: New SRX Owner

sfarley111
09-02-07, 07:40 PM
Hello to all. Not sure if this is the right place for intros for new SRX owners, but if it’s not, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I have been reading the posts here for the past several months, getting great “real-world” info on the SRX. The decision came down to either an SRX or an Acura MDX. Well, we just picked up our 2008 SRX last Friday (ordered late July). Ordered from Lynch Cadillac in Auburn, AL. Very nice people – would buy from them again.

This is the first Cadillac I’ve ever owed. After coming from German iron the past three cars (since 1998), it is somewhat different. Not only going from a car to an SUV (excuse me, Crossover), but going from the American “feel” to the German “feel”. There is a difference, as some of you probably know.

The SRX is Blue Chip w/ Cashmere, V8, Premium, Sport, Theater, Utility & MRC (The MRC was ordered in great part due to the positive feedback gotten here on it). Great ride so far – a lot of technology! Can confirm new heated steering wheel, remote start, new key fob (I think) and the new colors (saw a Black Cherry on the lot).

Thanks again to all for your inputs in helping me make this decision.

Steve Farley
Montgomery, AL

TSS
09-02-07, 08:33 PM
Wecome and congrats!

Todd

robhersch
09-02-07, 08:55 PM
Steve,
Welcome aboard to the somewhat small, exclusive world of SRX owners. We love our 2005 Blue Chip/ Ebony Basic N*V8 RWD, Bose (no NAV), tow pkg. We waited over a year to get our prefered combo, and we have never been sorry. We wish you the best!!

sgilbert
09-02-07, 09:30 PM
Welcome! I've got the exact color in an '04 and still love it.

MortnCyn
09-03-07, 09:43 AM
Too bad you could not delete the heated steering wheel and add air-conditioned seats. Doubt you will need the heated steering wheel in Auburn. Or should I say Montgomery?
Welcome aboard.

c5 rv
09-03-07, 01:51 PM
... Doubt you will need the heated steering wheel in Auburn. Or should I say Montgomery?
Welcome aboard.

No offense Steve, but having once had a branch office in Birmingham, a heated steering wheel is a big help for those 1-2 days a year when a few flakes of snow fly (or maybe even get a 1/2 inch on the grass - gasp). Everyone has to run out to the Piggly Wiggly to get milk and bread. All while gripping the steering wheel so hard their knuckles go to white and then blue. Imagine how much comfortable that white-knuckle trip to the store will be this winter.

sfarley111
09-03-07, 11:43 PM
Believe it or not, I did try to delete the wood trimmed, heated steering wheel, but was told NO. Lucked out when the SRX was built and got the all leather version because of a “fulfillment” issue w/ the wood trimmed versions. Anyway, for the three (not two, thank you very much) days of winter here, at least the wifey will have toasty hands!

Changing the subject, are the cooled seats really an option? They did not show on the option sheet I used to order my ’08 and the posting by “Caddycrusier” in this forum on changes for 2008 does not show them either. Did I miss earlier on the build sheet? Maybe not available early in the model year run?

Can anybody confirm it is an option (option code?)?

Steve

MortnCyn
09-04-07, 08:36 AM
Cooled seats are not an option.

pietroraimondi
09-08-07, 12:43 AM
Welcome aboard Steve....you'll really find that the SRX is one fantastic vehicle. Aside from its stellar appearance, I have not ridden in a more comfortable vehicle on an extended road trip ever.

We are second time SRX buyers. We purchased new in 2004 and traded her in May 2007 for the 2007 SRX V8 AWD version.

My wife once again selected the Diamond White pearl coat with the cashmere/beige leather interior. We loaded this one up as well with all of the factory RPO options.

New for 2007 was the Sport Apppearance Package that I insisted on. That package provides different sport front and rear bumper fascia's and the 20" mirror polished aluminum wheels.

The only disappointment was that you could not order the magnetic ride control with the Sport Appearance Package.

I'm not quite sure why that it is....if someone know's please fill me/us in.

Other than that minor issue we could not be happier.

Once again...welcome aboard and I wish you a very positive ownership experience as we have enjoyed.

MortnCyn
09-08-07, 01:04 PM
I think the lack of the MRC option with the sport package is beause of the
20" wheels.

sfarley111
09-08-07, 01:19 PM
New for 2007 was the Sport Apppearance Package that I insisted on. That package provides different sport front and rear bumper fascia's and the 20" mirror polished aluminum wheels.

The only disappointment was that you could not order the magnetic ride control with the Sport Appearance Package.

I'm not quite sure why that it is....if someone know's please fill me/us in.

MortynCyn is correct - it's the 20" wheel package that keeps you from the MRC - that's the main reason I did not get the 20"-ers - no MRC.

You can get the MRC with the Sports Package, you just have to "settle" for the standard 18" wheels.

Steve

sfarley111
09-09-07, 10:15 AM
A couple of pics of the new ride.

TSS
09-09-07, 12:09 PM
That is the only Sport Packaged SRX without 20"s that I have seen. The sport package and MRC, I love it!

c5 rv
09-09-07, 02:46 PM
I like it!