: brake pads.

zerocar
09-04-07, 01:15 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my pads as the dealer put on a set 2 months ago and i can't live with the brake dust. After 200 highway miles i need to clean the wheels. I'm looking at the EBC "red stuff pads", are these a good fit for the SRX N* RWD?? Hows the noise and braking power on them.

Zerocar

sgilbert
09-04-07, 01:56 PM
Replaced mine with top of the line NAPA pads. If you want the top name brands, check out Tire Rack's web site.

zerocar
09-04-07, 03:03 PM
thx will check it out.

sgilbert
07-23-08, 07:58 PM
Just DAMN!!!!

Had to replace my front pads again today! Luckily, I had lifetime NAPA Ceramix pads, and all it cost me was labor (if you want to call it that---$50 to my son!).

Original pads were shot at 27,000 miles; replacements lasted 26 months until today at 48,400 miles---a whopping 21,000 miles. :( Outers were ok, the 2 front inners were goners!

steined
07-24-08, 12:38 AM
Mine will be lucky to make it to 20K then! I tow a 3,000 lb boat and trailer. It has surge brakes but I still bet the brakes are wearing quickly. The stock pads dust like there is no tomorrow.

sgilbert
07-24-08, 10:42 AM
I'm convinced that these NAPA Ceramix pads are "top of the line", and do not dust at all. Therefore, the fault for longevity lies with Cadillac, not the pads. Even the premium Hawk, etc. pads likely would not last any longer.

As long as NAPA will replace them every 2 years/20,000 miles, I'm "good"!

bond2
07-24-08, 04:49 PM
Guess thats why they made it so easy to swap in new pads!

whosyadadie02
07-27-08, 04:45 PM
i just put in some ebc greenstuff in the fron of my 07 cts and they do make a bit of dust, ordered a set for the back and they gave me the set for the srx :(

robhersch
07-28-08, 12:10 AM
I'm convinced that these NAPA Ceramix pads are "top of the line", and do not dust at all. Therefore, the fault for longevity lies with Cadillac, not the pads. Even the premium Hawk, etc. pads likely would not last any longer........As long as NAPA will replace them every 2 years/20,000 miles, I'm "good"!

(REF: bond2).... I bought my 2007 SRX used in February and it had only 10k miles. From day one the brake feel was very mushy, stopping power was subpar and the past month I've been getting alot of squeaking noises even while I wasn't braking and especially when turning. I bought the Hawk performance ceramic pads for the front from Tirerack for $90 and Akebono pro-act ceramic pads for the rear, $70. Installing pads on the SRX is unbelievably easy. I did the whole vehicle in under 2 hours ............. .................I was blown away at how worn the OEM pads were. I only have 18k miles now, but they had little life left, especially the rear pads. The new ceramic pads are fantastic. NO noise, no dust, and amazing stopping power. Pedal feel was excellent. It really makes driving the vehicle a much more enjoyable experience.......................Anybody that is unhappy with their braking power I recommend the upgrade. My rotors were in fantastic shape, so this really is a very cheap upgrade and relatively easy to do yourself. I just wanted to share my experience and encourage anyone thats hesitant to do their own brake work, to give it a try........(end bond2)

We have found conflicts among several local suppliers regarding replacement brake pads for our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD with 18" wheels, i.e., that V6 & V8 have different materials OEM brake pads, and that 17" wheels take different part numbers than 18" wheels. We believe that we would like to try bond2's suggestion, but our question is "how-to-specify?" in order to get the correct replacement pads for both front and rear for our SRX configuration.
Thanks for your response.

bigdaddysrx
07-29-08, 08:26 AM
My '04 AWD N* doesn't get driven all too much...37k. All 4 were just replaced due to the pads delaminating (corrosion) from the backing plate (Michigan winters). I am a big believer in Raybestos ceramic pads. I have them on my Mustang GT & Ford Escape due to dust issues. I figured...what the heck and replace all 4 rotors as well. Parts and a $100 cash for a little assistance from our tool maker in the shop....less than $500 complete. The local garage (not dealer) quoted me $990 and would not provide the pads I requested. It really was not a big deal to replace pads and rotors, but I was happy to have a pro in the house!
Results...stops quietly and securely!
Regards,
BD