: Looking for clear tail lamps

BooYaKa
08-31-07, 03:00 PM
Just bought a 2006 v6 awd in silver with black interior. Im wondering if anyone has found the lamps that have a clear cover with chrome on the inside. Ive seen that GM sells one but i see yellow lights on the inside. I could have sworn i saw a different set elsewhere that didnt have the yellow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BooYaKa

sweetdivel
09-01-07, 07:34 AM
this kind of lights is in all STSs by default in my country.................i wounder why it is not there in US?

http://uymni.com/out.php/i657_16072007161.jpg

BooYaKa
09-01-07, 06:43 PM
Ive got a question for you too. How the heck do the side mirrors fold in i looked in the manual and didnt see a damn thing. i find it hard to believe that they wouldnt.

Force-1
09-01-07, 07:57 PM
Ive got a question for you too. How the heck do the side mirrors fold in i looked in the manual and didnt see a damn thing. i find it hard to believe that they wouldnt.

Manually--just push them toward the door with your hand.

Cajonkev
09-02-07, 02:08 PM
Only the export versions have automatic folding mirrors...

sweetdivel
09-05-07, 11:35 PM

in the driver's door just above the mirror control buttons, there is a tiny Little button to fold the mirrors electrically. no need to push them or even touch them.

but still i wonder how to make them fold automatically when the doors lock. like my brother's Lexus ES350?

Curious George
09-09-07, 08:52 PM
Back to the original question: the tail lamps you're looking for are export assemblies. They are available through Cadillac as accessories. See http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/accessory.jsp?model=sts&year=2007

BooYaKa
09-10-07, 03:30 PM
Just picked up the tail lights and I'm gonna install them tonight. Hopefully its not too difficult to do myself. Ill post pics if anyone is interested.

BooYaKa
09-10-07, 04:00 PM
Just picked up the tail lights and I'm gonna install them tonight. Hopefully its not too difficult to do myself. Ill post pics if anyone is interested.

lreddiablo
09-25-07, 05:30 AM
U got them from the dealer? how much did they charge?

BooYaKa
09-26-07, 07:37 PM
Yeah I ordered them through the dealer. It was 325 for the set if i remember correctly. I ordered the 3rd brake light last week for 225 im still waiting for that to come in.

BooYaKa

lreddiablo
10-01-07, 05:29 PM
I just bought a set of clears from the dealer but I haven't installed them yet. They cost $325. I have a black STS and was wondering has anyone found a smoked lense for sale like the one on that Saudi STS above? The cadillac website accsesories available on the website show the clears but list them as smoke lenses.

domsofsts
11-05-07, 01:30 AM
I just bought a set of clears from the dealer but I haven't installed them yet. They cost $325. I have a black STS and was wondering has anyone found a smoked lense for sale like the one on that Saudi STS above? The cadillac website accsesories available on the website show the clears but list them as smoke lenses.

WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO POST THE GM PART NUMBER FOR THOSE TAIL LIGHTS. THE ONLY ONES I FOUND AT THE DEALER WERE SMOKED?????
PART NUMBER 17802271