: do mgnetic-ride-control shocks wear out?

shanekennedy
09-10-07, 08:19 PM
if so, what do they cost to replace?

dkozloski
09-10-07, 08:41 PM
They do wear out and they are very expensive. That's why there is a big business in passive replacements.

sgilbert
09-10-07, 10:18 PM
Everything wears out! Just ask my doctor. :)

Replacement, without warranty coverage, will be prohibitive.

73Thumper
09-11-07, 09:15 AM
Don't quote me, but I think 1 pair of magnetic ride shocks are around $800 from the dealer. I did do some checking before I bought my 07 as I wanted to check on a possible future upgrade to MRC (my sport option with 20" wheels did not have a option for MRC). The shock price is just that - the shocks - there are other sensors/wiring etc that can also go bad. The good part is MRC is a great option for nice ride and excellent handling.

smokiejoe
09-11-07, 11:57 AM
There was a post a month or so ago here about a Dealer Quote on an SRX MRC Repair for a vehicle w/ about 103K miles, and their was an MRC Light on the Dash illuminated.
I think the fix from the dealer was about $2K to repair.
At that point it might be worth replacing the shocks with passives.

shanekennedy
09-12-07, 05:08 AM
any idea on average life span?

most warranties don't cover shocks. are MRC shocks covered be cadillac warranty?

looking to buy srx, & would like MRC, but don't want to pay out the wazu in maintenance

TSS
09-12-07, 08:57 AM
With Cadillac, shocks WILL be covered under warrantee.

ncCADDYman
09-17-07, 08:54 AM
Don't quote me, but I think 1 pair of magnetic ride shocks are around $800 from the dealer. I did do some checking before I bought my 07 as I wanted to check on a possible future upgrade to MRC (my sport option with 20" wheels did not have a option for MRC). The shock price is just that - the shocks - there are other sensors/wiring etc that can also go bad. The good part is MRC is a great option for nice ride and excellent handling.

pair = front set, rear set, or all four?

if its $800 for all 4 shocks, that's a damned good price