: landau roof '79

sleutelgek
08-25-07, 01:24 PM
Hello i am danny from holland, my engels isn"t not so good.
I have a question of my cadillac coup deville 1979.
Ihave a landua roof,can i pool it off or not, and than paint the roof the same color as the car.
But the rear window has no list wat too do after than.
thank you verry much.

Danny from holland.

urbanski
08-25-07, 01:50 PM
hi Danny :)
welcome here! your english is great!!

i also copied your thread to Deville
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1985-deville-fleetwood-1985/115731-landau-roof-79-a.html

best of luck

BRICKS
08-25-07, 02:30 PM
u mean rip off the top and keep your lac a hardtop? if so yes.

Highway Star
08-25-07, 02:51 PM
Here's what the plain roof 77-79 Coupes look like. There's a set of stainless steel moldings around the rear window, you may need those. The side windows have a painted frame as can be seen in the pic. Looks kinda nekkid though

BRICKS
08-25-07, 02:58 PM
that one looks good with the painted molding. ive seen ones with full chrome and half chrome half paint which look good. yes the rear window trim u will have to find.

sleutelgek
09-08-07, 08:41 AM
Hello i am danny from holland, my engels isn"t not so good.
I have a question of my cadillac coup deville 1979.
Ihave a landua roof,can i pool it off or not, and than paint the roof the same color as the car.
But the rear window has no list round the window wat too do after than.
thank you verry much.

Danny from holland.

sleutelgek
09-08-07, 09:06 AM
thanks but ware i cant buy this stainles moldings ant side window frame.
can i take it from a scrapyard?
my friends are going 3 times ayear to arizona for searching on scrapyards.

thanks sleutelgek

sleutelgek
11-12-07, 02:36 AM
Hello highwaystar where are you, i cant pm you.
And i want to where you are the rear stainlessteelmoldings, where can i find those and the side moldings.
thanks

sleutelgek

My_favorite_Brougham
11-12-07, 12:43 PM
Check ebay.com or call some US scrap yards; you might be able to get them to ship it to you. Also many companies here in the US make reproductions of rare trim like that. They may also have some OEM original trim, since they weren't that common and didn't need to be replaced as often. Good luck making your '79 look good. Try to post some pictures, if you can. :thumbsup:

As for the bare '79, I think it looks pretty good; it's very smoothed out. I like the big rear window on the bare '79. Not as bad as a bare '80-84, which just begs for vinyl since it's so boxy and has a smaller rear window.

sleutelgek
01-02-08, 09:18 AM
Hello Icant find the moldings!
Who wants to help my whit it i pay you and you can it post to my.
And can i clic the moldings so on the car, or have i need some clips or something?

thanks all for your cooperation.
greetings Sleutelgek the Netherlands

77CDV
01-04-08, 03:13 PM
Danny,

The first place to start looking would be Hemming's Motor News. You'll find many vendors that sell NOS or reproduction trim parts. These parts will be rather difficult to source, as most Cadillacs of this era came with the "optional" cabriolet vinyl top. It's very unusual to see a slicktop. As to the mounting of the rear window trim, it's similar to the trim around the windshield, held on by plastic clips that are riveted into the body. The 77 SDV I once had used a similar moulding, and it was a four-piece arrangement as I remember, beveled, with the lower inner portion being painted to match the top color (the car had a vinyl top) and the outter, higher portion left as bare bright aluminum.

Best of luck finding the parts. It will be a challenge but you'll have a very unique car when you're done. Post some pics of your Caddy so we can all enjoy your good fortune.

Happy motoring!

Craig