: P094 code

AngelD
09-08-07, 11:06 PM
1994 Cadillac Eldorado touring coupe 4.6 liter.

Problem: shifts fine 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but when it goes into lockup only stays there for just a few seconds then it acts like I bumped it into neutral, the check engine light comes on and tranny goes into limp mode until I shut the car off and restart it then it resets until shifts into lock-up and does it all over again.

Started out with shift problems, had computer put on and it gave P094 code. So we replaced shift solenoids A & B in value body, installed L-bracket and cleared codes. Ran great for 5 or 6 miles stayed in lockup everything seemed fine. Thought I had it fixed. Less than a hour later got back in started down the road and it did the same thing and now itís giving that same P094 code Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Would this stop it from staying in lockup?

Also P094 description is Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor) so is it shift "A" solenoid or vehicle speed sensor?

Ranger
09-08-07, 11:31 PM
Since you have replaced the solenoids, I would guess it is the VSS.

zonie77
09-09-07, 02:50 AM
There have been several people that did not install the new bracket with the solenoids and had them fail very quickly. Did the bracket securely hold the filter in place?

I'd suggest dropping the pan (I know what a pain it is) and check the solenoids for any damage.