: 2007 vs. 2008 SRX? 2008 Arrived Yet?

jplevine
08-31-07, 08:17 PM
I am fairly new to this forum, but you guys have us fired up to get an SRX. Are the 2008 models actually at the dealers yet? If not, is it known when they will?

Also, do most feel it is worthwhile to wait for the 2008 or try to get a deal on a 2007 now?

Mplsspyder
09-01-07, 09:50 AM
2008 SRX's have been at most dealers for a few weeks or a month by now.
We have sold and delivered 2 or 3 already. Deals are on the 07's not the 08's and for my taste not enough changed to have to have the 08.
Leasing on the 07 was supposed to end tuesday but has been extended until sept. 27th.

73Thumper
09-01-07, 11:06 AM
08's - a few color changes. No drivetrain changes - no body or appearance changes except possible rim design (looks only) changes. new options or standard equipment - not avaliable on 07's. 1) Heated steering wheel (also a new "look") 2) remote start 3) (not confirmed) - but I heard possibly cooled/ventilated seats. I have a 07 with the full sport option - and I LOVE it. no dissapointments so far - only regret is no remote start. I would have liked to have the MRC shocks but for 07 that was not a allowable option if you up'd for the 20" wheel package. I also have the V8 - reasonable fuel mileage - on the hwy for something with this kind of power. I thought about a Enclave but just couldn't wait - plus I am old school and like my V8 engines. I also have a rare color - sunset blue. One of the best colors I have had - as it looks clean - even when it is not.

This forum was my sole mate when I was looking to buy and helped me alot. Good luck on your future purchase - and I hope it is a SRX....

Hoppiecat
09-01-07, 11:14 AM
The 2008 does have the remote start and a new steering wheel. Along with new colors, I believe that is all that changed. Although I like the idea of the remote start, you could probably get a much better deal on the 2007. I purchased the 07,not enough differences for the money.

jplevine
09-01-07, 05:23 PM
All good advice. We went to 2 dealerships in central Connecticut today. One had only a few 2008's with more on the way. The other had one 2007 and one 2006 (a new one) - no 2008's. They didn't even think the 2008's were out yet. :confused:

It seems like around here, it is tough finding 2007's with what we want, but the dealerships are looking. Basically, we are looking for a V6 AWD with most options except DVD and NAV. Any other advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

TSS
09-01-07, 11:09 PM
If you are not getting 20s, hold out for an SRX with MRC (magnetic ride control ). Worth every penny.

BaseBoy
09-02-07, 01:09 AM
"They didn't even think the 2008's were out yet." There is zero probability of this being true -- unless the salesperson couldn't tell a pickup from a minivan. A Cadillac salesperson knows precisely when different model year cars are available. In fact, the dealer would have already placed an order for 08s. What the dealer wants to do is sell whatever the dealer has on the lot. 08s don't exist of if the 07s must be sold.

Further, Cadillac salespersons often don't know their own inventory or lie about it. Check the dealer's web site for inventory.

Since there is essentially no difference 07 to 08, price (07 less expensive), resale value (08 higher resale value), and availability are the only issues.

jplevine
09-02-07, 08:42 AM
That's what I thought, but they only had 2 new SRX's on the lot, one of which was from 2006 (probably get a really good deal on that, but no 3rd row seat). I think the salesperson was just clueless.

I thought I heard that the interior is nicer on the 2008's. Is that true or are they basically the same?

TSS
09-02-07, 11:29 AM
The big interior change came in 2007. 2006 interioirs are entirely different. 2007 and 2008 are the same (except as previously noted steering wheel).

sfarley111
09-02-07, 06:23 PM
We just picked up our 2008 last Friday (ordered late July). Blue Chip w/ Cashmere, V8, Premium, Sport, Theater, Utility & MRC. Great ride so far. Can confirm new heated steering wheel, remote start, new key fob (I think) and the new colors (saw a Black Cherry on the lot). No ventilated seats. FWIW, the early models are coming w/o the wood steering wheel (supplier problem I was told) and there is a $100 credit on the sticker.

