: wind noise throught HVAC system with Open ultraview

avguy
09-09-07, 02:40 PM
I noticed yesterday that when i have my ultraview open and close the baffle on the middle left airvent it creates a very loud whisteling noise.. If you crack the vent open slightly the whistle goes away..This can be tried while parked by opening the roof and turning the blower motor on high and closing the baffel on the centre left vent! Do other's have this problem? My dealer checked another 07 SRX out and it did the same thing .. Is this a design problem or limited to a few SRX's. None of the other vents seem to make this noise when closed, it is obviously a poor seal on the baffle that closes off the vent..

Avguy

sgilbert
09-09-07, 07:11 PM
No idea, because I never did, or would try it. Why, oh why, would you have your blower on high, vents closed, with the ultraview open?

Don't do it and you won't have a whistle noise. :)

TSS
09-09-07, 08:09 PM
Why, oh why, would you have your blower on high, vents closed, with the ultraview open?

Makes sense to me.

avguy
09-10-07, 07:19 AM
No idea, because I never did, or would try it. Why, oh why, would you have your blower on high, vents closed, with the ultraview open?

The blower does not have to be on high it whistles at all speeds. I never closed the baffel, it was done by someone at the dealer and on my way home I discovered the issue.. None of the other vents have this issue so that is why I inquired here to see if it was a problem specific to my SRX or a design flaw in that particular vent..

cbramsey5898
05-24-10, 07:24 PM
I have a similar problem intermittently. When I am driving with the UltraView roof closed and the hvac system working normally, I get what sounds like a wind vibration coming from the passenger side, specifically around the a-pillar area.

Have others had a similar issue???

The Wrench
05-27-10, 03:15 PM
Lou Costello goes to see the doctor....
Lou - "Doc, it hurts when I do this" (strikes himself on the head).
Doc - "Well, don't do that".

Lot's of pressure differentials in the cabin due to the Ultraview.
I had wind noise in the right A-pillar due to a big lump in the weather strip.
I also had a similar noise after the dealer maladjusted the roof and it wasn't closing tightly at the front lip.

DG

PJ1520
05-27-10, 03:33 PM
AVGUY has a point......I'd be at least curious if not aggravated. I've got enough noises stoking my SRX paranoia as it is. And it doesn't hurt to ask others if they hear the same with their cars, if only to verify that "normal" to the dealer is "normal" to those who also drive an SRX. Just my opinion.