: Parking Lot Experience Made Me Mad!

Ralph
04-18-04, 10:16 PM
We were parked at Zellers today. The parking lot is huge, and of course all the shoppers are parked near the doors, except me. I park AWAY from everyone else, or closer to everyone, but at an angle while using two spaces to avoid dings. (today, I did the latter) Upon parking, we got out of the Caddy, and this lady a couple of spaces over was leaving. She waited until I made eye contact to "point at my car in anger, while yelling her head off!" Apparently, even with 100 or more spaces available, and my car not hindering her exit in any way, she didn't like how I parked!! My temper kicked in and I immediately mimicked her actions not 3 ft. from her driver's side window! (my facial anger can scare the crap out of a pit bull) Ever heard of parking lot road rage, LOL! She proceeded to quickly look away and drive off rapidly.

My point is, if you care about your car, do you park with all the other junk piles, or do you make an effort like me to avoid door dingers? If there were no more spaces available, then I have no problem parking like everyone else, nice and tidy in the lines. Half of the lot was empty! I do what I want when it comes to my car! Perhaps she was just jealous, as she "only" had a Buick. :p

DaveSmed
04-18-04, 10:27 PM
Hell, I take up wayy more spots than that all the way in the back. If anyone has a problem with it, they can get thier doors all dinged up by genusises who haven't grasped the concept that you can't open your door all the way when parked next to someone.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-18-04, 10:30 PM
i make one hell of a effort on any car i drive to make sure i dont get it dinged , i park in the middle of nowhere

2 nights ago i had moms new malibu maxx , this ***** was about to shvoe a cart into the side of it(middle of the empty side of the frickin lot) , i hit "lock" on the key fob 2 times to give him a horn chirp , then hit "start " scared the hell out him that this car honked at him and started its engine with its owner no where in sight

me and dad have a nasty habit of kicking doors in after a car "door dings" one of our rides and yes we make sure to check for evidence before kicking doors in , pretty easy find when you see your paint on thier car

Pimpin_Whity
04-18-04, 11:00 PM
i had the worse parking lot experience of all. i went to Stop&Shop to get a bottle of soda with some chips they only sell in that store. since it was like 11pm the lot was half empy and i left my car neatly parked between two lines in the middle of an empy row. come out of the store to find a van parkded so close to my drivers side (with his drivers side) i have no idea how he got out of his car :banghead: , what a dumbass, i waited for 5 min for him to come out but i needed to get home quick so i got in the car through the passenger side and drove off. when i was a block away i opened the glove compartment to get my cell charger and found a pocket knife :lildevil: , turned around and when i got back to the store the guy was gone :annoyed: . he's the luckiest moth******er alive, i would have poked out all four of his tires and the spare if he was still there (and probably scrached out some nice words all over his car :bighead: )

FastCTS
04-19-04, 12:23 AM
I always park as far away from the pack as I can, and up hill so no carts can roll into car. Been lucky so far, have CTS for 18 months and no dings yet. Windshield has about 5 chips.

Sometimes an A-H will key your car because they know you park it far away for protection. If a van parks near your driver's side be cautious because that's one way women are kidnapped. When you are unlocking your door they slide open the side door, grab you and pull you into the van and drive off.

Playdrv4me
04-19-04, 02:13 AM
I always park a million miles from everyone else, and if I cant I am the one who will drive around for 20 minutes to find the pristine perfect corner spot.

Lately however, I let my car care go for a while because I have been worried I might be sick (its a long and CARELESS story if you know what I mean), so I started parking less carefully, and it only took one time to get a tiny one on my passengers door.

Ralph
04-19-04, 03:22 AM
Thanks everyone, and I'm glad I canot be labelled paranoid if others feel like I do! Maybe we all should drive a 1972 Plymouth so we'd never care what parks beside us?! :hmm:

p.s. I've been known to "kick" a car door or two myself, and it angers me that others do not respect ones property, because they themselves have nothing worth respecting! :devil:

Ralph
04-19-04, 03:25 AM
i had the worse parking lot experience of all. i went to Stop&Shop to get a bottle of soda with some chips they only sell in that store. since it was like 11pm the lot was half empy and i left my car neatly parked between two lines in the middle of an empy row. come out of the store to find a van parkded so close to my drivers side (with his drivers side) i have no idea how he got out of his car :banghead: , what a dumbass, i waited for 5 min for him to come out but i needed to get home quick so i got in the car through the passenger side and drove off. when i was a block away i opened the glove compartment to get my cell charger and found a pocket knife :lildevil: , turned around and when i got back to the store the guy was gone :annoyed: . he's the luckiest moth******er alive, i would have poked out all four of his tires and the spare if he was still there (and probably scrached out some nice words all over his car :bighead: )

Thanks for the tip, I'll never park beside you!! ;) :D

Spock
04-19-04, 04:02 AM
Aside from having a long car and it protruding profusely, my worse experience was when I was small.

A couple who had parked beside my moms new aerostar had, parked very close, not even bothering to fix their poor park job. The driver opens the door and SLAM, you can hear it in our car. I open the door, and there is low and behold a white line from their door. My mom said "Excuse me, could you be more careful?"
They feeling "offended", starting shouting at my mom not caring at all. They dodge was a piece of crap and they didn't care if it hit anyone. They tried to turn the conversation around and make it seem as if my mom was in error for pointing it out. Sadly I was really small and didn't say anything, but if my dad was there, or me now, I'd get them to pay for the damages. Buggers.

When it comes to parking, almost like anything else a lesson can be learned. If you have something, treat it properly and respect property, your own and others. Problem with people these days is that they don't understand the value of anything, nor respect anyone elses property. When it comes to cars, people are jealous, and will damage lovely cars. That person worked hard, bought their car, and probably spent the good part of the day waxing it!

