: A Story I Thought You'd Enjoy.....

DopeStar 156
08-27-07, 11:18 AM
So I had a dream last night (Technically this morning, up 'til 5 AM playing Metal Gear Solid) and I thought I'd share this morning's events....

I had a dream that I was at Ms. DS's house when I performed one of my random needless visits outside to go to my Fleetwood. I noticed it was missing and when I looked around the thieves, 4 guys roughly about my age were making the U-turn in the colvasac to get it off her street. I started chasing the car and watched it hop someone's lawn to cut the corner of the turn and take off down the next road. Probably what I'd actually do I still ran after the car when I made the corner I noticed the idiots had brought it to one of their houses and had it parked. They looked like they were getting ready to hit it with a bat so when I was close enough that I was still undetected I started running again. They saw and started running back towards the car to take off again. I yelled out, "Help, car thieves" to the neighborhood and ran in close enough to them that I tried to grab one. We were pretty close to the car so if I didn't get one now I'd prolly never see my beautiful Fleetwood again. I let out a roar and jumped forward to tackle/grab the closest one--

--when I actually did it in reality, leaped outta bed and smashed my face into my nightstand..... Bloody mess but funny, I'm ok.....

I dunno how likely that would be to really happen though. She lives in a pretty rich suburban neighborhood, I always lock the car, it's got the factory alarm system which is pretty sensitive and loud. And it's parked in the street right in front of the biggest window of her house where we have a clear shot of it from her living room couch. Plus at the moment starting isn't one of her favorite things to do so if someone was trying to steal the car, it would stall out about 6 or 7 times before they got it anywhere unless they're familiar with the necessary "tricks" to keep her running, which they wouldn't be. I actually went outside to check if the car was ok. Haha, it's a funny kind of love isn't it?

Spyder
08-27-07, 12:26 PM
"...I'd prolly never see my beautiful fleetwood again..." Hehehe...

Excellent read, eh.

railven
08-27-07, 03:55 PM
I can relate to locking up. I grew up in a rather poor city so where I go, I lock the car.

My girlfriend grew up in central Mass, very rural, one of those towns where everyone knows each other and Town Meetings are the biggest thing next to Christmas.

It drives her crazy when we get to her house and soon as everyone is out of the car "shunk...honk" car is locked.

gary88
08-27-07, 06:55 PM
I lock my car regardless of where I am, even on my own driveway. Pressing a button isn't too hard.

Spyder
08-27-07, 07:30 PM
I lock my truck AND roll up the windows!

...too bad there's no roof on it. :)

I did, however, weld a steel toolbox to the back and put a giant padlock on it so I can lock up valuables (mostly tools/guns) when I'm leaving the 'yota anywhere.

Jonas McFeely
08-27-07, 10:43 PM
I let these two little bastards wash and detail my car once for like $20, and when i went out in the morning to unlock it, the damn key wouldnt turn in the lock. I was livid. They denied any wrong doing, but i know they turned the key the wrong way and jammed it up. Little bastards. I still give em shit.

Needless to say, i never lock my doors. But my 'hood is pretty safe. I'll get the locks changed one day...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-27-07, 11:40 PM
I've had dreams like that too Dope, actually, I had one like that the night I bought the Benz. I didn't sleep much that night, and then the next night, I woke up in cold sweat at 8:30 in the morning....Yep, new car anxiety sucks.

I wouldn't worry too much about your car getting stolen either man, I don't really think there's much of a desire for these big ol' boats anymore, atleast not in the area where your girlfriend lives.

I've always locked all of my cars too, no matter where they're parked. Heck, I even locked 'em when they were parked in my garage, as my youngest brother likes to jump in and screw around with 'em.