: Can Mag ride settings be changed ?

porkfarm
09-02-07, 08:08 AM
I have searched, but I can not seem to find out if the mag ride can be changed. I thought that it could be changed from perf. to touring. I just can't seem to figure out how or if it can be changed on my 05 STS V8 RWD with the perf package. I can't find any setting on the touchscreen.. Thanks in advance for helping a newbie ..

Force-1
09-02-07, 10:31 AM
I don't think so. The owner's manual says nothing about being able to change it.

I have it in my C6 Corvette, and there's a switch on my console for changing between tour and sport.

Cajonkev
09-02-07, 01:06 PM
As you have the 05 you may still have the original software in your nav/radio head unit...If so, in order to change the setting you have to go something like:

A. Stop the car.
B. Access the “Config” screen (hard key).
C. Select “Vehicle”.
D. Select “Personal Settings”.
E. Select “Occupant Information”
F. Scroll Down
G. Select “Performance Mode”

GM updated the software in 06 (calendar year not model year. Early 06's have the original software too) so that you can now access the settings by just hitting the "config" hard key. The perf/touring buttons are located in the bottom right corner of the top screen.

Hope that helps...

porkfarm
09-02-07, 01:24 PM
OMG.. I did not even see the scroll bar. Worked like a charm. Now to see how it rides. Thanks TONS Cajonkev !!

Curious George
09-02-07, 05:12 PM
What differences should I feel between the Performance and Touring modes? I have an early '06 1SG. My sense is that the differences are quite subtle, but Binky Bear wrote in a another thread that the ride quality was too harsh for his taste in Performance mode. What I notice (or think I notice) in spirited driving in Performance mode is better control of pitch and roll body motions. The car takes a set quicker when entering a turn and flattens quicker on exit. On the other hand, in Performance mode, the car positively crashes over speed bumps at low speeds, as in a parking lot: it seems to lose all jounce control under 10 MPH. I can't wait to read what porkfarm finds.

Force-1
09-02-07, 07:03 PM
As you have the 05 you may still have the original software in your nav/radio head unit...If so, in order to change the setting you have to go something like:

A. Stop the car.
B. Access the “Config” screen (hard key).
C. Select “Vehicle”.
D. Select “Personal Settings”.
E. Select “Occupant Information”
F. Scroll Down
G. Select “Performance Mode”

GM updated the software in 06 (calendar year not model year. Early 06's have the original software too) so that you can now access the settings by just hitting the "config" hard key. The perf/touring buttons are located in the bottom right corner of the top screen.

Hope that helps...

Ahhh....no wonder I did not see this. It's in the Nav manual, not owner's manual.

porkfarm
09-03-07, 05:01 AM
Well I think I will be keeping it in performance mode from now on. It just seems to bring it more in line with how my Jag drives. The steering wheel even seems tighter.. And just like you said CGeorge, The pitch and roll is gone on lane shifts on the highway. I am starting to like this car more and more. Even looks like the oil is staying level now. A few more weeks and I should have it just the way I like it... Up next... Window tint. 35%

Curious George
09-03-07, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the report, porkfarm.

jhelms
09-06-07, 03:38 PM
Well I think I will be keeping it in performance mode from now on. It just seems to bring it more in line with how my Jag drives. The steering wheel even seems tighter.. And just like you said CGeorge, The pitch and roll is gone on lane shifts on the highway. I am starting to like this car more and more. Even looks like the oil is staying level now. A few more weeks and I should have it just the way I like it... Up next... Window tint. 35%

You'll love the tint, just tinted ours 35% on the sides and 20% on the back window, it was perfect!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/114795-tinting-2006-sts-20-rear-35-a.html

CadillacSTS42005
09-06-07, 04:51 PM
neat
do you HAVE to have nav to adjust it?

porkfarm
09-06-07, 08:57 PM
I did it thru the Nav. I think this is the only place to do it, and dang if I didn't have a hard time finding it, till the good folks here helped me out. :yup:
Now I wonder if that 20% tint on the rear window is going to be hard to see out at night backing into a paahking spot.. ( Ya . I still got that Boston accent ) Just hope it's not wicked daahk.