I tell you people these days.

Msilva954
04-19-04, 07:38 AM
With the caddy and the BMW I always park at the end, and I cant stand when there is a car next to mine. I always park next to the median too, that way no one hits you on the other side. This summer when I really start driving Im going to keep a miniture baseball bat I have in the front seat pockets.......for them haters who like to ding up our rides. :rant2: :devil:

Pimpin_Whity
04-19-04, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll never park beside you!! ;) :Di dont do anyting to people who park nicely and dont park so close to me that even they cant open the door on their POS (the door on the eldo is fairly big and hard to open in tight spaces), and he parked like that when half of the lot was empty. :want:

Sandy
04-19-04, 08:04 AM
I have not gotten a door ding in 22 years. I have learned how & where to park.

1) as far away as possible from the door.
2) next to an "island" on one side - if there's one there.
3) On a slopled terrain, at the highest point.
4) if it's a "bad lot" ~ shop elsewhere.
5) Somtimes you are safer on the street, than in thier lot. There's a McDonalds near me with a small and always packed lot. It's on a main (center of town) street. When I do go there, I park on the street, looking for a "front" of the line spot, (Like no parking from here to corner, I try for the last spot BEFORE that sign) then you can pull all the way forward, giving the car in back alot of room!!
6) Some lots require that you go elsewhere. 2 miles from me is a big shopping center. Among many stores there is a Staples that I like. Also there is a super huge supermarket and the parking lot is littered with shopping carts (the all steel ones) and the entire lot is downhill ! There is not one "safe place" no matter how far away you go! I avoid that place at all costs by driving to the next Staples, 3 miles further away.
7) I also have a car cover. If it's not raining (or about to) I'll cover the car. If you know the right way to cover/uncover it takes less than 120 seconds to do it. Small price to pay to avoid a door ding.
8) My friend with a 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette has a car cover onto which he had printed on each side in 8" high & 4" wide letters:
RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL INSIDE. He parks far away, and nobody parks near him. I mean....
NOBODY parks near him!!
9) You can get caught on film damaging someone else's car. There IS a proper way to do it. Here's how:
Carry in your trunk a hammer. Back out of your space, as though you are leaving, parking your car across the back of the victim. Then stop, exit your car & pop your trunk, Remove your hammer, holding it down low, shielded by your body. Procede to smash both taillights of the offending car (make sure nobody is around. Red lens don't make much noise. Replace hammer - close trunk and leave. Your car parked across the back of the victim will shield your activity from watchfull film. To be 100% sure, open & close one of your doors, to make it look like that is why you stopped & got out! Do the taillight busting super fast & quick. A small hole does as much damage as an explosion hole, still will not pass state inspection!! Hitting with the "claw" end of the hammer makes LESS noise! Be sure to do both to get the message across!!! Entire process should take no more than 1 minute from your exiting your car, to pulling away!

Experiment_626
04-19-04, 08:33 AM
Parking in a remote area of the parking lot to avoid other cars - Good

Parking on end spots so as to allow you to purposely bias your car a good distance away from the only adjacent car - Good

Parking diagonal across two perfectly good, prime location parking spots - Bad :tisk:

People seem to have a hard enough time orienting their cars properly between the lines without others setting the rude and obnoxious example of ignoring the parking lot markings on purpose simply because they don't want to walk the extra minute it takes to be courteous and play by the rules.

El Dobro
04-19-04, 11:13 AM
I've parked away from others many a time to have someone parked next to me (on the driver's side, natch') when I got back. If I find a dent, I remove the valve stem cores of their tires and throw them away.

1toycad
04-19-04, 12:38 PM
You guys seem to be a paranoid lot.

Keep repeating to yourselves: "...it is only a car...it is only a car..."

The only foolproof way to avoid car dings? Leave your car at home, cover it in plastic bubble wrap and never, ever drive it.

But seriously and with all due respect to the author of this thread. I think it is pretentious and obnoxious to assume that you have the right to take two parking spots for your car...even if the parking lot is nearly deserted. That just sends out the wrong message and, frankly, it may just motivate some yahoo to go out of his way to key your car, just for s**t & giggles. Think about that...

It was just plain, dumb luck that the other "guy" was a woman, who didn't want to (or couldn't) carry the confrontation to the next level. If the other person had as much testosterone as Ralph seems to have (yelling, mad-dogging the woman, etc.), there could have been an ugly confrontation and who knows where it may have gone from there. Not worth it, in my opinion.

BTW Ralph, what do you think Natasha would say/do if she found out you are yelling at some poor, Buick-driving woman in a parking lot? She may not like you anymore. :tisk:

It is just a car, people....

lowscola
04-19-04, 01:01 PM
I always park far away from other cars, but when that is not an option I simply avoid parking next to pieces of $hit. Park next to something thats at least as valuable as your own car...

Pimpin_Whity
04-19-04, 01:07 PM
i park perfectly between the lines all the time but hating as****es still manage to mess it up. how would you feel when your beatiful caddy got scrached or bumped by some POS carolla or a 1980's minivan that has metal-oxide styling

Pimpin_Whity
04-19-04, 01:12 PM
I always park far away from other cars, but when that is not an option I simply avoid parking next to pieces of $hit. Park next to something thats at least as valuable as your own car...i'm waiting for my mom on a macy's parking lot. a jaguar is looking for a spot, passes one next to a civic and parks between a new acura and x5 (the lot was full btw). the acura drives off and some red-necks in a old (and i mean old) bronco drive by the space next to the civic and park next to the jag and a 3series and slam the doors into them on purpose. i think a bat is too good for these guys, you need something like a .45 colt or something :blasted:

RBraczyk
04-19-04, 02:48 PM
I carry a bat and an old mans cane in my trunk juuuuust incase.

