: Dustless Brake Pads

mnwild33
08-27-07, 11:40 AM
Has anyone put these on. I have an 05 STS with the performance brakes. Any info would be appreciated. I am getting sick and tired of washing my wheels twice a week.

coati
08-27-07, 07:04 PM
I replaced the OEM's with Akebono ceramic pads in front & CarQuest (Raybestos) ceramic pads in rear.
They stop the same w/o all the brake dust of the OEM's.
No noise or squeal.
Very happy with them.:yup:

AllWheelEric
08-27-07, 11:08 PM
Raybestos QS: Amazing improvement in the dust department.

mnwild33
08-28-07, 08:20 AM
Allwheeleric:

Will they work with my performance package?

AllWheelEric
08-28-07, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry I don't know which pads fit which cars. I don't believe my car has the perf brakes because they are not available with AWD. Cadillac has confused me with all the different brake options. It took my mechanic a week and many phone calls to find the pads and rotors. Even then, he received the wrong size parts several times, especially rotors. He never did find aftermarket rear rotors, and got those from Cadillac. But I haven't had to hand-wash the wheels once in almost a year -- it's great.

mnwild33
08-28-07, 09:42 AM
Well I have the same set-up as you, so I should be able to get some pads then.

mnwild33
08-28-07, 09:45 AM
Allwheeleric:

How much did you pay for the pair of front rotors?

malcolm
08-28-07, 11:26 AM
I don't know what pads I have on my 05 but break dust has never been a problem for me. There seems to be some type of finish on the wheels, almost like silicone but the car's been washed a million times and still it seems to just resist break dust.

AllWheelEric
08-28-07, 12:43 PM
I paid way too much. I didn't shop around. The whole job was around $1100 but I don't recall the break-down.

coati
09-01-07, 01:36 PM
Check out the STS-V Series Forum regarding Hawk HPS brake pads.
They sound pretty good.
I may try those next time around.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/116011-hawk-hps-brake-pads.html

porkfarm
09-03-07, 05:12 AM
Anybody order Pads/Rotors for Perf. Pkg online ? I looked at my pads yesterday, They are just about ready to be replaced so I have to get some this week. I like to have a standby set of rotors so I don't have to wait while the others are being resurfaced. I think I might go with stock if I can not find any online, plus I don't want slotted or anything like that.

shaf
09-03-07, 12:49 PM
I put Wagner Thermo Quiet ceramic pads on and the braking is improved with virtually no dust. The pad number is PD1019 for the fronts. I paid about $60 for them and it took me about half an hour to put them in. It is very easy.:)

jhelms
09-06-07, 03:36 PM
I might replace the pads even though the car is new. The 18" chrome / polished wheels stay covered in brake dust after just a couple of days of city driving. Will check out those mentioned in this thread...

porkfarm
09-06-07, 09:09 PM
anybody find a good place online ? I went to PepBoys, Advance A and a Napa place. Nothing in stock. Could get them tomorrow, but not in an easy place for me to pick up. I also could not find an AirFilter for the 8 cyl. AA gave me a fram, but it was the wrong one. It was floppy vs. Stiff plate like . Good thing I checked. :canttalk: Also can't seem to find DEX VI Tranny fluid. 5 stops and still looking. This car is starting to wake up, now I want to get some coffee in it. If it's anything like the wife, she should be ready to go in a few weeks. :want: