: We might be getting out of the SRX

DVC-Don
08-25-07, 07:17 AM
Well, the woes mount with the wifes SRX. We've been dealing with water in the jack compartment recently. The dealer says they found the leak and fixed it (it was in the shop for 10 days) and we were waiting for back ordered carpet to come in to finish the job, BUT it's started to leak again and the odor is coming back.

While waiting for the carpet the rear washer has failed. Then this week the CD player also failed (we had the entire radio replaced last fall).

We've only got less than 4,000 miles left on the warrenty so the wife started making calls and we'll be talking with a couple of dealers today.

louisn
08-25-07, 07:24 AM
The rear hatch leak is a debacle. You would think Caddy would do some type of inspection on all the srx's--since many owners never have an occassion to access the jack area and it seems they all leak when you look. Prove me wrong Caddy, it would only take a tech 2 minutes for the inspection.

syrob@MSN.COM
08-25-07, 12:41 PM
Just imagine its winter or a rainy night and you get a flat tire, try to use the jack to find it is rusted frozen. Way to go GM...

This should be a recall...

SYROB

Smokin' SRX
09-04-07, 12:33 PM
Well, the woes mount with the wifes SRX. We've been dealing with water in the jack compartment recently. The dealer says they found the leak and fixed it (it was in the shop for 10 days) and we were waiting for back ordered carpet to come in to finish the job, BUT it's started to leak again and the odor is coming back.

While waiting for the carpet the rear washer has failed. Then this week the CD player also failed (we had the entire radio replaced last fall).

We've only got less than 4,000 miles left on the warrenty so the wife started making calls and we'll be talking with a couple of dealers today.
We never had the water prob on our '04, but many have. If you do get out of the SRX, may I suggest the new Buick Enclave? we just got one and it's a beauty! Not as fast as the V-8 SRX, but what a dream-ride! Smooth & quiet by 35% above SRX. Takes 8 passenger adults! Handling 95% as good....even if you have Magride! Mirrors power fold,remote start is there, HID available (w/turning headlites!)power tilt/tele steering wheel, 19" chrome wheels available (gorgeous) and my Glove box now even has a lite!! :cloud9:
Paid 43K plus tax. (has everything exc DVD rear movies) GM did a great job!
Best of luck!

DVC-Don
09-04-07, 10:14 PM
The Enclave is on her list.

JPSRX
09-05-07, 10:48 AM
Does the third row seating fold down on the Enclave??

caddycruiser
09-05-07, 06:14 PM
Does the third row seating fold down on the Enclave??

The third row on the Enclave (and Acadia/Outlook) is much larger than on the SRX, with more cargo room behind and space for 3 adults on the seat, and it does fold flat forward into the floor--as does the middle row.

DVC-Don
10-24-07, 05:31 PM
Going to cancel this:o We think the water issue is solved, rear washer is fixed (hose) and got a new radio/cd unit installed and the wife really likes driving the SRX. The warrenty is up in 1500 miles, so we purchased the GM extended Master Guard warrenty for another couple of years.

louisn
10-24-07, 06:10 PM
Going to cancel this:o We think the water issue is solved, rear washer is fixed (hose) and got a new radio/cd unit installed and the wife really likes driving the SRX. The warrenty is up in 1500 miles, so we purchased the GM extended Master Guard warrenty for another couple of years.
What are the details with that warrranty??$$$$$ and duration??:hide:

DVC-Don
10-24-07, 08:59 PM
2 years or 20,000 miles was the one we chose. I shopped around and purchased one online from a Penn. Caddy dealer. Even if our dealer would match the price, there was still sales tax they had to charge. Another dealer in the running was in one of the Carolinas.

louisn
10-25-07, 09:52 AM
2 years or 20,000 miles was the one we chose. I shopped around and purchased one online from a Penn. Caddy dealer. Even if our dealer would match the price, there was still sales tax they had to charge. Another dealer in the running was in one of the Carolinas.
How much did it cost??:confused:

mjk
10-25-07, 11:31 AM
I am in the same boat as you.

Had those water problems, window washer broken and radio replaced. My AC broke twice, and just got the car back after 15 days in the shop. I have entertained the idea of selling it but I really love the car and I don't think I could afford anything comparable (I buy used).

I will probably buy the GMPP within this month. We would appreciate if you posted the price for comparison.

Why only 2yr contract, do you plan on selling within 2yrs?

BTW my last repair would have been $3200+ so I think extended warranty is well worth it in my opinion.

houfek
11-13-08, 03:26 PM
More importantly, how/what was the fix on the leak ??

vixapphire
11-19-08, 03:42 AM
The Enclave is on her list.

Isn't the Enclave built on the same platform, i.e. pretty much the same car? And if so, wouldn't it likely carry the same defective hatch/flooded jack issue?

Northern SRX
11-19-08, 08:10 AM
Isn't the Enclave built on the same platform, i.e. pretty much the same car? And if so, wouldn't it likely carry the same defective hatch/flooded jack issue?

Not even close. The SRX is built off the Sigma platform (CTS, STS) whereas the Enclave is one of the Lambda platform crossovers (along with the Outlook, Traverse, and Acadia). The Lambda was an all-new platform that debuted in 2006 whereas the Sigma has been around since 2002 (in the 2003 CTS).

TSS
11-19-08, 02:27 PM
Isn't the Enclave built on the same platform, i.e. pretty much the same car?

The answer is No. The Enclave is no more related to the SRX than it is to a Malibu. The Enclave and its twins would be the bomb, if they only had a more powerful engine option. That is the only thing which would prevent me from buying one as a replacement for my Lade. Better yet, come up with a Caddy Lamda with a more powerful standard engine, and I swear, I would buy it TODAY. The present engine is just a little (not a lot) too weak for my excitement requirements. Another 40-45 HP, with or without an additional 2 cylinders, would do it IMO.

miked
11-21-08, 11:54 PM
Rumors are that the next Escalade will be on the Lambda platform, especially if GM no longer makes full size trucks.

Northern SRX
11-22-08, 07:00 AM
Rumors are that the next Escalade will be on the Lambda platform, especially if GM no longer makes full size trucks.

That is indeed the rumour and, given that the Escalade is not currently on a unique-to-Cadillac platform, it makes some sense. On the other hand, the Lamda is hardly a platform for a work truck and I know a lot of contractors who drive the current Escalade who wouldn't touch a unibody replacement.

We shall see...

c5 rv
11-22-08, 09:30 AM
GM will continue to make full size trucks for the commercial market, if no other. However, there will continue to be more emphasis on car-based crossovers than truck-based SUVs.

DVC-Don
11-23-08, 05:03 PM
OP here. We still have the 04 but it was in the shop recently 3 times for rear axle seals leaking. Think they got it this last time. Thank goodness we got the GMPP. They did not charge for the deductable the second and third time in.

jsportel
01-13-10, 12:14 PM
About the water problem in the jack compartment I called an outfit called LEAKPRO and the came to my house and fixed it all for me leakpro.com