Playdrv4me
04-19-04, 03:22 PM
I always park far away from other cars, but when that is not an option I simply avoid parking next to pieces of $hit. Park next to something thats at least as valuable as your own car...

This would SEEM like a good alternative, however there are some Mercedes and Jaguar drivin fools out there who have so MUCH money, they also could give a shyt whether they accidentally swing their door to wide... this happens alot with Women that are driving the husbands car too. LOL. Sorry girls not to be sexist or anything but ive seen it happen on one too many occasions. Not only that, but 9 times out of 10 when I see a nice BMW 740iL or Mercedes S500 with dings all over it... guess whose driving it.

growe3
04-19-04, 03:50 PM
Parking in a remote area of the parking lot to avoid other cars - Good

Parking on end spots so as to allow you to purposely bias your car a good distance away from the only adjacent car - Good

Parking diagonal across two perfectly good, prime location parking spots - Bad :tisk:

People seem to have a hard enough time orienting their cars properly between the lines without others setting the rude and obnoxious example of ignoring the parking lot markings on purpose simply because they don't want to walk the extra minute it takes to be courteous and play by the rules.
Well said.

I will try to park a little away from an obviously busy parking area, i.e. close to the main entrances, and walk a little. Hogging parking spots is just plain irritating to most people, me included.

As for purposely damaging my car, screaming at me or my wife, big mistake.

If you know certain areas are prone to "bad" parkers, ridge runners or other problems, go somewhere else to shop hwere you feel you can park in relative safety.

Try growing up and learing how to park. I often here how proud Cadillac owners are of their cars, great you can also try showing some good manners and maybe get a smile instead of someone's angry looks.

-George

Msilva954
04-19-04, 05:55 PM
We went to a high end mall once, and when we got back there was a ding the size of a grapefruit on the car.....mother got sick to her stomach....$250 deductible later and you cant even tell its there.

Sandy
04-19-04, 06:07 PM
I never take 2 spots!!!!! I never siad that!!!!! I just park out in Greenland and walk. Do not food shop on a Sat or Sunday. There are No far away spots on those days!!

c5 rv
04-19-04, 08:44 PM
I park far away, inside the lines of 1 space, and hope for the best. Once, I took my wife shopping and forgot her handicap parking hanger. I parked far away, angled across two spaces so I'd have room for her wheelchair if the lot filled up. When we returned, there were a few cars around, a bunch of carts pushed up against my truck, and a nasty note on the windshield. Now, if we don't have her permit or the spaces are full, I look to park with a parking lot island on the right - and just enough room to get her chair in between.

caddyshack24
04-20-04, 12:23 AM
Since we're venting here.. i need to say this
Spent all day today washing, waxing and detailing my car.. inside and out.
Finishing up on the front passenger side door, i hear a *bink*
Some p.unk ass threw a golf ball in my general direction --
about 3 feet from my vehicle. I could kill a man

No respect what-so-ever !!

..Lady opened her SUV door and banged up my door
what did i do?
hell yeah.. opened mine
seemed like an even trade at the time

FastCTS
04-20-04, 01:09 AM
Could be a "Body Repair Shop Owner" going all over putting dents in cars, for the repair job. Can't we all get along. I always carry a gun on me, it doesn't help stop the dents. :helpless:

Ralph
04-20-04, 01:54 AM
I have not gotten a door ding in 22 years. I have learned how & where to park.

1) as far away as possible from the door.
2) next to an "island" on one side - if there's one there.
3) On a slopled terrain, at the highest point.
4) if it's a "bad lot" ~ shop elsewhere.
5) Somtimes you are safer on the street, than in thier lot. There's a McDonalds near me with a small and always packed lot. It's on a main (center of town) street. When I do go there, I park on the street, looking for a "front" of the line spot, (Like no parking from here to corner, I try for the last spot BEFORE that sign) then you can pull all the way forward, giving the car in back alot of room!!
6) Some lots require that you go elsewhere. 2 miles from me is a big shopping center. Among many stores there is a Staples that I like. Also there is a super huge supermarket and the parking lot is littered with shopping carts (the all steel ones) and the entire lot is downhill ! There is not one "safe place" no matter how far away you go! I avoid that place at all costs by driving to the next Staples, 3 miles further away.
7) I also have a car cover. If it's not raining (or about to) I'll cover the car. If you know the right way to cover/uncover it takes less than 120 seconds to do it. Small price to pay to avoid a door ding.
8) My friend with a 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette has a car cover onto which he had printed on each side in 8" high & 4" wide letters:
RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL INSIDE. He parks far away, and nobody parks near him. I mean....
NOBODY parks near him!!
9) You can get caught on film damaging someone else's car. There IS a proper way to do it. Here's how:
Carry in your trunk a hammer. Back out of your space, as though you are leaving, parking your car across the back of the victim. Then stop, exit your car & pop your trunk, Remove your hammer, holding it down low, shielded by your body. Procede to smash both taillights of the offending car (make sure nobody is around. Red lens don't make much noise. Replace hammer - close trunk and leave. Your car parked across the back of the victim will shield your activity from watchfull film. To be 100% sure, open & close one of your doors, to make it look like that is why you stopped & got out! Do the taillight busting super fast & quick. A small hole does as much damage as an explosion hole, still will not pass state inspection!! Hitting with the "claw" end of the hammer makes LESS noise! Be sure to do both to get the message across!!! Entire process should take no more than 1 minute from your exiting your car, to pulling away!

Sandy!!!! You're teaching me a step by step on how to be a Vigilante!! LOL! Will a tire iron work?! With my luck, I would get caught. That's usually how it goes, right? I mean, the dumbasses who don't respect other's property will always get away with it.