Steve

jplevine
09-02-07, 09:58 PM
How did the Black Cherry look? That is my wife's favorite color, but would then have to get a 2008 - would rather save some $$ and get a 2007 if possible. The new features for the 2008 are not that big a deal to me, especially if no ventilated seats. I actually would prefer not to get the wood steering wheel (although again, my wife likes it). IMO, I think it is easier to grip the leather wheel.

Could someone explain Magnetic Ride Control? I have heard it is good to get. When I went to Cadillac's site to
"build" my SRX, it didn't MRC as a separate option. Is it part of a package?

sfarley111
09-02-07, 10:23 PM
How did the Black Cherry look? That is my wife's favorite color, but would then have to get a 2008 - would rather save some $$ and get a 2007 if possible. The new features for the 2008 are not that big a deal to me, especially if no ventilated seats. I actually would prefer not to get the wood steering wheel (although again, my wife likes it). IMO, I think it is easier to grip the leather wheel.

Could someone explain Magnetic Ride Control? I have heard it is good to get. When I went to Cadillac's site to
"build" my SRX, it didn't MRC as a separate option. Is it part of a package?

To my wife & me, the BC looked kinda “purple-ish” in the sun. You really need to see in person to make a decision. That was originally our color of choice, but after looking at it earlier this year, we went the the Blue Chip.

The Magnetic Ride Control is a stand alone option (code is FE3) on the Cadillac web site. It is a $1,650 option. If you really want the technical description, go to the SRX page, look under “Features” then “Suspension”. It really makes a world of difference.

Steve

rblimas
09-03-07, 02:19 AM
08's - a few color changes. No drivetrain changes - no body or appearance changes except possible rim design (looks only) changes. new options or standard equipment - not avaliable on 07's. 1) Heated steering wheel (also a new "look") 2) remote start 3) (not confirmed) - but I heard possibly cooled/ventilated seats. I have a 07 with the full sport option - and I LOVE it. no dissapointments so far - only regret is no remote start. I would have liked to have the MRC shocks but for 07 that was not a allowable option if you up'd for the 20" wheel package. I also have the V8 - reasonable fuel mileage - on the hwy for something with this kind of power. I thought about a Enclave but just couldn't wait - plus I am old school and like my V8 engines. I also have a rare color - sunset blue. One of the best colors I have had - as it looks clean - even when it is not.

This forum was my sole mate when I was looking to buy and helped me alot. Good luck on your future purchase - and I hope it is a SRX....

what about the keyfob? i thought all 2008 cadillacs were going to get them?

sfarley111
09-03-07, 07:08 AM
what about the keyfob? i thought all 2008 cadillacs were going to get them?

Ooops - yes, it does have the key fob - very nice - functions are: lock, unlock, adaptive remote start, emergency alert & tailgate open. Two are included - each controls settings for an individual driver.

Steve

jplevine
09-03-07, 10:03 PM
Just went to another dealer today. Seems impossible to find a 2007 V6 AWD with MRC without getting pretty much every option. I would really like to get into a 2007 for the savings/incentives, but only get the Luxury and Utility packages (no Driver's Package, NAV or DVD). How big of a deal is not getting the MRC?

sfarley111
09-03-07, 10:31 PM
The MRC is somewhat subjective, but drive one with and one without back-to-back (if you can) and the difference is noticeable. The MRC is a “tighter”, more controlled ride, more in touch with the road, not so isolated. Some may feel it too firm, with too much feedback, but coming fresh from German cars (BMW, Audi) for the past nine years, I really like the feel. That is the main reason I ordered a 2008 – I could not find a V8 Sport anywhere in the eastern half of the US w/ the MRC. I felt so strongly about having it, I waited to order a ’08. As I said, the feel is somewhat subjective, but you really can notice the difference.

