: Same size tires on my RWD SRX ?

djfcars
08-26-07, 10:23 PM
I would like to use the P255/55/R18 tires all around. I just like the idea of being able to rotate the tires. Has anyone did this and have been happy with it? Being wider in the front, will it throw water in the rain? It's a RWD V-8 if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
Dino F.

robhersch
08-26-07, 11:59 PM
I keep fairly close watch on my tires (2005 N*V8 RWD, 18" 235 front & 255 rear); had realigned (independent speciality alignment shop) last week due to slightly uneven wear in front; alignment guy noted that rear 255s would likely out last two sets of 235s on front. Makes good case for 255s all around, if after installation, a check validates no interference under all circumstances.
There are many threads on this subject in this forum, but need to do some leafing thru to find them.
Good Luck

RedGalant2k1
08-27-07, 09:12 AM
I have done that several times on customers SRXs with no ill effects. The front tire and rear tire are the same physical height, and therefore can be interchanged. Infact the local Cadillac dealership says the same thing, you don't need the staggered fitment.

Paulie Walnuts
08-27-07, 12:35 PM
Anyone know what the largest sized tires can be placed on these things front and/or rear?

I bet it would look great with super wides all the way around - sort of the BMW/Mercedes look.

Let us know if you know.

73Thumper
08-27-07, 03:15 PM
For my factory 20's (not sure of any offset/rim width differences from 17's or 18's) the rim width on my 20's will support 275's....

zerocar
08-28-07, 08:22 PM
newbie to the SRX forum. I have read as many post as my eyes can take in the last several days, and have replaced my OEM Mich tires for Coopers. I put 255/55/r18 on all 4 corners. THe ride has not changed a bit. Thanks to the many great post i was able to do the bigger tires w/o much hestitation. At $170/tire including mounting/balancing I feel great about the savings to the OEM tires at nearly $250/tire at my local dealer. I did the change do to excessive wear at 25k even with a wheel alignment after i brought it the dealer. at 39k the fronts where not save any longer. Now i can at least rotate the tires. There is no rubbing in the front of any kind.
Many thx to all that have contributed in this forum.

Zerocar

Smokin' SRX
08-29-07, 11:16 AM
I would like to use the P255/55/R18 tires all around. I just like the idea of being able to rotate the tires. Has anyone did this and have been happy with it? Being wider in the front, will it throw water in the rain? It's a RWD V-8 if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
Dino F.

The other guys are correct! I have several posts myself from several months ago(do a search, under "tire size") explaining my STRONG support for same size all around! I did it and it worked great!!!!! Went w/ Dunlap symetry 5000 Sports. Rated at one speed rating lower ("H" instead of "V", I think) so I could not do more than 130MPH instead of 149MPH w/ OEM tires!:crybaby:

Seems that maybe Caddy put skinny guys up front to reduce possibility of oversteer, in extreme cases. But w/ AWD, I could not get the tail to spin around w/ my moserate efforts on a wet road!
Good luck to all as I have moved to a new Buick Enclave (sweet 7 adult passenger ride!) and will check in once in awhile to hear wonderful old friends! :)
PS...consider the $25 dollars to be a Supporting Member of this forum! (see Forum header) It helped me more than 50 times my money's worth!

djfcars
08-30-07, 01:08 AM
That's it- I'm going for the all around size for my SRX.

Thanks to the owners that posted a reply to help me!!!

Dino F.

smokiejoe
09-12-07, 12:07 AM
Having the ability to rotate the tires would certainly be a plus.

shanekennedy
09-17-07, 08:58 AM
PS...consider the $25 dollars to be a Supporting Member of this forum! (see Forum header) It helped me more than 50 times my money's worth!

it what way(s) did it help?

Larry05
09-29-07, 05:07 PM
I just replaced all of mine with 245/65-17's all around. Continental Conti-trac or something like that. Like being able to rotate. 60K mile tire. Much quieter than OE.