Cadillac Owners Forum banner

i have searched and searched still havent found the answers to my bose questions

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  7tcutty 
#1 ·
Hi everyone ive been lurking here and reading for a couple months now i have some stereo questions about the bose system:rant2:

1 conflicting information.. on adding a sub. can i tap directly into the factory sub wires for my converter or not..
- if no then where should i splice.
2 how is the sound quality with a aftermarket head unit installed?
- seems like you would still have the same crappy bose sound with just a diff HU
3 how do i keep my cd changer controls with a after maket HU
4 has anyone tried replacing the bose amp with a aftermarket 5 channell amp using all of the stock wires? that just seems like an easy way to get better sound

5 what is the parts list to:
a- add a aftermarket subwoofer to a bose system
b- add a aftermarket hu to a bose system and keep ALL of the controls

6 can someone compile a complete list of items you will need to do a complete sway\p job hu subs and amps also the best place to get them..

i am not new to the stereo game i have built quite a few good systems. however this bose system to me just SUCKS there is not enoug treble and to much midrange and very little bass.
fwiw i built a sweet system using the factory HU in my 96 roadmaster i replaced all the speakers and added tweeters in the back deck and a pair of subs. that was it it was CLEAN and loud. and sounded awesome. however my bose system is horrible compared to that.

cleansweep is out of the option list thats to much $$ to spend just to completely redo you system.
thanks in advance for you help!

See less See more
#5 ·
nv doesnt matter
bose for hu swap you either keep the system or swap everything out and rewire everything
keeping bose metra gmos-06, bypassing metra gmrc-03
keeping sub yes you can get an loc (line out converter) and branch off the rear sub terminals
aftermarket deck with factory bose sounds fine i had my pioneer n1 on my 03 sts before i went to factory sounded great
keeping wheel controls depends on the hu you choose
DO NOT USE STOCK WIRES WITH AFTERMARKET AMP!!!!

#8 ·
well ive gathered all the parts i need. ive got the dash kit modified now i cant figure out how the get the radio to mount to it. and i cant find any information on the correct way to mod this chunk of plastic to make it work. so i bought another kit and a diff model hoping to fab something up to make this all work.. can anyone tell me steps to modify the dash kit correctly? and how about how did you get the radio to mount in

#9 ·
#10 ·
thanks jdman ive got those parts but im installing /was installing a double din unit, you are right sliceing into the stock sub sucs pretty bad even with a adjustable LOC.. i need to find the male and female plugs for the bose system so i can wire up some connectors to for a aftermarket amp should be pretty easy just time consuming. i did the same think to my roadmaster so i could run an aftermarket amp and NOT run all new speaker wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.