: gasing up ticking noise

caddi2005sts
09-04-07, 08:44 PM
OK, so when I remove my gas cap to fill my tank I hear a "ticking" noise while the car is running. I know I am suppose to shut the engine off when gasing up but I have done it before and heard no noise. Any ideas????

Curious George
09-04-07, 09:09 PM
:tisk:
OK, so when I remove my gas cap to fill my tank I hear a "ticking" noise while the car is running. I know I am suppose to shut the engine off when gasing up but I have done it before and heard no noise. Any ideas????

It's your STS's dialect "tsk, tsk". You are being chided for leaving your engine running while filling up. I believe that there's a recent software update that enables this safety reminder. Did you have dealer service work done recently?

dkozloski
09-05-07, 12:06 AM
Filling the gas tank with the engine running can throw the gas gauge for a loop on many cars. It takes about a half a day for the gauge on my Ford pickup to start indicating correctly.

z06bigbird
09-06-07, 12:40 AM

You must be a BMW owner. Anal as all heck! Or it's the aliens signaling that they have located you. Remember those WWII movies when the GIs used mechanical clickers to signal each other?? Aliens have likely seen those movies and are copying out methods of communication. Carry one in each hand (click, the the alien) and click the heck out of them. It will destroy their means of communication.