: 1976 Sedan Deville--CONFUSED

WEASEL
09-06-07, 10:09 PM
I cannot figure out what this part is behind the grill on the driver's side. It has a bubble level on it and an amber lens on it. There is a harness on it with 4 wires and plugs into the forward light harness. There is a part number on it, but our parts department computers show the number as no good. The number is 5958846. We are stumped as to WTF it is, we are confused, :noidea:.

Hope someone can help us out.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-06-07, 10:26 PM
Amber lens?? Could it be the twilight sentinel? I know they moved it behind the grill shortly before that time.

WEASEL
09-06-07, 10:43 PM
That was about the only thing we could come up with. I never looked in the headlamp switch area to see if there was a switch for the sentinel, will have to check it out tomorrow and post what we find.
Thanks.

Benzilla
09-06-07, 11:16 PM
hmm, it sounds kind of like the Guidematic headlamp control that dims your lights when a car comes.

bicentennialcadillac
09-07-07, 12:18 AM
Definitely the Guide-Matic.

Twilight Sentinel photocell is in the top of the dash; specifically, in the driver's side speaker grille housing.

Wheelman322
09-07-07, 01:07 AM
Definitely the Guide-Matic.

Twilight Sentinel photocell is in the top of the dash; specifically, in the driver's side speaker grille housing.

Yeah...That one stumped me too when I found it. Clean the lens and it will work better.:thumbsup:

WEASEL
09-09-07, 12:38 AM
Thats what it was. Now we have another problem. The rear end just got blown out of it. Time to start another thread.