You are so much like my Dad. He NEVER worried about who he parked near, and never got a single dent when he owned my Caddy! The difference is of course, you and I go out of our way to try to prevent damage by parking "strategically."

Ralph
04-20-04, 02:10 AM
You guys seem to be a paranoid lot.

Keep repeating to yourselves: "...it is only a car...it is only a car..."

The only foolproof way to avoid car dings? Leave your car at home, cover it in plastic bubble wrap and never, ever drive it.

But seriously and with all due respect to the author of this thread. I think it is pretentious and obnoxious to assume that you have the right to take two parking spots for your car...even if the parking lot is nearly deserted. That just sends out the wrong message and, frankly, it may just motivate some yahoo to go out of his way to key your car, just for s**t & giggles. Think about that...

It was just plain, dumb luck that the other "guy" was a woman, who didn't want to (or couldn't) carry the confrontation to the next level. If the other person had as much testosterone as Ralph seems to have (yelling, mad-dogging the woman, etc.), there could have been an ugly confrontation and who knows where it may have gone from there. Not worth it, in my opinion.

BTW Ralph, what do you think Natasha would say/do if she found out you are yelling at some poor, Buick-driving woman in a parking lot? She may not like you anymore. :tisk:

It is just a car, people....

LOL! Well, Natty is a lot younger, so I'm sure she could have "taken her!" :devil:

I hear what you're saying Dude, but the problem is I love my car too much to just say "It's just a car" and forget about it. I guess I should clarify that I have not yet got a dent on this Caddy YET, but I have with my other "babied" cars, so I empathize will everyone here who have also gone through that frustration.

You are probably right to assume that if I continue to park "at an angle" taking up two spaces, that it will attract too much attenton from some yahoo, and something might happen. However, while someone may go out of their way to "vandalize" my car (what you mention), that is NOT why I park at an angle. I park at an angle to avoid the "door dingers." I don't want the value of my car to decrease, especially since my Dad has taken such care of it, and not winter drive it, garage kept for 13 years, etc, etc. My point is that I no one should have to deal with this shyte, but I also accept that it happens. I don't want to have to go through my insurance just for some needless, stupid door dents. I have insurance for vandalism, and accidents, not someone being an assho**.

As for confrontation, well I'm not too worried about that. I have training in the equivalent of your "Special Forces" with the Royal Regiment, and can more than handle myself, despite only being 175 pounds in weight. ;)

1toycad
04-20-04, 02:34 PM
Ralph writes:

As for confrontation, well I'm not too worried about that. I have training in the equivalent of your "Special Forces" with the Royal Regiment, and can more than handle myself, despite only being 175 pounds in weight. ;)

I thought all you Canadians were peaceful, love-all, types. What happened to you, eh? :rolleyes:

It is all good.

I know you love your car. Like you, I acquired my 1999 SLS from my Dad. He too babied the car, in fact it had under 10K when I bought it this year. It was ding-free when I got it. Now there is a small, but highly visible, ding on the rear left door. The car is black and the ding seems to show up more.

To paraphrase a song: The first ding is the deepest....

Ralph
04-20-04, 03:25 PM
LOL, not two sure about dat, eh? When the dingin' starts, the lovin' stops. :want:

Caddy Man
04-20-04, 09:18 PM
if you want to avoid door dings im not mad at that, you can park wherever you want farther away...but I HATE the people who take 2 spots!!!!!!!

ShadowLvr400
04-20-04, 09:59 PM
Worst I saw, was I happened to be pulling into a spot while some punk was actually keying someone else's car. In the Olds at the time, I came charging up to him in the car, came to a screeching halt by him, he turned in shock to find me slamming the driver's door open right into his face. I pinned him to the ground until the owner of the car came out. We called a cop over, and they eventually pulled the security tapes from the store's parking lot cams. Little punk got busted, the cop gave me a warning about vigilante justice, since I did take the kid down with my car door, but since he wasn't actually hurt, I got off. Keying a car pisses me off. Especially a nice Lincoln.

Sandy
04-20-04, 11:27 PM
You were nice, Shadowluvr. I woulda keyed his cock!

tru504187211
04-20-04, 11:50 PM
You were nice, Shadowluvr. I woulda keyed his cock!

I'm sure his cellmate, Bubba, did that once he got to the holding cell.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-21-04, 12:24 AM
yah ive never taken 2 spots , thats just plain disrepectful , but when someone nails my car intentionally im gonna get pissed and im gonna do some bad things but if the wind caught there door or something that was a accident i dont mind , things happen and there aint no use yelling at someone over something they couldnt help , i should have made this clear in my first post in this thread

anymore i dont care if they have a gun , most dont have the balls to use one let alone keep a round in the camber ..the only reason i think about a conceal carry is due to the ammount of weapons people carry anymore , never know when you might encounter the one that has the balls to use it thats just looking for a fight

Ralph
04-21-04, 03:44 AM
if you want to avoid door dings im not mad at that, you can park wherever you want farther away...but I HATE the people who take 2 spots!!!!!!!

Obvioulsy you have never had some old and wrecked car park right beside you! Like I said, if the parking lot is big, and few cars there I will park sideways across two spaces.(away from the main doors to the store) What I don't like (and what ruins it for guys like me and you with NICE cars) is when some guy parks his POS across two spaces, and it's all rusted and wrecked to begin with!! That logic I cannot comprehend, but my car, YA, I care enough to take every precaution I deem fit. Like Sandy said, I look for spots near a divider, or end of row spots first. I don't need the stress of having to find a dent, etc. Occasionally parking like I do may actually help AVOID confrontation. Just like people need a certain amount of "personal space" I also like to know the car parked beside me is a "safe" distance from my doors(when I am inside shopping) because chances are they don't care about my car like I do! Few cars, park across two spaces, who cares. If it avoids trouble I'm all for it. I will not take up two spots if there are few spaces, that's rude, and I know where to draw the line.

