: Stupid Cadillac Enthusiast Magazine

Lord Cadillac
08-29-07, 10:15 AM
http://www.cadillacenthusiastmagazine.com/

Unfortunately, I had to write most of it myself. And as you'll see, I'm not a very good writer. I lack the creativity to take on such a project. Still, I got very tired of seeing the current issue over a year old from August of 2006. So, this morning, I took to writing...

Let me know what you think and/or where I can improve...

Otherwise, I'd love it if someone would take on writing two articles for me:
1. Tech Tips
2. Classic Cadillacs

These two areas are still using the same articles as in the August 2006 issue. I'm out of time and if somebody could help out, I'd appreciate it. Tech Tips should come right here from the forums - and Classic Cadillacs can be an article written about any Cadillac from 1980 or so - and earlier.

Any takers?

P.S. If you're a member of this forum, the articles in the magazine are nothing new! This magazine is simply a way to draw more traffic from search engines and to show people who don't visit here what's going on at Cadillac.

Lord Cadillac
08-29-07, 10:23 AM
Oh, also Reader's Rides.. If you want your Cadillac in the mix, let me know right here...

Thanks...

AMGoff
08-29-07, 01:05 PM
Have you thought about a general overview section covering each and all Cadillac models? I'd be willing to chip in on that. To go even further, in depth new car reviews/road tests? I'd be more than willing to show up to Cadillac dealer in a suit and tie and say "Hi.. I'm a columnist with Cadillac Enthusiast Magazine.. I'd like to review one of you Cadillacs for a couple days..."

Lord Cadillac
08-31-07, 01:33 AM
That all sounds very cool to me! We just have to make sure there's no liability on us in the event some idiot slams into you while you're on the road..

But otherwise, anything you'd like to contribute - I could find a spot for it in the "magazine". I'd really like to get this thing rolling. It really COULD be interesting. It just needs more participation than just me...

AMGoff
08-31-07, 11:16 AM
Well.. especially if I end up buying this Wildcat, I may need every reason in the world to get out of the house! It's been forever since I've written an article.. probably since my college newspaper days.. so that was.. hmmm, I suddenly feel very old! Regardless, I don't think there would be any liability on you guys since I would technically be considered "freelance." Then once a dealer puts their respective dealer tag on the back of that bad boy then it's covered by their insurance. I don't know how many multi-day tests I could get at first, heck I'd be happy with a full day, but if this thing were to take off.. who know's I could be like the big boys and get a car for a whole week!

So.. yeah, further discussion is in order since I'd be very interested in helping out as well as writing again. Wait.. that makes my intentions far nobler than they really are. In reality I just want to drive any new Cadillac for extended periods without actually having to buy them! But that makes me sound selfish so I'll stick with the first one.. yeah.. that sounds better!

AMGoff
08-31-07, 11:23 AM
I just noticed something, DeSimone advertises on this site.. or at least through Google. They're not all that far from me. Perhaps a nice big plug in my review will be incentive for them to provide some cars to review... hmmm. How many people visit this site per day?

Lord Cadillac
08-31-07, 01:09 PM
Your ideas sound good. I hear ya about getting to drive the cars for review (for more than just a test drive). That would be cool. Sorta like the guy who owns www.familycar.com.. That's got to be a cool job. :) And for the magazine to have reviews, that would be really nice..

I haven't checked the logs lately, but unless I'm mistaken, this is the busiest Cadillac website online - besides www.cadillac.com itself. It's easily the biggest... We've been having 50-60 new signups per day. By extremely far, most people don't signup and simply lurk, read, etcetera - I'd say we're very, very busy...

AMGoff
08-31-07, 01:25 PM
Good point bringing up familycar.com... I was thinking pretty much the same thing. I've spoken with Charles Ofria before, he's just a "regular joe" who likes cars. We wouldn't have to kill ourselves, start out with just one review per month... perhaps some comparisons. Maybe if one of our fine fellow readers has some experience with something like quarkexpress we could even try something along the lines of Winding Road magazine and have an actual digital magazine in pdf format. Then again that's putting the cart in front of the horse. It would be great for someone to compile tech tips, detailing tips, future model watch.. to get an all encompassing view of that which we call Cadillac.

I'll contact some local dealers starting with DeSimone next week to gauge the feasibility of getting a car to review.

Lord Cadillac
08-31-07, 02:44 PM
Sounds good to me! And the 'paper' version will come if the site ever picks up enough to justify it.

I see it like this.. Anyone searching "cadillac magazine" in the engines is going to find that site. So, the traffic will be very targeted to people interested in Cadillac. Those not internet savvy enough to find this forum will have a second shot at learning what they need to know about our favorite brand from a fairly unbiased source...