: Taking Action to have water issue in jack compartment fixed

moveebuff
08-26-07, 11:39 AM
After reading all the threads regarding water in the jack stowage area, I find it hard to believe that GM is not taking responsibility for an obvious manufacting flaw.

Has anyone contacted GM to find out if they will cover the cost of having it fixed?

Please let me know, I just got the 2004 SRX 30 days ago and I am shocked that so many SRX owners have this defect and have not contacted GM.

nstar
08-26-07, 12:08 PM
After reading all the threads regarding water in the jack stowage area, I find it hard to believe that GM is not taking responsibility for an obvious manufacting flaw.

Has anyone contacted GM to find out if they will cover the cost of having it fixed?

Please let me know, I just got the 2004 SRX 30 days ago and I am shocked that so many SRX owners have this defect and have not contacted GM.

I believe that they know because they are paying repair warranty invoices every day and also you recieve customer satisfaction notice after repair!!! They are just waiting for warranty to expire.:getaway:

louisn
08-26-07, 01:03 PM
With your problem, I would take it back to my seller and demand they fix per their 30 day warranty. That may include all new carpets and many other parts. I hope their 30 day warranty is in writing!!
If that fails try Cadillac---they pay acknowledge it happened during the warranty period since rusty jack is dead giveaway. Maybe you could get an independent mechanic to put in writing that the damage was caused over the years and w/i the warranty period.
After further thought, you may want to take to a Caddy dealer first--since they've fixed this issue before and may acknowledge it. Your selling dealer may not know where to start.

moveebuff
08-26-07, 06:00 PM
Thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I spent all day shampooing the rug and trying to get the rust out. I managed to get most of the rust stain out and now it's just drying. I've sent a letter to GM so we'll see if they reply and I also plan on calling them tomorrow.

Are there any other issues that I should know about? I really love driving the SRX and just love the way it looks. It's the quality issue that i'm afraid of. I've had a Lexus for 7 years and it still looks as good as they day we bought it. The quality with the Lexus has been outstanding. Their customer service is second to none. I'm hoping the same with GM.....should I hold my breath?

Thanks,