: Stereo CD Storage Capabilites?

pietroraimondi
09-07-07, 12:36 PM
I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me as I have read the manual twice and cannot find any information regarding storing songs, etc on the stereo/navigation unit.

Specifically, we had a 2004 SRX that had the Navigation system with the 6 disc CD changer.

The new 2007 SRX has the Navigation/Bose 5.1 surround sound stereo system. In addition it only has the capability to insert one CD versus the 6 CD's that was in the 04 SRX model.

It is my understanding that the new Navigation/Bose 5.1 stereo system has an internal hard drive? I cannot confirm that in the manual anywhere.

If that it is true, is there the capability to store or record music onto the stereo's hard drive from a CD when it is inserted into the single CD drive bay?

If so, can someone tell me how or what the process is? I am not at all proficient in radio or stereo systems, but my wife is a music nut!

In addition, the system also has a jack input on the front for an MP3 player.

I have no idea what the hell an MP3 player is, but my wife has one and was wondering if she was able to download music from her MP3 player onto the stereo's hard drive....if in fact it has one.

Any help would be appreciated. I can turn wrenches with the best of them, but when it comes to stereo systems and such.....I'm a lost ball in the tall weeds as they say.

MortnCyn
10-09-07, 08:34 AM
Surprised you never got a response to this post. A second surprise was that the '07 with NAV accommodates only one CD disc. The sticker and build sheet both show the 6-disc player as part of the U2V package 5.1 Bose and makes no exception with the Y46 theater package. Kept pressing the button trying to get the additional discs in. Not a big deal as far as we are concerned. Guess we will have to borrow our grandchildren's MP3 players.

I have no idea re the internal hard drive.

n7don_srx
10-09-07, 02:42 PM
A couple options on playing mp3....
1. Your unit should be able to play mp3's that are burned onto a CD. I've got the same unit and it plays them fine.
2. Plug her mp3 player into the aux. input. I use a 12" Radioshack cable 42-2497
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102970&cp=&parentPage=search

pietroraimondi
10-16-07, 05:14 PM
A couple options on playing mp3....
1. Your unit should be able to play mp3's that are burned onto a CD. I've got the same unit and it plays them fine.
2. Plug her mp3 player into the aux. input. I use a 12" Radioshack cable 42-2497
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102970&cp=&parentPage=search

Thank you for your response.

My wife has the Apple Ipod MP3 player with the patch cord that goes from the MP3 player to the AUX jack on the front of the SRX's Navigation screen.

She just does not like the clutter of having the MP3 player laying on the console.

My question is...does the 07 SRX Nav/Stereo system have an internal hard drive that allows you to download and store the songs from the MP3 player onto the "hard drive" and then later retrieve them by title for replay?

Does the system have an internal hard drive to allow you to download CD music from the CD onto the hard drive and then later retrieve it by title for replay?

Thanks in advance for any help.

n7don_srx
10-16-07, 07:42 PM
Thank you for your response.

She just does not like the clutter of having the MP3 player laying on the console.

My question is...does the 07 SRX Nav/Stereo system have an internal hard drive that allows you to download and store the songs from the MP3 player onto the "hard drive" and then later retrieve them by title for replay?

Does the system have an internal hard drive to allow you to download CD music from the CD onto the hard drive and then later retrieve it by title for replay?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I agree with her concern on the clutter. To my knowledge there isn't a way to download/copy mp3's to an internal hard drive (if it has one)
but as previously mentioned, she could copy the mp3's to a CD and play it. You can store many songs in mp3 format on a single CD. I've taken a number of my personal CDs and 'ripped' them to mp3 and made a couple CD of my favorites.
Some of the recent ads for the 08 CTS talks about having a 40gb hard drive but again don't know the particulars on moving files to it

Superjim
10-19-07, 07:42 AM
My 2006 DTS has NAV and Bose Surround Sound and uses only 1 CD. My other one WITHOUT NAV but with Bose Surround holds 6 cd's.

I am pretty sure the hard drive is not in the '07. I only hear it advertised for the 2008 CTS and STS. Have never heard of it being in the 2007.

You can put about 250 MP3's on one cd. Thats what I do. It works just fine.

Jim from Texas

mike_1103
10-19-07, 11:33 AM
I can confirm there is NO hard drive in my 2008 SRX with Nav.

I also put albums on CD, compressed in MP3 format. If you create one folder per album, the system will recognize them and sort them by album on the screen.

Regards,

Mike.