: What did I get myself into? V-6???

06VRSCD
08-26-07, 10:58 PM
I'm new here...as this is my 1st post! I bought an 05 STS V-6 w/the sport luxury pkg w/ 28K miles. It has every single option that caddy had to offer in 05. I was wondering...well did I get a good deal? I paid 25K for car. Also is it a good car? My wife talked me into this deal so I guess I need reassurance or did I just get ripped? Oh, are there any performance mods for the v-6 I looked but can't seem to find them for the six'r? Any help, comments or suggestions are welcomed!

Benjamin Simon
08-27-07, 12:14 AM
It has every single option that caddy had to offer in 05. I was wondering...well did I get a good deal? I paid 25K for car. Also is it a good car?

Welcome aboard! First, a big option you are missing is V8. That opens the doors to a few other options that are not available on the V6. Do you have the Nav?

$25K? A rather reasonable price. You did not get your head knocked off, but I would not say you got a steal. I think it sounds fair to both sides.

I had to have a V8, I am afraid I would not know how to drive anything less.:) Other than that, you have THE finest car under $60K msrp new, IMO

The only thing nicer would be a 7 series.

MARKVIII
08-27-07, 05:31 AM
based on my experiance and where i live it sounds about $3-5k high.

Benjamin Simon
08-27-07, 07:01 AM
I tell you what, I will look up the GA blackbook and look at some auction averages.
After doing a national search on autotrader, I only found 1 or so starting at $24K given the low miles. There was 9 starting at $25K.
MarkVIII, if dealers in your area are selling $20 - $22K I would be really interested in finding them. My younger brother is in the market. Sure I might be able to find one with 70K miles, but that is not the goal. :)

MARKVIII
08-27-07, 07:23 AM
well i bought an '05 isG V8 with 18k miles on it for $28,500 in orlando 2 months ago. it also had the diamond paint (which is another 1K option). so based on that and others i have seen in the florida area i would say that 25k for a v6 with 28Kmiles on it is on the high side. you have to remember that these cars lose a temendous amount of value after the first 2 yrs. like i said in a previous thread this is my 4th cadi all 1-2 yrs old and all used cars.

Benjamin Simon
08-27-07, 07:47 AM
I paid $28390 + tax back in February for my 1SG with the heads up and ACC. The sled only had 15K.
What I have found is the options depreciate at a ridiculous rate. When buying used, get ever single option because you really won't have to pay much more over the base.

06VRSCD
08-27-07, 08:42 AM
I paid $28390 + tax back in February for my 1SG with the heads up and ACC. The sled only had 15K.
What I have found is the options depreciate at a ridiculous rate. When buying used, get ever single option because you really won't have to pay much more over the base.

Well I the have the 1SC,eucalyptus wood, mag. ride, nav., sun roof, the color is moonstone (1K option), indpen sus w/auto level... oh...and the leather seats.

It sounds like I might have gotta fair deal? I don't know. However this is my 1st cadillac and so far it seems to be a great car. I go to the dealer today for them to put 4 new tires on the car (which helped make the deal) and get the digital update for the OnStar system. So.... I take it that there aren't a hole lot of performance upgrades I can do on the engine ie chip? What about an K&N airfilter? do ya'll think that it would make any difference?

Oh yeah.... thanks for welcome!

MARKVIII
08-27-07, 08:48 AM
as long as you are happy that's all the counts. its a great ride. i am really enjoying mine. it has some flaws but then again what doesn't...

06VRSCD
08-27-07, 08:59 AM
Oh yeah did I mention that is certified? Another selling point is that it has the 6yr 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!

MARKVIII
08-27-07, 09:42 AM
well new tires and the warrenty add about $1500 to the price. so i think you did alright

z06bigbird
08-27-07, 09:45 PM
I'm new here...as this is my 1st post! I bought an 05 STS V-6 w/the sport luxury pkg w/ 28K miles. It has every single option that caddy had to offer in 05. I was wondering...well did I get a good deal? I paid 25K for car. Also is it a good car? My wife talked me into this deal so I guess I need reassurance or did I just get ripped? Oh, are there any performance mods for the v-6 I looked but can't seem to find them for the six'r? Any help, comments or suggestions are welcomed!

Look in the CTS section. Members there are always modding their cars. Same v6 as STS.

06VRSCD
08-27-07, 10:16 PM
Look in the CTS section. Members there are always modding their cars. Same v6 as STS.

Thanks

Curious George
08-29-07, 03:07 PM
I paid $28390 + tax back in February for my 1SG with the heads up and ACC. The sled only had 15K....

SLED?:thepan:

Buzz48317
09-02-07, 07:34 PM
I didn't realize that the Mag ride was available on the V-6 in 2005...interesting. The car is worth every cent that you paid for it. Good ride, good looks and all the new technology that you can cram into 4 doors of luxury sedan. I love my 07 and will probably get an 09 when the lease is finished. I will drive a Cadillac for a long time to come. I actually don't mind the V-6, but then my hotdogging days are long behind me, I'd rather go slow so that everyone can see me . :)

jvizzy22
09-05-07, 08:50 AM
shouldve got the v-8 man, ill probably never by a v-6, unless its supercharged

Buzz48317
09-05-07, 11:11 AM
shouldve got the v-8 man, ill probably never by a v-6, unless its supercharged

New 2008 STS 3.6l D.I. V-6 is 304 hp. Your V-8 STS is 4.6l and 320 hp. Why not get the new V-6?

06VRSCD
09-05-07, 10:19 PM
I didn't realize that the Mag ride was available on the V-6 in 2005...interesting. The car is worth every cent that you paid for it. Good ride, good looks and all the new technology that you can cram into 4 doors of luxury sedan. I love my 07 and will probably get an 09 when the lease is finished. I will drive a Cadillac for a long time to come. I actually don't mind the V-6, but then my hotdogging days are long behind me, I'd rather go slow so that everyone can see me . :)

My bad...I was told that it had the mag ride but as I investigated i found out that it doesnt :crying2: I noticed something was wrong when I couldn't find the sensors for it! lol but overall I am really starting to like the car even more. It rides great and handles really well I starting to think that I will prob end up buying another one in the future. The only thing that I am wanting is more power out of the v-6! but if I can't I am still very satisfied with my purchase.

TSS
09-10-07, 10:04 PM
Certified with new tires and the wife is happy? Stop worrying and enjoy the new ride!