: Problems with speakers

Hoppiecat
08-27-07, 01:26 PM
:mad2:I have a 2007 SRX V8 with navagation, 1,900 miles. Yesterday when I cranked the car, 4 speakers didn't work. The speakers in the doors work but the two small speakers on each side, the speaker on the back of the console, and the speaker in the rear of the vehicle are not working. Anyone else had this problem? This is my 2nd SRX. My first one started leaking oil at 200 miles. Had 3 oil leaks, problems with the sunroof, and needed to replace the drive shaft. The dealer finally replaced the vehicle. Hope I'm not in for more problems, because I LOVE my SRX!! Any suggestions on the speakers?

73Thumper
08-27-07, 03:10 PM
I have a 07, like yours. Just to confirm, you checked them with the 4 different radio/audio settings? "surround" "stereo", "front", "back" ???

mike_1103
08-27-07, 09:32 PM
Try the sound system on the "Surround" setting with a Dolby 5.1 DVD Movie.

I have a 2008 SRX with Navigation and Theater Package (comes bundled in Canada), and I was amazed by the audio quality when I tried this myself!

Regards,

Mike.

P.S.: For the records, the movie I watched was "Batman Returns". It was the first one I pulled out of my collection that had Dolby 5.1 Surround tracks in English and French.

73Thumper
08-28-07, 09:33 AM
I would agree Mike. I have a 07 with the full audio package. I have a nice audio system at home, on a recent trip we watched the "Italian Job" - amazong and as good or better than my system at home. Now to get that damn front display working so the front seat passenger can also watch.

"Hoppiecat" - any luck?

Mike - does your 08 have the following features I have heard may be on the 08's? "cooled" seats - and "Adaptive remote start" ?

mike_1103
08-28-07, 11:29 AM
Mike - does your 08 have the following features I have heard may be on the 08's? "cooled" seats - and "Adaptive remote start" ?

73Thumper,

Don't know about "cooled" seats, as I do not have the Seats Package.

The "Adaptive remote start" is a new standard equipment for 2008. By "Adaptive" I think they mean it can also start Air conditioning/heater depending on the temperature setting in the car.

It works with the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter: you lock the doors and then hit the Remote Starter button within 2 seconds. The engine will start for 10 minutes. You can add another 10 minutes by pressing again the button on the RKE.

Will certainly be useful this winter!

Regards,

Mike.

Hoppiecat
09-01-07, 11:55 AM
I checked the surrond sound and speaker settings. No luck. Putting the vehicle in the shop on Tuesday. Will let ya'll know the outcome. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm new to this site so I'm still learning. Thanks again.:)

Hoppiecat
09-07-07, 01:55 PM
Not much luck with my speakers. I need some help. The mechanic said nothing was wrong. My rear speakers are working now but the small bose speakers on the left and right post are not. If you turn the volume down very very low, you can hear just a little sound coming from them but once the volume is turned up, there is no output. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, the other speakers are not as clear as they once were. I haven't changed any settings. Any advise??

73Thumper
09-08-07, 12:10 PM
Have you tried using a movie DVD with 5.1 surround sound - vs just the radio?
On mine music from XM is good, but the sound system while playing a action based DVD - is amazing... Also does you dealer have another SRX you could listen to - to compare?

Hoppiecat
09-12-07, 11:44 AM
I haven't tried the dvd yet but I will do that. My speakers started working then went out again and now are working. It sounds to me like there is a short somewhere. Sometimes when I crank the car they work and sometimes only the 4 door speakers work, then I crank up again and they all work. The mechanics said they didn't have a clue. I asked the dealer to research this instead of just letting them "experiment" with it and getting it back worse than when I put it in.