: How to start a local club - Advice and help please

codewize
08-27-07, 09:44 PM
Ok I have a question. For years I've been complaining that there are no real car clubs in my area. There a club with mostly kids with imports and we have a very old and established Corvette club but nothing for the regular (Cadillac) guys.

I'm looking for advice on starting a good solid all around American car club. Who's done this before? Who has pointers, ideas, do's and dont's?

Lets here what you know. I want a damn car club in my area so like everything else in my life I'm gonna make one.

Lord Cadillac
08-27-07, 10:04 PM
Where exactly are you?

codewize
08-27-07, 11:22 PM
Upstate NY, Catskill to be exact.

Lord Cadillac
08-28-07, 09:32 AM
Start a discussion in regards and put a link to it in your signature... Try that...

IceDigger
08-31-07, 10:46 AM
I'm trying to start one in the philly area but only one guy has joined.

I just set up a website and posted the link here. Thats all I have done.

http://www.buxmontcc.com/

codewize
08-31-07, 11:59 AM
I'm trying not to form a website with people that want to meet. I want a real live club where people meet face to face. The club may have a website later but I don't' want it to be the other way. That never works.

Then its just another website trying to be something. I want a solid group of people in a mature club first.

Smoker
09-29-07, 04:58 AM
When Ford had a Mustang club here they'd organize things like a scavenger hunt or some type of rally and the winner got a cheap prize or trophy. The hunt would end in a park with picnic tables and food, at a lodge or restaurant. It was very successful.