: Canadian dealer Instaled remote start Question

avguy
08-26-07, 06:28 PM
I'm going to be getting a 07 SRX this week and was wondering if any Canuks have had the dealer installed remote start done.. Has anyone had any issues and do you retain all the regular functions of the original key fob?? Also is there any issues I should be aware of at delivery, common problems that i should look for .. Thanks in advance for any help you's can offer...

avguy
08-30-07, 01:50 AM
Wow... I thought I would get some kinda responce..Maby an American owner who has had the dealer installed remote start can chime in...

73Thumper
09-01-07, 12:11 PM
I have been asking the same Q here in the US. My dealer still has no info for a unit for my 07. Hoping something does come up as the 08's come with the option we both desire.... I don't want aftermarket - I want GM as I want the functions my remote does now - and that is not possible with non GM/aftermarket - or so I have been told.

DVC-Don
09-03-07, 08:22 PM
I asked about the wifes 04 SRX a year or so ago but the dealer had nothing.

avguy
09-04-07, 11:15 PM
UP here in Canada, I was able to get one installed by the dealer in my 07 .. The instal was was done by Mass who does all the GM Elect. work around here. I am supose to retain all original functions with the new fobs the only difference being they will have a "start" button now.. When i get the SRX back tomorrow I'll let ya's know how it works.. Cost was $470 Canuk.. here is a link to the one they used

http://www.mass.ca/productshow.asp?id=102&vehicleId=0

73Thumper
09-07-07, 11:15 AM
I checked the website out - the 2 way remote is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You "AVGUY". So is yours installed now and working? Any issues? Which model are you using???

avguy
09-07-07, 05:18 PM
Yes .. mine is installed and everything is working just fine...Had to get them to reprogramme it so it didn't chirp on lock but that is just something I wanted.. I have the unit that I linked too.. It does a bunch of things and has several different modes that can be programmed by the installer.. It retains all the GM functions and adds some remote start funtions through the fobs.. 3 days and no problems ..

c5 rv
09-07-07, 11:57 PM
When I had an aftermarket unit (Astrostart) installed in my old truck installed in late 2004, they said they didn't have anything that would work in my CTS that I also had then. The big problem with that aftermarket unit is that it would lose it synchronization with the rest of the car computers if the battery was disconnected for service and I had to go back to the shop to have them reprogram it. It was also starting to make occasional clicking relay noises while running after about 30K miles. That was about when I traded the truck in. I think I'll stick with factory installed units.

73Thumper
09-08-07, 12:06 PM
I am going to try and contact "MASS" - from what I can tell about there 2 way remote, and pics and functional descriptions on the GM accessories site -They may be the same supplier that uses for this new remote from GM. I also want to stick with GM, but if the aftermaerket company is the GM supplier - then I don't see a major risk going with MASS.

avguy
09-08-07, 12:51 PM
Mass does not sell to the public directly.. They are only contracted by GM Canada to do electronic work on GM warrented Cars and trucks at dealerships in Ontario Canada.. When Mass installs something on your GM vehical it is then covered by the GM warrenty...

Now its off to add one more coat of Zaino to the Caddy ! This is the fifth and final one .. For now.. :)

73Thumper
09-09-07, 11:44 PM
Don't know if we have anything equivelant in USA, can you provide any part numbers? Besides the remote fob, how many other "pieces" were there? So far my dealer claims there is no GM remote available for the 07's - probably because they are a small dealer - and sell 4 or 5 SRX's a year - so they really have no incentive to help me. I just had a warrenty claim for the cam "phasors" to be replaced - I found this problem and probable cause from this forum - gave the info to the dealer - there comment - never heard of such a problem - took them 5 days to fix - they said - oh the cam phasors in one bank went bad - no shi# I told them, and they were clueless I had given them the info up front. I even left the printout of the problem and diagnosis on the dash. Anyway - any help you could provide would be great for all of us who wish for a GM equivelent remote start option for 07's - or maybe older.

avguy
09-10-07, 08:12 AM
The manual they left in the car says ....

Premier Defence
PD-2.5iSH
Manufactured in Canada by Autostart

Here is a link to thier web site
http://www.autostart.ca/

I could not find the model they used in my SRX listed on either the Canadian or American Web site.. You might be able to give one of the US Dealers a call and see what model they sugest would work!

HTH

Avguy