: Hyundai: Tau V8 will produce 380 HP in Genesis

Lord Cadillac
08-29-07, 07:45 AM
What more needs to be said? Cadillac has been known for it's powerful engines for... How long? And in only a few years, Hyundai flies by...

The new "Ultra" Northstar had better be good. Unfortunately, by the time it's available, HYUNDAI will probably have a more refined, powerful engine available. Just like how GM chases Honda and Toyota. Always modeling their "next best machine" after what's already available...

Read story... (http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/28/hyundai-tau-v8-will-produce-380-hp-in-genesis/)

MediumD
08-29-07, 08:45 AM
Great, they've got the engine to compete with Cadillac. Now they have to build a separate luxury brand, and finally build a car to compete with Cadillac...

Lord Cadillac
08-29-07, 10:09 AM
The Genesis will compete.

Blackout
08-29-07, 11:39 AM
I'm wondering if this is not part of the Phoenix Program line of Engines for Chrysler since there is a global corporation between Chrysler, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai

AznPrydeRegalRyde
09-01-07, 11:42 AM
Great, they've got the engine to compete with Cadillac. Now they have to build a separate luxury brand, and finally build a car to compete with Cadillac...The genesis will definitely compete. If the CTS gets into 5-series-E-class category, not because of cost, but because of size and luxuries offered, then this Genesis will get in, too. Hyundai's are absolute shit, tho. But if youre in that price range, and you don't mind constant trips to the delear covered under warranty, then this is certainly a car to look at. Very well spec'd.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
09-01-07, 11:42 AM
I'm wondering if this is not part of the Phoenix Program line of Engines for Chrysler since there is a global corporation between Chrysler, Mitsubishi, and HyundaiThey share a dohc 2.4L too, from the same line, don't they?

Blackout
09-01-07, 12:06 PM
The genesis will definitely compete. If the CTS gets into 5-series-E-class category, not because of cost, but because of size and luxuries offered, then this Genesis will get in, too. Hyundai's are absolute shit, tho. But if youre in that price range, and you don't mind constant trips to the delear covered under warranty, then this is certainly a car to look at. Very well spec'd.I don't know where your getting your info from about Hyundai's being crap. They're very good cars and my sisters 2002 Hyundai Sonata has only been to the dealership once and that was because the gas door button didn't work so you would have to pop it open in the trunk and she has over 50,000 miles on her car

AznPrydeRegalRyde
09-01-07, 12:26 PM
I don't know where your getting your info from about Hyundai's being crap. They're very good cars and my sisters 2002 Hyundai Sonata has only been to the dealership once and that was because the gas door button didn't work so you would have to pop it open in the trunk and she has over 50,000 miles on her carFrom working at a Hyundai dealership. From having a last gen. Sante Fe as 3 daily drivers over 17000 miles, and from friends reports. They seem to stand up well to proper use, but when people start to drive them hard, they break quickly and easily. The new Sonata is decent though. And the new Sante Fe is a looker and has lots of amenities.

MediumD
09-01-07, 07:51 PM
The Genesis will compete.

Ok, you've convinced me. Now start convincing the rest of the country.

Hyundai is not a luxury brand, and will not be considered one by the car buying public in the foreseeable future.

Blackout
09-02-07, 11:21 AM
Ok, you've convinced me. Now start convincing the rest of the country.

Hyundai is not a luxury brand, and will not be considered one by the car buying public in the foreseeable future.

Whoa......I'm having deja vu all over again. I think I remember people saying the same thing back in the early 90's with Infiniti and Lexus and now look at where they are at.

Lord Cadillac
09-02-07, 12:11 PM
Whoa......I'm having deja vu all over again. I think I remember people saying the same thing back in the early 90's with Infiniti and Lexus and now look at where they are at.
Yeah. It's senseless to argue.. I can find better ways to waste my time. :p

AMGoff
09-02-07, 03:10 PM
Detroit will certainly lose some more sales to the Koreans... but I think the Japanese are the ones to have to most to worry about.

Blackout
09-03-07, 09:54 PM
Yeah. It's senseless to argue.. I can find better ways to waste my time. :p
For real!:alchi:

05cts-v
09-03-07, 10:24 PM
We looked at Hyundais before buying our 07 Camry SE back in March. The Sonota's we looked at were overpriced, IMO, and I would have taken the Avalon any day for the same price. Not saying that I couldn't eventually be sold on it.

Lord Cadillac
09-04-07, 02:06 PM
I'd take the Avalon over the Azera as well...