Steve Farley

TSS
09-04-07, 07:56 AM
Take a tight curved on ramp/off ramp at speed with a MRC and a non MRC. The MRC keeps the vehicle more level (less lean) and instills far more confidence. Also, drive both on a bumpy road.

MaKe sure you are comparing apples to apples too (ie same size wheels).

I too refused to buy one without MRC and had to order mine in 06. Not a popular option for dealers to stock because it is expensive and most buyers don't even know to look for it. I would not consider buying another SRX without it myself. Non MRC SRXs are great, don't get me wrong, but MRC brings ride and handling to a higher level.

mohmoh
09-04-07, 05:36 PM
The SRX has certain features that really define the car. Mine has MRC, and having driven a loner for a month that didn't have it, I'd never get a SRX without it. The no MRC ride was much rougher. Also, I really like the Ultraview sunroof. AWD and V8 also.
But what is the big deal of not having the nav system? This is one of the most useful features I have ever used IMHO. Not just a convenience, also a safety feature when looking for an unfamiliar address.
Wish I had the remote start on my 2005….
Also WISH MY TURN SIGNALS DIDN’T STOP WORKING INTERMITTENTLY IN DAMP COLD WEATHER….
Other than that, I like the car.

jplevine
09-05-07, 12:33 AM
It seems most folks on this forum are fans of MRC. I guess I would restate my question this way: We are trying to keep the price of the vehicle down so we can get into an SRX. Getting a 2007 with the options we really want (V6 w/AWD, Luxury Package and Utility Package) is the best way for us to do this. The only 2007s in the northeast with MRC are loaded to the gills - too much $$ for us. This is primarily my wife's car (she's not into the performance type of stuff) to drive herself and the kids around town and for us to take on the periodic family trips. That said, will we still like the SRX if it doesn't have MRC? We are coming out of a Toyota Sienna, so I would assume this would still be an improvement, even without MRC?

john d
09-05-07, 02:01 AM
It seems most folks on this forum are fans of MRC. I guess I would restate my question this way: We are trying to keep the price of the vehicle down so we can get into an SRX. Getting a 2007 with the options we really want (V6 w/AWD, Luxury Package and Utility Package) is the best way for us to do this. The only 2007s in the northeast with MRC are loaded to the gills - too much $$ for us. This is primarily my wife's car (she's not into the performance type of stuff) to drive herself and the kids around town and for us to take on the periodic family trips. That said, will we still like the SRX if it doesn't have MRC? We are coming out of a Toyota Sienna, so I would assume this would still be an improvement, even without MRC?
You really need to drive on a moderately bumpy to very rough road in MRC and non MRC and judge for yourself. MRC isn't just for handling and fast turn fun...it's a ride comfort item.
Difference between a truck and a luxury ride.
If it were me (and it was) I'd spring for the xtr$ as I'm going to be in the seat a very long time.
Too, conventional suspensions ride rougher as the miles pile up...don't think that's going to happen with MRC self calibrations, but it might.
Hey, if you're going to go 1st class then don't skip the whipped cream!

TSS
09-05-07, 07:57 AM
Just order one with only the options you want. You are no "stuck" with a vehicle loaded to the gills if you want MRC. Ultraview is absolutely awesome, but given a choice due to money concerns, I would take MRC.

You will love a non-MRC SRX...until you drive a MRC, then you will just like it a lot.

Wagoneer
09-05-07, 09:44 PM
That said, will we still like the SRX if it doesn't have MRC?

I've driven both: we have MRC on ours, and I've had a couple of loaners without it. Although it's reputation is for aiding in performance driving, in day-to-day driving, MRC actually makes the suspension softer and more comfortable. The non-MRC SRX has a moderately stiff sport suspension. With MRC, the suspension will stiffen up signficantly when the car is driven hard, but will allow a softer ride when it's not. It's a nice feature but you can live without it, provided that you don't mind a stiffer, more "European" ride in your daily driving.