I say that if you care about your car, you do not care about how stupid or selfish or rude it looks to park it across two spaces when there are NOT many cars there to begin with! Until they make a law against it, my baby comes first. I would be more upset with people who park in a handicap spot, than what I do occasionally!

Ralph
04-21-04, 03:49 AM
Worst I saw, was I happened to be pulling into a spot while some love god was actually keying someone else's car. In the Olds at the time, I came charging up to him in the car, came to a screeching halt by him, he turned in shock to find me slamming the driver's door open right into his face. I pinned him to the ground until the owner of the car came out. We called a cop over, and they eventually pulled the security tapes from the store's parking lot cams. Little love god got busted, the cop gave me a warning about vigilante justice, since I did take the kid down with my car door, but since he wasn't actually hurt, I got off. Keying a car pisses me off. Especially a nice Lincoln.

Too bad there are not more people out there like yourself! That took courage, and I'm sure the owner of the car was appreciative. I would have given you a reward if it had been my car!

sidenote: My doctor friend has a new Jag S-Type. When I asked him "why do you park so close to other cars, even old ones?" He replied, "That is what insurance is for." :hmm: :helpless:

Pimpin_Whity
04-21-04, 03:37 PM
sidenote: My doctor friend has a new Jag S-Type. When I asked him "why do you park so close to other cars, even old ones?" He replied, "That is what insurance is for." :hmm: :helpless:I don't want to diss your friend but a real man should love his car :wacky:

Ralph
04-21-04, 05:59 PM
I don't want to diss your friend but a real man should love his car :wacky:

You don't have to worry about dissing my friend because I already did that. :p Who in the world (unless they didn't care about their car) would care less if they parked next to a junker, and not feel "concerned" in any way?! To me that is a defeatist attitude implying, "whatever happens happens." I'm the opposite, I take some precautions to help protect my paint, just like being extra careful while walking at night, etc.

He has alot of money, so he doesn't care if he has to buy a new car every year. Good for the economy I guess. :rolleyes2

p.s. is that your car in your avatar!? VERY COOL! A car worth parking AWAY from ALL others. ;)

Pimpin_Whity
04-21-04, 06:19 PM
He has alot of money, so he doesn't care if he has to buy a new car every year. Good for the economy I guess. :rolleyes2

p.s. is that your car in your avatar!? VERY COOL! A car worth parking AWAY from ALL others. ;)it's not about the money, i wouldn't want to drive a scrached up car or get any car scrached up regardless of how much mony i would have. i wouldn't change my cars so often, i like to keep my babies for a long time and get to know them better :rolleyes: .

as for the avatar, i wish that was my car but even if i was very rich or won the lottery i wouldn't be able to get it, because it's just my dream. probably didn't get what i'm talking about so check out my this thread eldorado: a pimpin chop (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11136) . just scroll down all the way after u look at the fist pics, i have some rear views too.

btw, it's not that my car doesn't look good but this is made from a RWD STS platform so it'll have great handling

shaggygrosser
04-21-04, 06:34 PM
sidenote: My doctor friend has a new Jag S-Type. When I asked him "why do you park so close to other cars, even old ones?" He replied, "That is what insurance is for." :hmm: :helpless:

Unless your friend has a super-low deductable, insurance won't matter one bit.

When I was a victim of a hit-and-run last June, the damage to my trunk was $354... my deductable was $500. I had to take a bath on the whole situation. :banghead:

Ralph
04-21-04, 06:37 PM
it's not about the money, i wouldn't want to drive a scrached up car or get any car scrached up regardless of how much mony i would have. i wouldn't change my cars so often, i like to keep my babies for a long time and get to know them better :rolleyes: .

as for the avatar, i wish that was my car but even if i was very rich or won the lottery i wouldn't be able to get it, because it's just my dream. probably didn't get what i'm talking about so check out my this thread eldorado: a pimpin chop (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11136) . just scroll down all the way after u look at the fist pics, i have some rear views too.

btw, it's not that my car doesn't look good but this is made from a RWD STS platform so it'll have great handling

ooh, I thought it might be your custom job or something. ;) I didn't care too much for the green one, but I think you made the right color choice for your avatar. The gold was cool too! Think of what we could do with unlimited money. I would have special air bags designed to inflate outside my doors if a car got too close. :D

Ralph
04-21-04, 06:50 PM
Unless your friend has a super-low deductable, insurance won't matter one bit.

When I was a victim of a hit-and-run last June, the damage to my trunk was $354... my deductable was $500. I had to take a bath on the whole situation. :banghead:

That's a good point Shag. He has the same 200 dollar deductable that I have and we each pay 133 dollars per year for it. He doesn't lease, but he is making payments on it, so he will be keeping it for a while.

Too bad about your truck!!

