: Purchase of the week!

illumina
08-25-07, 09:42 PM
Well, I went and did my own little shopping spree, not for a car though, but for a house. It's a 3 bedroom - 1 bathroom single story home on a quarter of an acre, 2 car - gas heated garage and a gravel driveway large enough to fit 6 cars. The house is about 1000 sq/ft with a partial basement and crawlspace.

The best part is the price: $42,500! There was one little catch though: this past January the previous owner was murdered by his own son in the living room, and because of that, a house that booked around $72,000 wouldn't sell; so I nabbed it for the aforementioned price. Payments with tax, insurance, and principle will run about $452 per month, which is actually less than what I pay at my cramped apartment. The best thing of all is that I can finally get my auto projects done because I have a garage of my own and I can have a "feed me security device" also known as a dog.

Pics will be posted probably within the week; I have to get moved in first...

derrty_deville
08-25-07, 09:50 PM
Nice purchase. Will you be able to show people where the dead body was?

99esteees
08-25-07, 09:54 PM
Creepy but an excellent price!

illumina
08-25-07, 09:56 PM
Nice purchase. Will you be able to show people where the dead body was?

The guy only laid there for two days, but they had to tear the old carpet up and cut that section of floor out and replace that area of subfloor. One of the conditions before the bank granted my loan was that said area be covered with new carpet, so last weekend I laid the new carpet in the living room/dining room area and left the bedrooms hardwood.

illumina
08-25-07, 09:57 PM
http://her.realliving.com/Property/Details.aspx?PropID=5909569

Here is where I found the place. It's still listed as 'under contract,' but it's all mine now!

Jesda
08-25-07, 10:20 PM
I would -love- to score a deal like that! Congratulations

gdwriter
08-26-07, 12:28 AM
Excellent deal! Your mortgage is about half of what mine is, but around here, people rent apartments for as much a month as I pay for my very nice, 4-year-old house.

I'm digging that 70s kitchen floor. I think my parents' house may have had a similar flooring.

RightTurn
08-26-07, 12:46 AM
The guy only laid there for two days.

Oh, well that's different. :alchi:

:lol:

Congrats!! :highfive:

illumina
08-26-07, 01:37 AM
Oh, well that's different. :alchi:

:lol:

Congrats!! :highfive:

Yeah, what happened to the guy really sucked. When I first started looking at the house in April, I decided to do a little research on the crime that had happened; put it like this, what happened was some ****ed up shit and as of now, his son and an accomplice are still awaiting trial. I can't help but feel that my loan paid for the son's bail. Good thing I'm a gun owner I guess!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-26-07, 01:42 AM
Anyone remember that episode of the Simpsons where Marge sold real estate and sold the Flanders that house where a murder occured? This reminds me of that.

Very nice Illumina, congrats!! Housing is my next major purchase.

EDIT: I just realized you're paying less per month for your house than I am for the car! :eek:

derrty_deville
08-26-07, 01:52 AM
^Show off...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-26-07, 01:55 AM
LOL no no. I mean't that Illumina is getting a killer deal.

gdwriter
08-26-07, 02:09 AM
LOL no no. I mean't that Illumina is getting a killer deal.Emphasis on "killer." :histeric:

derrty_deville
08-26-07, 02:15 AM
You might say its to die for...

I can understand that he was dead there for 2 days. Probably just a routine murder.

Spyder
08-26-07, 06:13 AM
Hahaha...

I would, without a doubt, have a chalk outline on the floor. When people ask about it "Huh? Oh, that old thing? It's nothing..." and leave it at that.

slk230mb
08-26-07, 11:54 AM
Hahahahaha

parexa
08-26-07, 12:41 PM
OMG its haunted!

Night Wolf
08-26-07, 12:55 PM
Awesome!

Hopefully I'll be in the housing market soon enough.... renting stinks!

EDIT: I just realized you're paying less per month for your house than I am for the car!

:bonkers:

c5 rv
08-26-07, 03:14 PM
Hahaha...

I would, without a doubt, have a chalk outline on the floor. When people ask about it "Huh? Oh, that old thing? It's nothing..." and leave it at that.

I noticed that the realtor omitted pics of that room. Is a murder location something you are required to include in a property disclosure?

AMGoff
08-26-07, 03:44 PM
"Located on corner lot,2car detached 'being sold 'AS IS WHERE IS' Newer furnace and roof 06.new well pump EZ2C On ELB Priced to sell.Preapproved buyers,not a hud prop.accepting offers til June 19th.cosmetics is all.Quick close.great rental, charming dead body with matching stains and original murder weapon, all for a low, low price, act now for this killer deal!"

Sorry, couldn't resist :) Congrats on the new home though! Not even a new car beats the feeling of being a new home owner. Plus with that kind of mortgage payment you could easily keep it as a rental if you ever get another place.

illumina
08-26-07, 10:14 PM
"Located on corner lot,2car detached 'being sold 'AS IS WHERE IS' Newer furnace and roof 06.new well pump EZ2C On ELB Priced to sell.Preapproved buyers,not a hud prop.accepting offers til June 19th.cosmetics is all.Quick close.great rental, charming dead body with matching stains and original murder weapon, all for a low, low price, act now for this killer deal!"

Sorry, couldn't resist :) Congrats on the new home though! Not even a new car beats the feeling of being a new home owner. Plus with that kind of mortgage payment you could easily keep it as a rental if you ever get another place.

Hehehehehe...

Yeah, I guess according to Ohio law, when someone is murdered in a home that is for sale, said crime has to be disclosed to potential buyers. As for the scene of the murder, it was in the living room behind the front door; as of yet, no stains or odors have come about :lildevil:

c5 rv
08-27-07, 07:53 PM
... As for the scene of the murder, it was in the living room behind the front door; as of yet, no stains or odors have come about :lildevil:

That was the body that they found... :suspense: