: Free mods?

Pinochle
05-08-03, 03:40 PM
Are there any free mods that can be done w/ a Northstar?

I'll be working on a MY00 DTS. :D

gspencer914
05-08-03, 09:13 PM
Yes I have a complete BLINKER FLUID upgrade kit that will make your blinkers brighter than ever, and if you act now I'll throw in a chrome muffler bearing at no additional cost. I'm messing, there are alot of things that you can do to the northstar engine, what are you looking for ie more horsepower, better gas mileage, ect ect.

Pinochle
05-08-03, 10:42 PM
LMAO! Great response!

I'm actually looking for a set of windshield bushings and a new set of high performance transmission belts. :D

But seriously, it's my father's car, so efficiency gains would be ideal. Performance gains in the process would be a bonus. As long as the mods don't detract from any, it'll be good.

I was just wondering if there were any "free mods."

ie... intake resonator removal. etc.

Thanks for the reply. :D

Katshot
05-09-03, 07:26 AM
Free mods? Not really. The car is so well designed that there's really nothing that you can do for free that will make any REAL difference in the car's performance. Of course if you want to talk "cheap" mods, then there's a few I can think of.
Intake and exhaust is the easiest things to mod and they can net some substantial performance gains as well as make the car sound sweet as hell.

kcnewell
05-09-03, 10:42 AM
Don't forget to put in new "Thelmann wires" and a set of " Competition oil pan heaters" Great cheap mods!!:histeric: :excited: :rofl:

Pinochle
05-11-03, 04:01 PM
Cheap mods are good! :D

But keep in mind, it's my father's car, so nothing too aggressive.

Thelmann wires? Oil pan heaters?

Where can I get those??? :D

kcnewell
05-12-03, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Pinochle
Cheap mods are good! :D
Thelmann wires? Oil pan heaters?

Where can I get those??? :D

It's on the same shelf as the blinker fluid!:banghead:

Pinochle
05-12-03, 08:54 AM
LOL!

I should buy everything off of that shelf, eh? LOL!

cobrayankee
05-13-03, 03:26 PM
Hey guys, I've been looking for performance parts, even simple things like cold air induction and cat backs. Can't find a damn thing. Any suggestions???

Bruce Nunnally
05-14-03, 06:53 PM
http://www.rsmracing.com/

Pinochle
05-14-03, 11:03 PM
Thanks! :D