Pimpin_Whity
04-21-04, 08:00 PM
Think of what we could do with unlimited money. I would have special air bags designed to inflate outside my doors if a car got too close. :Dairbags :hmm: ; machine-gun-turrets :brutal:

Ralph
04-21-04, 08:11 PM
machine-gun-turrets :brutal:

Only in America! :crying: :rant2: :crying:

Pimpin_Whity
04-21-04, 09:50 PM
what's wrong with machine-gun-turrets :hmm: , i find them to be very cool :lildevil:

Pimpin_Whity
04-21-04, 09:53 PM
oh, i forgot u canadian :halo: :shhh: (why is he pink :annoyed: [and this one is peach :helpless: ])

Ralph
04-22-04, 01:08 AM
what's wrong with machine-gun-turrets :hmm: , i find them to be very cool :lildevil:

You don't know me very well do you? There is no one more pro-gun than me, and I meant that you could probably do something like that in the U.S.A. ;) If I ever "said outloud" that I was going to put cool machine gun turrets on my car, (where i live) I would be jailed faster than Wes's Q could hit 60! :D

Deep Sleep
04-22-04, 01:35 AM
My daily driver/work van is a ford E-150 long wheel base. If I see someone who has taken 2 parking spots for there own car (unless they parked out in the back 40) I'll pull my van in right next to there car. I'm talking inches here, Then I just go out the back doors :D . More than once I have come back out to my van with some pissed off person mouthing off. It's like "hey, I'm in my own spot. A** H**e. :want: " I myself drive 2 differnt nice caddys. I only take one parking spot to park those, Why give someone a reason to key my car?

FastCTS
04-22-04, 08:36 AM
Until they make a law against it, my baby comes first.

The city I work for already has a law against it. You can receive a citation if you take more than one parking space or back into a space in all city owned parking lots. :tisk:

ttown
04-22-04, 09:19 AM
I have found it to be very soothing to write on the door nearest your vehicle "Next time, don't park so close!!!" with a pre-selected key.

Sometimes I include a nice adjective.

:banghead: :devil: :lildevil:

Pimpin_Whity
04-22-04, 03:13 PM
I have found it to be very soothing to write on the door nearest your vehicle "Next time, don't park so close!!!" with a pre-selected key.

Sometimes I include a nice adjective.

:banghead: :devil: :lildevil:
good idea :worship:

inmycadillac
04-22-04, 04:50 PM
Ralph, I spose I'll reply to your post now!! I feel your pain. I can't understand why people are so careless either. Manners. That's what it boils down to.

I have and expensive stereo system in my cadillac. And have had previous vehicles broken into. Sometimes at night when I get a funny feeling about parking in the street, I tape up a sign to my driver side window that reads "I CAN SEE YOU!" Kinda silly, but hey, if it deters em what the heck, eh. I threw in the eh on purpose for you and Spock. :lildevil:

I suggest parking farther away form the other vehicle, but isn't that what u did?? People who take up 2 spots or park ridiculously sideways just invite anger and outraged people to intentionally damage their car. That's why I suggest parking a little further away.

Pimpin_Whity
04-22-04, 06:00 PM
i remember this time when i was at the roosavelt field mall, the lot was almost empty (it's one of the biggest ones i've seen) and there was a ferrari 360 spyder parked at the very end next to the exit and everyone was alsmost crashing into each other looking at it :bonkers:

ShadowLvr400
04-22-04, 06:21 PM
Too bad there are not more people out there like yourself! That took courage, and I'm sure the owner of the car was appreciative. I would have given you a reward if it had been my car!

Courage? All I did was take him down... Not like he was big or anything. Plus, slamming the car door into him, took him down. Then I just parked my fat keister on him. 200+lbs is hard to lift when your arms are pinned behind your back.

CoupeDevilleRob
04-22-04, 08:49 PM
My dad had the worst parking lot experience back when my car was still his. It was about a month after he had totally redone and we were at a Roy Rogers in Queens. We come out and the passenger's door is totally caved in. If he had caught the guy who did it someone would have died (and being that my dad is a correction officer who never leaves home without his gun guess who'd be the loser in that fight). Miraculously, there was no paint damage so he had the auto body guys at work pop it out the best they could. The nerve of some people.

Night Wolf
04-22-04, 10:51 PM
Well, this is the MAIN reason why I want to keep my Oldsmobile on the road the whole year..... man with that car, I would search for parking spots based on how close they were to the store etc..... you just gotta love a great car with a solid engine and drivetrain, great condition interrior, but the outside has that great 80's GM faded paint and various dents.... with that car, dents add charactor, infact I added my own mega-dent (check out my car domain site for more info)

Bascially, with that car, I could care less if I got a door ding.... BUT if I witnessed it, oh I would definitly get sweet revenge somehow...

...the Caddy OTOH....well, when I got the car there were a few very slight dings right behind the passenger door.... and actually since I got it, nothing else has happened.... but I mostly drive to work/school, other small-town places....

There are these 2 kids at one of the local mini-plaza type things that have a riced out Eclipse and Civic, they must work at one of thr stores, becuase they are always there.... they both take digaonally across FOUR (4) spaces.... even though the parking lot is not full at that end...still, that pisses me off..... and that draws MUCH more attention then just parking in a regular spot.....

With the Cad though, I usually try to find a spot like everyone else mentioned.... at school, I used to park in the middle of the lot, but then it would fill in (although the very end is empty) now I just park next to someone and usually a friend parks next to me.....

I always respect other peoples cars, and make an effort not to hit their car also.... but the thing to remember is..... maybe the person that hit your car did it on an accident.... there is a 98% chance they do not know you, so they have nothing agasint you, just your car happened to be there.... now what if it is an old person or something, and you key their car.... so becuase their door accidently hit your car you did something like that? I know I woudln't like it if somone keyed, or slammed their door into my grandfathers new car becuase he accidently hit theirs or something... that is the thing to remember, same with road rage, people do not have anything agaisnt YOU, it just happens to be that you/your car was in the wrong spot....

...now if *I* saw the person, and witnessed it, and it was someone that knew exactly what they did, not handicap or anything like that, I am gonna raise hell..... but ruining other peopls cars over something like that is not a cool way to deal with a problem.....

