: "Michigan Meeting"

FrankT
08-26-07, 10:47 AM
At the Gilmore Car Museum, it looks like a very nice place for a Fall meet.

Check it out here http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/ (http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/)

The plan to meet there at 11:00, as the date gets closer we can set a definite time to meet at the admission counter. Tickets prices, $7.00.

For those who have never been there, it is a fabulous place in a very beautiful setting off the beaten path. Itís a very relaxing atmosphere and some incredible cars are displayed.

This is being re-posted in this section to alert other Michiganders and neighbors.
So far, for the 22nd - running total:
TSS and family
C5 RV and wife
FrankT and son, (maybe wife too)
Tonsoffun (plus family and friends)

Hope to see many more of you there!

TSS
08-27-07, 04:43 PM
Anybody forum member who comes and says it is not one of the coolest car museums they have ever been to will have their admission price re-imbursed by yours truly. :getaway:

TSS
09-18-07, 10:04 PM
11 am 9/22/07. Lets meet just outside where they sell the tickets (just outside the gift shop). There used to be, and may still be, pop machines in the area I am referring to.

FrankT
09-19-07, 08:15 AM
I'll be there! :yup:

c5 rv
09-19-07, 10:58 AM
We are still planning on attending. I called today to confirm that the restaurant and other areas are wheelchair accessible. (Showing up just before lunch at a place where she couldn't eat would not earn me any points.)

I have to go find the WordPerfect directions TSS sent me and see if I can read them at work. If not, I'm sure I can find our way there. At least I got the SRX back from the shop in time.

TSS
09-19-07, 11:44 AM
JUST CALL MY OFFICE, my secretary can re-format or simply fax to you! Or swing by my office and pick up a hard copy if you are downtown. My secretary's name is Sarah. You have the number, correct?

Follow up: Sarah is emailing to you NOW in another format that may work for you!

Todd

c5 rv
09-19-07, 01:08 PM
... Or swing by my office and pick up a hard copy if you are downtown. ...

Follow up: Sarah is emailing to you NOW in another format that may work for you!

Todd

Thanks, Todd. I'll be looking for them in my email tonight.

Now, if we want to have a real direction challenge, we should plan a Cadillac gathering at Kewpees and let everyone figure out how to navigate the construction in downtown Lansing before enjoying an olive burger.

c5 rv
09-21-07, 01:56 PM
I printed out the directions and they look fine. Thanks.

But, I slammed my wrist into a door handle at work this morning and it hurts. I don't think anything is broken, but I may be wrong. Vehicle transfers and pushing my wife's wheelchair are probably not happening this weekend. Take lots of pictures and post the good ones. Be sure to snap some in the Corvette barn. Thanks.

TSS
09-21-07, 03:16 PM
Sounds like its down to me, my son, and Frank. Like I said before, my son and I are going anyway, so if anyone else decides to go, or Frank needs to cancel, no biggie. I will be there at 11:00.

FrankT
09-21-07, 08:27 PM
I'm not canceling. I promised my son we would go. Its two hour drive from Livonia I plan on leaving around 8am -8:30 to give enough time. So, be on the look out for a dark blue 99 STS.

TSS, Let me know it you want me to PM you my cell phone# just in case something comes up, If not we'll be at the ticket gate as close to 11am as possible.

TSS
09-21-07, 09:05 PM
We will be there. Will be driving the 07 Silver Escalade. 8 year old and 38 year old....

Glad someone can make it Frank.

Todd

c5 rv
09-25-07, 01:11 PM
Pics?

TSS
09-25-07, 01:24 PM
Frank took some pictures. I think most of them had "us" in them though. It ended up being Frank, his son, me, and my son. Really nice day. Wish you could have made it.