: Blue Tooth??

jvizzy22
09-04-07, 11:22 AM
I have an 05 V8 AWD NAV, i can't seem to get the blue tooth to pick up my phone, can anyone hlpe me with the setup? the owners manual does not say anything about blue tooh, and i dont have nav manual

porkfarm
09-04-07, 12:36 PM
Wow. I was just going to start a new thread on bluetooth. My phone works but not 100%. Make sure that you have your phone on discover and use the bluetooth settings on the config screen. Add a new conneciton and reply with the pass code on your phone. Sometimes I connect, sometimes I don't . I am going to start searching to see if there is a bluetooth upgrade so I can stream music from by 8125 phone to the stereo. ( Not holding my breath )

ijsegurola
09-04-07, 03:06 PM
Search the forum for previous posts on this topic...this has been discussed EXTENSIVELY...many people have had different results trying different approaches....

Curious George
09-04-07, 05:41 PM
Bluetooth is a non-standard standard. Call the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center (800-458-8006) and ask them for a list of phones supported by your car. Get one of those phones. (Alternatively, call your cell phone provider and ask what cars your phone supports and buy one of those.) I have an early '06 with the omnibus Nav software update. My AT&T, nee Cingular, Treo 650 and my car are not on speaking terms. Curiously, my earlier Verizon Treo 650 worked reasonably well, if intermittently. (Verizon decided, for reasons best known to them, to discontinue service at my house, hence my switch to Cingular.) For outgoing calls from my car, I either stop at the side of road and use my Treo, or use my OnStar phone with VR.

Force-1
09-04-07, 07:47 PM
If you provide me your email address I can send you the NAV manual in .pdf format. It's 3.5MB.

I have a phone that's not in the "approved" list--a Samsung Blade, with Sprint. It works perfectly with the Bluetooth in my STS.

jvizzy22
09-05-07, 08:49 AM
thanks for all the good info guys