: Gold Keys w/pass key chip??How much??

Msilva954
04-18-04, 10:54 AM
Ive got two sets of these gold cadillac keys and one of them is completely rubbed off. Do the dealers still sell the Gold Keys with the chip? The ones on ebay that I see dont have the chips built in, they are just solid plain gold keys.

RBraczyk
04-18-04, 12:03 PM
THe ones on ebay are door keys, or they are really old caddy keys. I have a mint set of pass keys that are gold for my car, but the pass key is different for every deville.

Msilva954
04-18-04, 02:24 PM
This sucks because anything I can get not from a dealer im happy, I dont wanna pay like $200 for a key when I already have a nice set and I hate that ugly black plastic key.

Mitch3
04-18-04, 02:55 PM
When I bought the Eldorado, it came with one set of keys. At one time they were gold but time wore that away. I was told I had to get an ignition key with the computer chip so I went to a Chevy dealer who ordered a Caddy blank key which was silver with the black Caddy head. He cut it for my ignition and the total cost was $37.00. Who the heck is quoting you $200. At first I thought you were really going overboard, having to have a gold key, but then I remembered I searched for three months looking for just the right Cadillac key chain. US CADDY GUYS (AND GALS) ARE SOMETHING ELSE !!

brougham
04-18-04, 06:40 PM
Where did you get that $200 price from? Is it just a guess?

I've heard before that you can't get them any more so it would just depend on if the dealers you goto still have any or not. I've seen them on ebay with the pellet before. Just e-mail the seller to find out if he's selling the one that you need.

Msilva954
04-18-04, 07:06 PM
For this particlular key it is a guess, but ive seen people pay up to that for particular cars where it is rare. One gold set is completely worn, that is what im using now. The other is semi-worn, what I want to use. But I want a new set before I start to use the other one, just in case I dont find them again. The door one is not a problem, its the one with the chip. I also have the reg key with the black top, but I dont really like that one.

And yes like alot of people I am very particular, the car has only 52k at the moment and for the most part it is beautiful and I really want to keep as many parts as I can that way (Including the keys as odd as it may sound). Ill just have to continue the search, ill ask the dealer this week when I go to get a quote for the fender trim and the rocker panel Stainless steal.

EDIT: I remember now, it was a Lincoln key that I saw for that price.

El Dobro
04-19-04, 11:28 AM
The gold keys are history from GM. You have to find a dealer with NOS or pick them up on eBay.

cardio-doc
04-19-04, 01:02 PM
Hello:

~Doc

sonjaab
04-20-04, 09:08 PM
My 89 & 90 Devilles both had gold keys with the chip.
I lost a set for the 90 in the snow. Stealer wanted
$75 for a new set. 55 for ignition ...20 for trunk.......

I got lucky cuz my buddy worked there and got them both
made for $35 bucks !

My 96, 02, and 03 don't/didn't have the chip on them.
New Passkey 2 system I guess.....................geo

sparkylivewire
07-29-05, 06:52 AM
I am looking for one or two gold Cadillac vats key #3. Can anyone help me find some? Thanks

GreyFox
09-18-05, 05:00 PM
Hey Cardio-Doc....Do you still sell the gold VATS keys? I could use a 7 and the door key (H) for my 1996 Fleetwood Brougham.

jul498
12-28-13, 08:14 PM
Do you have the 2001 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz ETC gold Vats #13 available?

MrHolland
12-28-13, 08:50 PM
8 yr old thread......

---I found some on eBay for my car, but you won't find any for a 2013 ETC...

Aztec ETC ECS
12-30-13, 12:37 PM
I see lots on eBay. With & without the pellet. If you can't find the correct one, you can bypass the VATS with a resistor & use any key.
I can't seem to even find a 2013 ETC, though.

basscatt
12-30-13, 04:39 PM
I see lots on eBay. With & without the pellet. If you can't find the correct one, you can bypass the VATS with a resistor & use any key.
I can't seem to even find a 2013 ETC, though.
-----------------------
I can't seem to even find a 2013 ETC
probably because Cadillac stopped making the ETC in 2002 - :stirpot:

Aztec ETC ECS
12-30-13, 04:50 PM
:duh:

jul498
01-01-14, 11:07 PM
Sorry should have been 2001 Eldorado ETC -- I'm a novice on this forum and am learning to use the site through trial and error