: Just got a 2004 SRX

moveebuff
08-25-07, 04:26 PM
:lesley::lesley::lesley::lesley:Hi All;

My 2004 Cadillac was parked in my driveway with a big gold bow. It was my birthday present. I just love it!!! I'm giving up a Lexus LS 300 so i'm used to a luxury drive.

I'm a little concerned about the reliability of this vehicle. Today, my rear window would not go up. Of course it had to be pouring rain when this happened. Fortunately, the dealer I bought the SRX from, (Lexus) gave it a 38 day warranty so hopefully they will fix it for free.

Is there anything else that I should expect to go wrong? I would appreciate any info that would help me.

Thanks!

urbanski
08-25-07, 04:40 PM
howdy :)

louisn
08-25-07, 08:36 PM
:lesley::lesley::lesley::lesley:Hi All;

My 2004 Cadillac was parked in my driveway with a big gold bow. It was my birthday present. I just love it!!! I'm giving up a Lexus LS 300 so I'm used to a luxury drive.

I'm a little concerned about the reliability of this vehicle. Today, my rear window would not go up. Of course it had to be pouring rain when this happened. Fortunately, the dealer I bought the SRX from, (Lexus) gave it a 38 day warranty so hopefully they will fix it for free.

Is there anything else that I should expect to go wrong? I would appreciate any info that would help me.

Thanks!
Check your rear hatch under the carpet where the jack and spare are located for water. Mine and most SRX leak. Also make sure all the tech updates have performed on your 2004. There were 5-6 that I had done my car. My passenger rear window also failed early on. Check the headlight-the plastic tends to peal off. BTW, if your under 50,000 miles and 4 years, you still have a factory warranty.

natrotciv
08-25-07, 10:05 PM
the ultra view if you have one creaks when driving. mostly going at angles.

moveebuff
08-25-07, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the water in the storage area....i'll check tomorrow. My car has over 100k on it so no warranty but the Lexus dealer that I bought it from is really great. We bought our Lexus there so they know us. Sure hope we made a good decision getting the Cadillac SRX!

moveebuff
08-25-07, 11:52 PM
What's an ultraview??? LOL....i'm new to this

TSS
08-26-07, 08:30 AM
What's an ultraview??? LOL....i'm new to this

If you had it, you would know it. :)

It is a HUGE glass sunroof that provides open air for the front and second row passengers. It is one of the primary reasons I originally bought my SRX. I loved it and miss it in my present vehicle.

What is the equivilent in the States to an "LS 300"? Here, Lexus offered an "ES 300", an "LS 400", and a "GS 300" - but never an "LS 300".

moveebuff
08-27-07, 05:37 PM
You Were Right!!!! I checked the jack stowage compartment and it was soaked and the jack was rusty. I'm so glad that you gave me the heads up. My SRX is actually at the Cadillac dealer right now. I asked the service person if there was a recall due to this problem and she check and there wasn't. I find this so hard to believe considering how many similar complaints i've read on this forum. I sent an e-mail to GM so it will be interesting to hear their response.
Thanks again!

louisn
08-28-07, 02:08 PM
You Were Right!!!! I checked the jack stowage compartment and it was soaked and the jack was rusty. I'm so glad that you gave me the heads up. My SRX is actually at the Cadillac dealer right now. I asked the service person if there was a recall due to this problem and she check and there wasn't. I find this so hard to believe considering how many similar complaints i've read on this forum. I sent an e-mail to GM so it will be interesting to hear their response.
Thanks again!
Did you ask the tech to warranty the problem since the rust proves it started leaking years ago and the water and the leak and the RUST were all undiscoverable and hidden unless you actually had a flat!:stirpot:

smokiejoe
08-28-07, 03:55 PM
Has this Jack Stowage Water leakage problem been solved for the 2007-2008 Models.

Can anyone confirm this, Yes or No.

Thanks Guys...

louisn
08-28-07, 04:14 PM
Has this Jack Stowage Water leakage problem been solved for the 2007-2008 Models.

Can anyone confirm this, Yes or No.

Thanks Guys...
I would doubt it since Caddy doesn't know why they leak IMHO. They would probably have to scrap the original design and redesign the whole rear hatch. It's the Achilles heel of the SRX. Mine has been fixed three different ways and has remained dry for three months although it hasn't rained in 3 months either!!!:rolleyes: Carwash dry though~:bouncy:

smokiejoe
08-28-07, 05:31 PM
Thats not so good.
Looking for a 2008, once some extra incentives are added.
I am going to lease, so I can put up with some minor dampness issues, (not really).

TSS
08-28-07, 07:52 PM
My 06 did not have any leaking - even with weekly and even more frequent high pressure touchless car washes.

yafah
08-28-07, 09:34 PM
So Now I face having to get another vehicle in early 2008. I set aside an SRX purchase in my last change in ,06,because concern about the Ultraview and I could not get one then without that. I am thinking again of an SRX in Feb 08. The possible defective design of the rear hatch frightens me, as I am determined to buy CPO vs. new next time given my very high mileage annually.. At least if one is concerned with the Ultrview top you can try get without. As a prospective buyer how does face the hatch issue? Or should one look at the top Acadian or Enclave. I am determined to buy domestic

smokiejoe
08-28-07, 10:01 PM
If you buy CPO or New spend a few minutes looking at the jack stowage area to determine if there is a leak, once you decide that vehicle might be the one you'll buy.
Maybe even request to take the vehicle through a car wash, and then check it. That should let you determine if it one of the good ones or bad ones. I think that is what I am going to do...

TSS
08-29-07, 07:42 AM
If you buy CPO or New spend a few minutes looking at the jack stowage area to determine if there is a leak, once you decide that vehicle might be the one you'll buy.
Maybe even request to take the vehicle through a car wash, and then check it. That should let you determine if it one of the good ones or bad ones. I think that is what I am going to do...

Those are all great suggestions. If the vehicle is a year or more old, and not leaking, hopefully that means it won't! I have to believe most of the "problem" cars, have an issue from early on, if not day one.

ALSO: When I buy any used car, I also insist on being given the time to hand wash it myself. When washing and drying, you notice so many more defects than just a visual inspection.

shar's ride
09-02-07, 11:13 PM
I just got a 2004 as well , but my roof wont open properly ? does any one have any idea's on this , it starts to open then stops ? thanks

Smokin' SRX
09-04-07, 11:50 AM
I just got a 2004 as well , but my roof wont open properly ? does any one have any idea's on this , it starts to open then stops ? thanks
Yes. Firstly I sprayed (neatly!) some WD-40 onto all the rubber, tracks and widgets-both sides. Opened, closed 3 times and did it again. This fixed it. Run the engine as it takes mega amps to work it!
If that fails, there is a "reset" of some kind mentioned in the owners manual. Some forum members have had pieces replaced on the roof to eliminate squeaks/rattles, but my WD-40 fixed me!!
Good luck!:)
PS.......open all the windows/doors/hatch, when spraying and use a cardboard shield to protect seats,trim,headliner etc. The little red nozzle-spray tube directs it very well Little messy........have a rag handy!

MortnCyn
09-04-07, 03:25 PM
Look at this post re lubricant for the roof.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/97652-ultraview-roof.html