: Online Resource Found: All Paint Names/Codes from '55 and up, with Visual Sample!

brougham_geezer
09-03-07, 12:47 AM
The main page is in another language, but if you use just these ones, you can see every paint color in a little paint chip, along with the number and it's 'proper' name! Sorry if someone already found this, I thought it was really neat. Here's the link to '55, change the year to go through them or use the numbers at the bottom of the page. :thumbsup:

http://www.cadillac.extra.hu/szinkodok/55-paint.htm

eldorado99
09-03-07, 12:53 AM
Now that is a great resource, this needs to be stickied or something!

DopeStar 156
09-03-07, 02:05 AM
Thread Stuck.

"Commodore Blue Metallic........" So that's what color my DeVille is......

Benzilla
09-03-07, 09:05 PM
*CAUTION* Not all of those are right! I looked up 1979 and it still had Saffron, and some other misinformation. Take it with a grain of salt.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-05-07, 08:43 PM
Holy christ almighty, that's the holy grail of vintage Cadillac restoration.

Benzilla
09-05-07, 10:09 PM
...Or just ignore me...

Highway Star
09-05-07, 10:39 PM
Interesting. #22 for '78 and '79 have different names. Another source gave me "Sterling Blue" for my car, but according to this list, it's "Light (Glacier) Blue Metallic". LOL, color me confused.

Benzilla
09-06-07, 02:16 AM
That's exactly what I mean, the correct name for #22 is Sterling Blue. I just double checked it with my '79 color chart.

Just be careful, guys.

Night Wolf
09-08-07, 06:16 PM
Light Pearl Grey

Awesome! I like the sound of that!

Intereting to note, my paint is Dist. Lacquer (sp?)

But they had the same exact color in clearcoat... thats kinda neat.

But, yeah for 1993 it says "Bronze Metallic Clearcoat" it was really Slate Bronze Metallic.

There is a site where you can buy paint in all these colors, from gallons to touch up pens, they use the same format, BUT, they seemed to have most of the colors right, I have it saved somewhere, but forget it.... that was a very good site.... they actually called it Slate Bronze Metallic for 1993, and, even tho that color was 1993-only I could buy any amount of paint in all the different types they had for it... that was a good site... a good Google search would probably bring it up.

305Caddy
09-10-07, 10:07 PM
Yeah it seems to have some of the names wrong, actually it seems that these are for GMC & Chevrolet. Some of the colors are used across all of GM's makes but Cadillac did and does use some exclusive colors

gregors29
09-12-07, 01:54 PM
Great resource for matching up paint. Thank you. I need some Grecian White for my 1968 DeVille Convertible

ShokleyMobile1972
09-20-07, 12:40 AM
cool, that is a great resource. Thanks.

Bro-Ham
12-12-07, 12:44 AM
Hi, The info in this thread does not accurately state the "Cadillac" names for the colors and is really not worthy of a "sticky" in the forum in my opinion. Dave

425 Dual Quad
12-16-07, 08:24 AM
So my '76 is Crystal Blue Firemist Metallic [well it was unitl it got painted again!] - is there a way to check paint and trim from the VIN or a body tag on a '76 - I forgeet!

And the '79 coupe was I thought Coronation Yellow but it says here simply Light yellow.

The '93 and '94 Fleets are white clearcoat whereas I thought they were Cotilion White - did they stop calling the white Cotilion White by then?

The '77 coupe I just got is a Seamist Green which checks. Lovely colour, triple green with darker green leather interior.

By the way the resource is in Hungary for those who were curious to its origins and is the website of the Hungarian Cadillac Club. They're pretty fanatical about their Cadillacs down there.

cheers! Nick

Benzilla
12-21-07, 05:36 PM
They don't always get the names right. Like, when I bought touch up paint for my red '79 Coupe Deville the code was correct, but the Paint was called Carmine, vs Saxony Red, as it was called in the brochure. And Western Saddle Firemist was something like medium saddle mica.

CADDYCPEDEVILLE
02-19-08, 10:50 PM
I Have A 79 Coupe Deville With A 99 Paint Code And It Says Saffron When It Looks Like Western Saddle Firemist.... Not Sure What Name My Color Is..

Benzilla
02-19-08, 11:04 PM
Well, I know from personal experience that 96 is in fact Western Saddle Firemist. So, if it says 99 it must be Saffron

Ben

Warren_R
04-28-08, 04:09 AM
Interesting thing I noticed, there are two shades (1989 listings) named "Light Beechwood Metallic Clearcoat", although each one has a different code number. Comments welcomed :)

FleetwoodCoupeFan
04-25-09, 10:21 AM
This is the one I had posted the message about yesterday, It doesn't work anymore. Can someone help me find another site?

Thanks.