....last year, my father got a door ding.... it was on his new-to-him '99 Grand Prix GTP, he always looks around the car before getting in the car (same as me) as one time it was like 11PM after a movie and some dumbass put a broken piece of a cinder block behind the rear tire that would have blew the tire if we drove out..... but anyway, he checked the car and saw a good size dent on the passenger door, so simple looking at the car next to it, imagining where the door would open, and the color, and the lady next to him hit his car.... he went back in the mall, bought a disposible camera and took pictures of everything, then called a mall security guy over and told him... the guy made a page in the mall asking the owner of the car and plate number to come out, she came out thinking someone broke into her car, the guy asked her to open her door, and sure enough it was the exact spot where the dent was on my fathers car.... so the security guy made her give him the insurance info and all that... and she ended up paying for the dent to be poped and buffed out (it was like $80).....

..... I know there are times when I accidently hit another car... mostly with the DeVille since the dfoors are soo damn big, and it is hard to get out... but I look and make sure nothing happened.... one thing with my car is, the part that hits the other car if the door was to be opened is the corner of the edge of the plastic cladding on the door.... found that out by hitting the concrete pillar at the gas station a few times... good thing is, it just messes up the paint on the corner of the plastic and nothing more (can't really see it) also if the need ever arised to hit someone else' door, the way my door is designed, it would put a really nice dent in, and cause no damage to my car at all.....

... I am very anal about the Cad though.... last week there was a hit and run in town.... I would have chased after the guy (happened on the road) but didn't....I havn't posted pictures and the story about it yet... pretty much it made a small gouge in my front bumper (on the left, plastic part) and bent the chrome trim out on the left of the front bumper, it looks like crap, and needs to be replaced now.... I always make an effort to park nicly, I don't take up more then the normal space, since that attracts ALOT of attention, and like everyone else said, hope for the best.... I am also anal about someone stealing the brand new gold hood ornmanet, or the center caps on the wheels etc... but the fact is, it IS a car, adn cars are put up agasint VERY demanding things, not only the enviorment, but people, and people are stupid, there are alot of kids in my school that brag about damaging other peoples cars.... it is stupid.....

.... best way to avoid it? either don't drive and take the bus, or buy a cheap beater/2nd car that you don't care gets banged up..... my 1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88 fills that job in very nicly... it's gonna be an exta almost $700/yeah though for me to just insure the car ontop of the DeVille.... so I gotta see.... while the Olds is no-where near the status of my DeVille, I love that car in it's own right...it was a $500 car, and sat for 2 years, so it has developed some rust issues, nothing major though, and for the first 2 weeks, things were breaking sue to sitting (front breaks were worn, pads were shot, radiator was rotted, tranny fluid/filter was bad etc..) afgter some work, a tune up, and fixed those things, it gave me no toruble at all... I put 5k miles on that car just over the winter.... it is extremly reliable, never once let me down (except when the CV shaft went out at 5:45AM before work.... due to the crappy towing job the night before) and performance from the 3800 V6 was very good, while still getting 20mpg around town driving with a heavy foot and bad fuel filter.... I just hate to see that car sit, and like I said, the engine is great, it will run forever, tranny is fine (now that we serviced it) the interrior is in great shape too, the car "only" has 121k miles on it.... not too bad for the year, and.....$500 (got a brand new battery with it too) it is turly a great car, and like I said, the best part is, I just don't have to care about the body.... need to ick something up at home depot? I'll load stuff into the Olds, I don't mind putting dirty things in the trunk or transporting 3 or 4 friends around, or giving them a ride home after school, which I do NOT do int he DeVille etc.... it does cost more money, but it is defintly a good thing to have a cheap, but good 2nd car....

Ralph
04-23-04, 02:06 AM
Ralph, I spose I'll reply to your post now!! I feel your pain. I can't understand why people are so careless either. Manners. That's what it boils down to.

I have and expensive stereo system in my cadillac. And have had previous vehicles broken into. Sometimes at night when I get a funny feeling about parking in the street, I tape up a sign to my driver side window that reads "I CAN SEE YOU!" Kinda silly, but hey, if it deters em what the heck, eh. I threw in the eh on purpose for you and Spock. :lildevil:

I suggest parking farther away form the other vehicle, but isn't that what u did?? People who take up 2 spots or park ridiculously sideways just invite anger and outraged people to intentionally damage their car. That's why I suggest parking a little further away.

Ya know, I think the best security system for ANY car is a DOG! Maybe I should get one eh? (a big-ass dog) If I go shopping, and I'm worried about my stereo system, just take your dog along, leave the window down a bit and go shopping. Do any of you guys think like this, or do it? Besides, pets seem to love a drive. :D

Ralph
04-23-04, 02:10 AM
Courage? All I did was take him down... Not like he was big or anything. Plus, slamming the car door into him, took him down. Then I just parked my fat keister on him. 200+lbs is hard to lift when your arms are pinned behind your back.

LOL! True, but he could have had friends nearby, or even a weapon of some sort, etc. You never know? Did you meet the owner of the car, and did they at LEAST thank you?!

Not too many people like to get involved with things like this, so my "courage" comment stands.

Ralph
04-23-04, 02:30 AM
Until they make a law against it, my baby comes first.

The city I work for already has a law against it. You can receive a citation if you take more than one parking space or back into a space in all city owned parking lots. :tisk:

Welcome aboard BTW, if I haven't said it to you before. Now down to business.

