: Dash Light problems!

FlamingGLH
09-07-07, 09:30 PM
Hey guys!

I thought I had no dash lights, but when I turned on my lights tonight, they kinda flickered for a few seconds, then dimmed down to nothing. Tried playing with the headlight switch and the Dimmer thingy (I think that's for the incoming car and it dims the light right?) and nothing.

I'm almost certain it's the switch, how would I go about removing said switch to either clean/fix/change it? I have'nt looked under the dash yet, but any help and directions would be greatly appreciated!

The Ape Man
09-08-07, 09:48 AM
Edited because I didn't read the question properly. Sri.

carnut
09-09-07, 05:00 PM
You have to get your hand behind the dash and on top of the switch. There you will feel a spring loaded button that you depress then pull out the headlight knob and shaft. Once the shaft is out then remove the retaining nut on the switch and drop it down and out from behind the dash. The lights will remain on unless you reinstall the shaft or unplug the switch. At the front of the switch is a circular spring which is the reostat to brighten/dim the dash lights. Usually the little contact that rubs on that spring wears out, making intermittant contact. Best to replace the switch.