: Getting ready for a trip

devilock76
08-29-07, 10:36 AM
In the Brougham. Heading to NJ from NC, about a 1000+ mile round trip. Anything I might want to double check other than the usual fluids, etc before a trip. I tend to keep a well stocked travel tool box and extra fuses with as well for such a trip. Anyway just looking for some experienced insight if anyone has any.

Ken

BRICKS
08-29-07, 02:53 PM
i remember riding from norfolk to the boston mass area. too long of a ride. luckily i didnt have to drive. id make sure to check tire pressure, any radiator leaks, oil leaks, power steering. other than that you should be ok as long as u check the car out along the way. enjoy the trip and have a safe trip.

Cadillac Giovanni
08-29-07, 08:52 PM
I would check stuff, but not to go overboard. I've driven my car for miles and miles, without problems, and when a problem does come up, it's not something that would disrupt a trip, or it's something that I would have ever caught doing pre-trip maintenance.

This may just be my wild side talking, but check the fluids and RIDE!

NJ 90 Brougham
09-01-07, 05:35 AM
Hi,

I am doing about a similar trip end of Sep. I will drive my new 90 Brm from Missouri to NJ, but will make it a road trip, up the Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive. We will take 7 to 10 days. Any real good Caddy tech people aliong this way in case something DOES happen?

Axel