: Hey Elias or anyone interested in a 25k mile 92 Brougham!

Destroyer
09-03-07, 09:13 PM
Found another Florida beauty w/only 25k miles on the clock. My van and my '98 Mark VIII (16k miles!) came from dead old people......lol. Here's one for you guys: http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/413016253.html :D

Benzilla
09-03-07, 10:09 PM
It still has the original Royal Seal tires!

1990CaddyBrougham
09-03-07, 10:35 PM
They are surely out there with low miles....

Im not to fond of the all tan/ antelope.... I like the antelope interiors, but to have tripple is too much. Very clean i bet though!!

I dont see how someone can buy a car like this, and they must know they arent going to drive it much...

Destroyer
09-03-07, 11:16 PM
They are surely out there with low miles....

Im not to fond of the all tan/ antelope.... I like the antelope interiors, but to have tripple is too much. Very clean i bet though!!

I dont see how someone can buy a car like this, and they must know they arent going to drive it much...
What are you talking about?. Why would they not drive it much?. The price IS right. I'd use it for a daily driver if I bought it. Now if you pay $11k or so like some people do for these low mileage examples you might think twice but I wouldn't. ...........and bite your tongue about the Antelope mist, its an awesome color.

mharker
09-03-07, 11:24 PM
Seems to me they're kinda screwed. I am on the lookout for a nice 5.7L and would pay top dollar for a good one. But 5.0L is a non-starter. Not sure who would buy this thing unless they got it dirt cheap.

96Fleetwood
09-03-07, 11:48 PM
I sent them an email! Man.. I just bought another car yesterday... now I am up to four. I will see if I can quickly unload the one I bought and get this one.

Thanks for the heads up!

Benzilla
09-04-07, 12:03 AM
I must know... what else did you buy? Sorry if this has been covered.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-04-07, 12:15 AM
Mmmmmm....Broughams. :drool:

My_favorite_Brougham
09-04-07, 01:11 AM
I, too, think the triple antelope is too much (modern). I'd like that car with black paint and vinyl & tan interior. Hmm... Did the 90-92 Broughams have a combination black/tan? I know they did in the 80s, and I think it looks great. And I'm not talking about the "Midnight" antelope, if that's even real.

Oh and yes, do tell, 96Fleetwood, what's in your collection now?

Night Wolf
09-04-07, 08:07 AM
Wow... that is nice.

I dunno, I don't mind the triple tan, but its a color I already like to begin with.

$5k?!?!?!? Thats cheap.

I used to not want a 305 if I ever got one of those... but... eh, they are reliable, and probably better on gas then the 350.... unless you were going to make a race car out of it, I am sure the 305 is plenty... heck the 307 moves the car around well enough (for me atleast) and a 305 is more powerful then that.

If I didn't have the Town Car, and didn't mind owning a car that was dated for its time, especially compared to other Caddys, I'd probably get something just like that right now.... that'd be an awesome highway car :)

1990CaddyBrougham
09-04-07, 08:16 AM
What are you talking about?. Why would they not drive it much?. The price IS right. I'd use it for a daily driver if I bought it. Now if you pay $11k or so like some people do for these low mileage examples you might think twice but I wouldn't. ...........and bite your tongue about the Antelope mist, its an awesome color.

I should have structured this better.

I mean the people who bought it new. Going and spending 30g's plus on a new cadillac, and only driving it 1600 miles a year.

Gotta love the old folks.... ;)

Destroyer
09-04-07, 09:40 AM
I should have structured this better.

I mean the people who bought it new. Going and spending 30g's plus on a new cadillac, and only driving it 1600 miles a year.

Gotta love the old folks.... ;)Well, a lot of old ladies buy cars often after the hubby dies and really only use them for grocery shopping and maybe to church. Nowadays they buy Camry's and such but not long ago they were buying Cadillacs and Lincolns. After the old ladies pass the car is more often than not inherited by their kids that have no need for the car and want to make money off them. The kids usually dont live in the same state and go by KBB values to sell them off but they can be massively negotiated cause usually there is an urgency to get this stuff sold and settle estates. When I bought my wifes '98 Mark VIII a few months ago w/16k miles I asked the daughter (who came up from Michigan to sell moms stuff off) if she would take $5k for the car and that I had it on me cash. She immediately gave me a hug and said thank you like 10 times. The old lady that bought it didn't care too much about the $40k she spent on the car, she probably knew it was going to be her last car when she bought it and just wanted something nice to drive on the rare occassion she drove. Probably the same case with this '92 Cadillac. :bouncy:

96Fleetwood
09-04-07, 05:31 PM
Well, I just sold the car I bought three days ago. It was a 1987 Cutlass 442 with Ttops. It is amazing what a detail job, some tire shine, and lots of febreeze can do to make you a profit!!

I emailed the guy with the Fleetwood in Tampa. Awaiting his response! :D

Night Wolf
09-04-07, 06:57 PM
Well, I just sold the car I bought three days ago. It was a 1987 Cutlass 442 with Ttops. It is amazing what a detail job, some tire shine, and lots of febreeze can do to make you a profit!!

I emailed the guy with the Fleetwood in Tampa. Awaiting his response! :D

Wow.... nice and rare car!

How much did you buy it and sell it for? Any pictures.

What does the buyer ask when you've only had the car for 3 days though?

96Fleetwood
09-04-07, 07:17 PM
I got it for $1,000 and sold it for $2,500.

I never registered it in my name and said I was selling it for a friend ;)

The sale was so quick I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. After I cleaned her up, I put it on craigslist and the first guy to see it bought it.

caddycruiser
09-04-07, 08:18 PM

The sale was so quick I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. After I cleaned her up, I put it on craigslist and the first guy to see it bought it.

I think I asked you this before, but where do you make most of your "finds" with the various older used cars you buy? Craigslist, as well?

96Fleetwood
09-04-07, 08:25 PM
Craigslist, eBay, and sometimes I just see cars parked for sale and find a good deal.

The Cutlass was parked down the street from my girlfriend's parents home. I made the guy the $1K offer 2 weeks ago. He called me three days ago to accept it :D

I am going to look at a '94 Fleetwood I found on Craigslist tomorrow :lildevil: I hope they are ready to wheel & deal!

Night Wolf
09-05-07, 05:49 AM

Heh, $1k isn't bad for a 442 at all!

Nice profit tho. Good pull with the selling it for a friend, I dunno if I'd be able to pull it off.

My problem is I get attached to cars too easily, I have thought about buying some cars here and there, and fixing them and selling them... but I don't know if I'd be able to sell a car well.

96Fleetwood
09-05-07, 10:12 AM
Well I just got the pictures of the 1992 Brougham.

The front seats look dirty, the center arm rest will need to be recovered, the vinyl top looks worn at the edges. I think this car will need some TLC and probably some mechanical work from sitting. I am going to pass. It is just too far away for me to justify the travel expenses.

Thanks for the heads up though :thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
09-06-07, 08:58 PM
Mmmmmm....Broughams. :drool:

Just think, you could have that sexy machine, and saved $10k. :tisk:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-06-07, 09:04 PM
They're nice, but I'd MUCH rather have the Benz.