What the hell is the difference if you "back" into a space, or drive nose in first!!?? That's illogical, and ridiculous! I can see a law for taking up two spaces, but not that. Just another way for a city to make revenue IMO. I never thought I would say this (esp. living where I do) but I'm glad I live in a city where they don't mind owners of "nicer" cars parking at an angle across two! At least I have some freedom to take some precautions if I see fit, and am not inconveincing anyone else in the parking lot. (I'd love to know what State or Province you reside in)

I am not concerned about vandalism, because that will happen whether I park at an angle, away from others, or not. Heck, I may as well not even wax my car then because it may look too good and makes it a "target" by that logic?! I park away from others (not always at an angle) to avoid door dings. Maybe it's where I live or something, but sometimes there seems to be several other owners of "nicer" vehicles that park away/angle from others in the same area of any parking lot. I will continue to park with them (or alone) because they probably feel as I do and are concerned for their vehicles and actually do something about it.

p.s. I went to Walmart today to buy the "Kill Bill" vol. 1 soundtrack (good btw) ;) and I parked about half a "click" from the doors, and AWAY from EVERYONE else. Yes, I also parked at an angle, and damn proud of it. :tisk:

Ralph
04-23-04, 02:35 AM
Rick, your comment is too long, :D so I'll just mention YES, we do have a beater vehicle (the old Pontiac) but dang it, this is summer weather we are having, and I want to drive the Caddy. :D |If people would just respect other's property, then I wouldn't ever be concerned about it. :helpless:

Ralph
04-23-04, 02:39 AM
i remember this time when i was at the roosavelt field mall, the lot was almost empty (it's one of the biggest ones i've seen) and there was a ferrari 360 spyder parked at the very end next to the exit and everyone was alsmost crashing into each other looking at it :bonkers:

Up here, we get excited like that simply over the new Dodge trucks! LOL!! :rolleyes2

brougham
04-23-04, 01:14 PM
I am not concerned about vandalism, because that will happen whether I park at an angle, away from others, or not. Heck, I may as well not even wax my car then because it may look too good and makes it a "target" by that logic?! I park away from others (not always at an angle) to avoid door dings. Maybe it's where I live or something, but sometimes there seems to be several other owners of "nicer" vehicles that park away/angle from others in the same area of any parking lot. I will continue to park with them (or alone) because they probably feel as I do and are concerned for their vehicles and actually do something about it.

p.s. I went to Walmart today to buy the "Kill Bill" vol. 1 soundtrack (good btw) ;) and I parked about half a "click" from the doors, and AWAY from EVERYONE else. Yes, I also parked at an angle, and damn proud of it. :tisk:

What inmycadillac meant is that when a car is taking up 2 spots the only thing it does is makes the owner of it look arrogant and gives people a reason to vandalize it. It's probably also more likely that someone will decide to put their empty grocery cart in the free space around these cars too. If people are that worried about getting door dings on a good car when they're going to be going somewhere they shouldn't be taking their good car. :bonkers:

Ralph
04-23-04, 05:19 PM
What inmycadillac meant is that when a car is taking up 2 spots the only thing it does is makes the owner of it look arrogant and gives people a reason to vandalize it. It's probably also more likely that someone will decide to put their empty grocery cart in the free space around these cars too. If people are that worried about getting door dings on a good car when they're going to be going somewhere they shouldn't be taking their good car. :bonkers:

Understood! But remember, this is Saskatchewan, there are no "good" places to take my car. ;) However, I'll take advice from someone who also drives a PINK car. :p

inmycadillac
04-23-04, 05:22 PM
Ya know, I think the best security system for ANY car is a DOG! Maybe I should get one eh? (a big-ass dog) If I go shopping, and I'm worried about my stereo system, just take your dog along, leave the window down a bit and go shopping. Do any of you guys think like this, or do it? Besides, pets seem to love a drive. :D
I need a dog!!:D

Pimpin_Whity
04-23-04, 07:24 PM
Up here, we get excited like that simply over the new Dodge trucks! LOL!! :rolleyes2i feel sorry for u :suspect:

Ralph
04-24-04, 02:52 AM
i feel sorry for u :suspect:

LOL. Don't worry, it's not like we're restricted to driving camels or anything like that. ;)

Thanks for all the interesting responses everyone.

In conclusion, I would just like to say that I think any car that is "nice" or well cared for runs a high risk of being vandalized, regardless of how or where it is parked. We all should be able to take a few "steps" to prevent damage, as long as we are not breaking any laws or inconviencing anyone else.

STS 310
04-27-04, 02:26 PM
One night when i had my 81 Eldo i pulled up to the 7-11 to get some wholesome nutrional snacks. I opened my door and accidently hit the 4x4 next to me. As i looked up to apologize, the women gave a look from hell and i could make out the words ***hole coming from her pie hole. As i got out to tell her boyfriend or what ever i was sorry and to tell him what a bi*** she was, he came around to inspect his door i was just about to lay into him. However the insignia on his navy uniform was all to familiar. A trident held by an Eagle. i go 6'2 325 this guy was 6'4 at least and a fit 240 to say the least. Having known a couple of people in the Seals, i know that they can be difficult if not down rite hard to finnish off. Not one to back down from anyone, I figured a plain ole sorry would do just fine with out the insult to his girlfriend. Ya never know!

Ralph
04-27-04, 06:14 PM
Having known a couple of people in the Seals, i know that they can be difficult if not down rite hard to finnish off.

LOL! I think by that point I would have been crying, and saying "I'm EXTREMELY SORRY SIR!!" :D

MakinMoney247
05-12-04, 08:57 AM
Whenever I go to a big public shopping center like a mall or grocery store, I always try to drive in thru the back entrance(if there is one) and park on the side of the store away from cars and public view or in front of the store way off to the side and away from anyone. I drive a 03 Black Escalade on 24's and it's always waxed up and shining, so I stick out like a sore thumb if I drive around the parking lot for minutes. I try to dip in quick and get it parked safely before everyone starts eyeing it and trying to see who's in it. The less it gets noticed before you go inside, the better chance you have at it being 100% when you come back outside. Haters are everywhere.

RBraczyk
05-12-04, 11:31 AM
I saw one of those when i was making a corner near my house and i slowed down so much i almost got rear ended, but it was worth it. Sweet car.