: My Cadillac threw a rod at 105000 miles

lev
04-18-04, 05:16 PM
Almost right after I just paid $2000 to rebuild transmission. Why do engines throw rods? Especially after maintenance as meticulous as mine? Can anyone tell.

P.S. I am now a proud owner of Honda Civic. :rolleyes:

lev
07-10-04, 06:37 PM
I am bringing this back as I found out something. Turns out my oil was becoming really dark brown after only 2000 miles, since I just kept on motoring the oil would basically bake inside my engine. The engine was running hot. I flushed my engine and transmission religiously. Does any one know what procedures, other then mentioned above should be followed so this would never happen again?
Thank you everybody for reply.

Jesda
07-17-04, 09:21 AM
Baffling, isnt it? A guy with a showroom-gorgeous 1995(?) Q45 on the NICO forums just threw a rod at 110k. Cant explain it.

Why would your oil heat up so quickly? Oil pump failure? Clogged passages?

caddeville
12-24-05, 01:47 AM
do you not know the fact that you should NEVER do any FLUSHING on your engine or tranny? When you do an engine flush, it removes oil film build ups in all of the bearings, and once that film is removed, a gap is created. Then a gap is also created around the piston rings, then it starts buring oil, etc. I was told by many mechanics not to touch the tranny or the fluid unless gasket developes a serious leak. STAY AWAY FROM MOTOR FLUSHES!!!!!! If you want to clean your engine in side, add a half a litre of tranny fluid and let engine run for 30 minutes idle and then rev it a couple times at a constant 2200rpms.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 11:35 AM
ummm so what kind of Caddy did you have? Maybe I am ignorant, but it doesnt say anywhere in your post :)