: How much is my car worth?

danomac
09-07-07, 10:34 PM
Well, I'm contemplating selling my 1981 CDV. I don't know what to ask for it, though.

It has:
-no rust that I know of, even under the car (it needs paint though)
-a working 368 8-6-4 that routinely sees 18-24MPG (based on paper calculations, not the MPG sentinel)
-everything works except the cruise control and the washer pump (the mechanical style (yep, the A/C works)
-all brakes including master cylinder replaced in the last two years
-approx 150,000km on engine
-new radiator

I've only driven it in the summer the last couple of years and have only put around 10,000km on it in 2.5 years or so.

The only thing that's weird about it now is I had to replace the trunk lid with a blue one, that was the only thing that was rusting (it was rusting where the hinge mounts go.)

I don't think $2000 is a bad price, what do others think? I've looked in some buy and sell and on craigslist and found beaters, but nothing that's in the condition mine is in.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-07-07, 10:50 PM
AC + big block + 2dr + no rust + 93,000ish miles = more than 2,000 in my opinion. I'd say $3500, but I guess it depends on the demand in your part of the continent.

Greg

danomac
09-07-07, 11:52 PM
Oh yeah, the interior has wear in the usual spots (like the armrests) and one of the seats seperated at a seam. This isn't a D'Elegance either...

Edit: Picture: http://danomac.org/images/cadillac1a.jpg

That's an old one, it has a blue trunk lid that isn't rusting now...

derrty_deville
09-08-07, 12:29 AM
Given the age I'd say 2k to 2500 isnt bad. 3500 is pushing it a little.

The fact that its a coupe is really the big selling point.

danomac
09-12-07, 10:34 PM
I don't think I can sell it. I'm not mentally prepared for it... out of all the cars I've owned, this one I've owned the longest. I guess I should restore it the rest of the way!