PM
Thanks

The dealer is 2 hourss away so it is too far for me to try out & locally all they have are 3.6 w/out the bells & whistles. Gotta have N* & the toys if I am gonna swap from my RL. If the nav were only as good as Acura's then it would be perfect.

73Thumper
09-13-07, 11:12 AM
Not sure why the gripes on the NAV with the Caddy. I assume the Acura has a better display or maybe more intuative? I took me a few minutes at first to get it going, now it is very easy for me to use. I generally use the voice commands though so I don't look at the screen much. For such a high $ item on the SRX, I do think they are making a good profit because it is really not that high tech. I just wanted all the bells and whisles to get the high end audio - and the NAV was part of that.... I can say the DVD soundtrack playback is outstanding in the SRX, I'll take that any day to live with a good - but probably not great - NAV system.... My biggest sore point comes along with others (and other posts) - no factory blue tooth....

ssim3
09-13-07, 01:12 PM
What makes Acura's superior is that your copilot can enter data on the fly, there is no lockout while driving. The bluetooth is another issue. In acura voice recognition is top notch & you can program to dial by spoken name or phrase. Has any one found a viable aftermarket bluetooth for the srx?