: Help please

RBraczyk
04-18-04, 12:29 PM
Ok, everyone here knows that I have a 1994 Blazer with 271,000 miles. Now the engine runs well, lacks horsepower but im not surprised, she's getting tired. We got a tuneup on her about a year ago, and after the tuneup she started running like sh*t. Well, we got a few things fixed but there is still one problem. SHe Idles incredibly low, 200-400rpm. And when you give her a little gas and then let off, she starts to sputter and cough and you can hear the individual pistons fire and the tach drops off the gauge. but after about five seconds of that, she comes right back. This happens mostly when im waiting in line at dunks or fast food restauraunts when you only need a little gas to edge up. It also feels like something is holding her back when you do this, like the car won't roll. It feels like there's a really big rubber band holding her back. Other than that the motor runs fine. Harmonic balancer? Throttle body? Plugs and injectors were changed, Throttle cable? Does anyone know where the throttle screw is? This is one of the first EFI chevy trucks, so it may be computerized. Help please, if i can fix this, i can get fund money for my caddy!

elwesso
04-18-04, 07:06 PM
You definitely need to clean stuff... Take off the TB and clean the shit out of it and the plenum.....

Throttle cable you want to leave alone..... As slack is necessary...

I dont know how the idle is controlled, either with an IAC or with an ISC...