: Yeehaaw!! You Know Your Forum Doesnt Suck When...

Playdrv4me
04-20-04, 12:25 AM
YOU SEE THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!....

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Congrats CadillacForums... were growing by leaps and bounds! Lol, not entirely a good thing I suppose, but I see that message all the time on the Jeep forum and its got like 94million members (not really) :p :lildevil: :)

inmycadillac
04-20-04, 01:11 AM
:woohoo: cadillacforums!! I love this site.
The reason Jeep has so many members is cuz they got so many problems!! :lildevil: LOL, my ma owns a Jeep and hasn't had any problems with it since she fixed the head gasket and struts a month after she bought it!!!:rolleyes: What's relly depressing about that fix is the damn thing only has 90,000 on it. But she's had it for 7mos. now and has had nothing else go wrong. Prolly just the previous driver.

Ralph
04-20-04, 03:16 AM
That's the problem, I'm getting left behind with this dinosaur of a computer!!! I need speed!!!

BeelzeBob
04-20-04, 12:46 PM
Wow.. Well thanks for letting me know.. What time did this happen at? It's great that we're growing - but that's a sign that we need a more powerful server.. Which means more money. This only happened once - right? Did anyone else see the message? Yikes... But, yes - we're growing!

Vesicant
04-20-04, 02:45 PM
I saw it once too :lildevil:

inmycadillac
04-20-04, 03:55 PM
not me! (cross-fingers)

BeelzeBob
04-20-04, 04:17 PM
Jeez.. This place is growing in leaps and bounds.. Well.. The whole point of having a site is to have people FIND it. If it's says "too busy" - well - then what's the sense? It's not providing any service at all when it's "too busy". :(

Jeff.. When did you see it?

Playdrv4me
04-20-04, 04:31 PM
Jeez.. This place is growing in leaps and bounds.. Well.. The whole point of having a site is to have people FIND it. If it's says "too busy" - well - then what's the sense? It's not providing any service at all when it's "too busy". :(

Jeff.. When did you see it?

On mine... I posted the message right after I was able to get through, which was about two minutes after I saw the message, maybe less. So my posting time should reflect the time of the message.

BeelzeBob
04-20-04, 06:11 PM
Okay. That IS a pretty busy time, normally. I'll have to keep track of this..

Thank you!!

ThomasO
04-20-04, 06:44 PM
Yep, I got it several times last night. Hey Sal, this is a great sight, better than any of the others including "Jeep". Real family group here.....Tom

tru504187211
04-20-04, 06:58 PM
Once a few weeks ago, during a prime time on the internet during the evening.

BeelzeBob
04-20-04, 07:02 PM
Thank you, Tom! And thanks Mr. HustleMan. :p hehe

Vesicant
04-20-04, 07:11 PM
That's the problem, I'm getting left behind with this dinosaur of a computer!!! I need speed!!!
Ralph, do they charge taxes on computers in Canada like they do in the UK?

RBraczyk
04-20-04, 07:33 PM
I had it all last week and previous weekend.

airbalancer
04-20-04, 09:27 PM
In Ontario there is 7%+ 8% tax, A killer when you buy a car, but I do not pay for health care

PDBDeville
04-20-04, 10:24 PM
YOU SEE THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!....

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Congrats CadillacForums... were growing by leaps and bounds! Lol, not entirely a good thing I suppose, but I see that message all the time on the Jeep forum and its got like 94million members (not really) :p :lildevil: :)

Another jeep member here (OhioJGCL).......this forum has been a refreshing change of pace to be able to do a search when needed :P

elwesso
04-20-04, 10:35 PM
I dont know why this could be happening... The server loads are normal... :confused:

tru504187211
04-20-04, 11:11 PM
Sal or Elwesso,
What does the server usually max out at (users and/ or data transfer) and then start giving error messages? Or is that a secret...

Playdrv4me
04-20-04, 11:21 PM
Another jeep member here (OhioJGCL).......this forum has been a refreshing change of pace to be able to do a search when needed :P

LOL!! Only WE would truly understand what a PRIVELEDGE that is!!

ThomasO
04-20-04, 11:32 PM
Hi OhioJGCL, yep, I've tried spending time on the Jeep Forum but it is boring! Not really that great a place for information either. No, Cadillac Forums have got it over Jeep, for surehttp://www.msnusers.com/46ec2s977619qjsloutdr6a0q1/Documents/Pictures%2FMy%20Jeep.jpg

Elvis
04-20-04, 11:34 PM
Hey Thomas, that last post of yours has another pic with a red X, and it asked me to log in to passport.net again. Just thought you'd want to know.

Your sig appears okay, though.

ThomasO
04-21-04, 12:39 AM
I hope it's fixed now. Let me know if it's not. I know what it is!. MSN is hosting those pic's and so each time I post one and you click on it, it wants you logged on to their browser. That suks. I'll get a new host before I post anymore pic's. Sorry bout that all. Let me know if there's still a problem and we'll just delete the whole post.........Tom
Hey Thomas, that last post of yours has another pic with a red X, and it asked me to log in to passport.net again. Just thought you'd want to know.

Your sig appears okay, though.

Ralph
04-21-04, 05:07 AM
Ralph, do they charge taxes on computers in Canada like they do in the UK?

We sure do Jeff, on everything except essential food items. We pay tax if you buy a choclate bar because that's not an "essential" food item. Saskatchewan's total tax is 14%. 7% goes to the province ("PST"=provincial sales tax) And 7% "GST" for Federal govt. (government sales tax) They screw us both ways. Income tax is another tax on top of these, as well as property tax if you own a home!

Like Airbalancer said, a killer if you buy a car! A new DTS is $70,000 to start. Add to that 14% tax, and you are paying $79,100!!! However, we always go to a dealership where you negociate "off" the tax. This is more than possible for an expensive car, but not very possible on say, a Ford Focus, etc. Don't even ask about an Escalade. :rolleyes2

My MSN homepage once mentioned that Jacksonville Florida is one of the best places to live in the U.S. Plus, it sounds like paradise. :crying:

elwesso
04-21-04, 06:19 PM
Sal or Elwesso,
What does the server usually max out at (users and/ or data transfer) and then start giving error messages? Or is that a secret...

I dont think its a secret, as theyres not much secretave about it!

Its a thing that leaders can only see.. Basically it gives a number.. For instance, we're running about 0.47 with 164 Users Online, and when we had our old server, we were running about 29.71 with 34 Users Online. I looked at our records, and that was the last time we recorded before our new server..

As you can see this made a HUGE DIFFERENCE!! HOWEVER, this doesnt come cheap (dedicated server) and we need YOU to become a supporter!!!

BeelzeBob
04-22-04, 12:01 AM
Thanks, Wes. :p Yes, we topped out at around 60.xx believe it or not. I don't know HOW we continued running - but we did. I've seen a few 3s and 4s since the dedicated server - but that's very rare.. It all depends on what's going on around here. Keep in mind that we've also got members browsing around the rest of the site. A lot of 'em - and they're not registered as browsers in the forums. We've usually got about twice the traffic that we see in the forums... Sometimes more...

elwesso
04-22-04, 05:40 PM
So if the homepage was part of the vbulletin, it would show they were logged in, correct?

BeelzeBob
04-24-04, 12:06 AM
Yes. The "Who's Online" is really only "Who's on our forum"...