: Crane Cams XRI

garck
04-19-04, 04:11 PM
Any one have information about this setup or any of the similar solutions out there?

Dead Sled
04-21-04, 12:00 AM
what is it that you want to put the XRI on?

the Crane Cams XR-I is a electronic module that canverts your points distributor to electronic ignition. I believe the Pertronix Ignitor was the first to do this. and various compinies have folowed suit such as Malory. I have not used the Crane unit but have used the Pertronix Ignitor in my International. Its great, I love it. the units make an old points stlye dizzy run like a new HEI but tuck it all under the old stock cap.

It I ever get my 500 motor project going im going to go with an MSD Pro-Billet dizzy

garck
04-21-04, 01:22 AM
69 Coupe Deville 472. the Crane Unit is about $30 less than the Pertronix Ignitor II and has a rev limiter I figure I don't need it many more than 5000.

Angela Desmond
04-21-04, 06:14 PM
I put the Crane conversion in a 71 MG back in '96 for my uncle-in-law and the car runs fine to this day.I used the Petronix in my 425 caddy rebuild but haven't gotten the motor in yet, so I can't say anything about it. Either way, anything is better than points.