: Just bought this 96 Fleetwood

longo
08-27-07, 03:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150151113721&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting

Takin a bus down to Decatur this weekend to pick it up. 8K is a little more than I wanted to spend but from the pics and talking to owner its in A-1 condition. Not a brougham but a lot of the same equipment and I actually prefer the hardtop look. Looking forward to driving it home. Glad I found this forum as Ive found much useful info already.

96Fleetwood
08-27-07, 08:26 AM
Congratulations!! It looks beautiful.

I paid $8,000 for my 1996 in 2005 when it had 74K miles.

Cadillacboy
08-27-07, 09:57 AM
Great car !
Mine is Brougham but don't have Homelink Transmitter Buttons as well as CD Changer slot .That's strange lol
Hope you love it :)

caddycruiser
08-27-07, 01:19 PM
Looks AWESOME. My favorite color (same beautiful Fawn Gray as my '95), and even better with the lack of vinyl roof (wish mine was like that).

Not a Brougham, but no biggie except for the small things like heated/memory seats and the other couple small things.

Congrats:thumbsup:

longo
08-27-07, 03:30 PM
Yeah, the heated seats definitely would have been a plus. I had bought a real nice olds LSS last yr to replace my 87 Fleetwood as everyday driver but could not get used to the ride difference despite the improved mpg's. Just got spoiled on the Cadillacs. Ill let you all know how I like it when I get it home. Maybe post some more detailed pics.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-27-07, 05:15 PM
Sweet ride, one of my favorite Cadillacs ever.

caddycruiser
08-27-07, 05:33 PM
Yeah, the heated seats definitely would have been a plus. I had bought a real nice olds LSS last yr to replace my 87 Fleetwood as everyday driver but could not get used to the ride difference despite the improved mpg's. Just got spoiled on the Cadillacs. Ill let you all know how I like it when I get it home. Maybe post some more detailed pics.

Understandable. Now you'll have the BEST combination--much more modern styling and trim, fuel-injected LT1 (power!), and actually pretty good economy but also still that same larger, heavier RWD luxury car feel all in one. Hope it turns out well.

z06bigbird
08-27-07, 11:02 PM
Last Christmas, San Antonio Caddy dealer had a 90 or 91 Fleecewood Brougham with about 7,200 miles on it. Black with a gray interior. Vogues, wire hub caps as I recall. He sat on it until he got $10,000. He turned down $8,500 from two diff customers.

I am waiting for a little old lady to die here. She has a white 96 Fleecewood Brougham with 20k on it. Problem is she is in good health. Any suggestions??

scurling
08-27-07, 11:25 PM
Nice car !! I also have a non-Brougham Fltwd. (call her "Plain Jane"). FOund her with very low milesage also, and just couldn't pass up the purchase. I think you got a good deal, especially with the low mileage. I know you will enjoy your ride for years.

longo
08-28-07, 03:22 PM
Id like to see some pics of your "plain jane"

scurling
08-28-07, 04:33 PM
Id like to see some pics of your "plain jane"

I really should add it to my signature block. I have not put my '94 Brougham V4P on the system yet. It's in bad need of some paint touchup.

www.cardomain.com/ride/694011

Stan

96Fleetwood
08-28-07, 04:44 PM
She has a white 96 Fleecewood Brougham with 20k on it.

You will never own a Fleetwood, you are not worthy of one.

pompste
08-28-07, 10:28 PM
You Fleetwood is really a "classy looking luxury ride".I`ve always preferred that particular body style over any other----and those stainless steel rocker panels really complete that "classy look".
Congratulations!

longo
08-29-07, 02:28 AM
Very nice, clean looking Fleetwood you have there Stan. Interior looks imaculate. Aquatic blue, havent seen many fleets with that color combo. Almost the same mileage as the one Im getting as well.

scurling
08-29-07, 08:37 PM
Thanks...
I'm a firm believer of stalking the funeral home driveway. This was a fleet car owned by a funeral home that upgraded their inventory. I was lucky to find it. It had all of 24K miles when I got it three years ago. It was as clean as a ten year car can be. I wish it was a Brougham, but I'll settle for a well maintained low mileage Fltwd.

cadillacmike68
09-01-07, 11:25 PM
Great car !
Mine is Brougham but don't have Homelink Transmitter Buttons as well as CD Changer slot .That's strange lol
Hope you love it :)

The Brougham option package was SUPPOSED to come with garage door opener, but mine didn't either - the original owner must have taken it out or the dealer decided they could sell it twice! The CD player radio was a separate option and not part of the brougham package.

The brougham package also came with extra capacity cooling, rear storage armrest - even nicer seats, rear lightet vanity mirrors! (lost if you get the moonroof) and most importantly the 2.93:1 rear axle in place of the 2.4:1 or 2.5:1 unit.

longo
09-02-07, 07:58 PM
Just got it home yerterday. What a ride, smoother than I remember. Car does have some minor scratches but nothing you wouldnt expect on a 96. Will try buffing most of them out. Only thing that doesnt work like it should are the auto-locks. When car is put into drive they always lock but when put back in park dont always un-lock. Any ideas appreciated. Might just have to run it in to dealer and let them figure it out.

caddycruiser
09-02-07, 09:42 PM
Hmm, that's odd, as mine lock as such but also unlock in Park. I was just trying to think if that's a programmable "choice" feature, but I don't think it is. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Otherwise, sounds great, and hope it continues to go very well.

ShadowLvr400
09-04-07, 11:16 PM
Looks like mine on the outside. Yours has a darker interior for now. Good deal actually, only 62k on the clock. Very low miles for an 11 year old car.