: Virtual Drag Racing. What do you think?

BeelzeBob
05-08-03, 11:53 AM
So. Has anyone tried that virtual drag racing game? You know - the banner up on top? I tried it last week and kinda like it. It's interesting and gives me something to do when I find that 10 minutes per day at one point or another. I sit down and have a race or two..

So.. Have you tried it? What do you think?

Brett
05-08-03, 12:24 PM
does it install any other software on your computer? i tried that saddam game and it installed a ridiculous amount of other pop-up crap...very irritating, some of it was difficult to remove

BeelzeBob
05-08-03, 01:08 PM
I hated that as well. No, this is entirely different. It appears to be Flash... No software to install on your computer..

Mad'lac
05-08-03, 02:17 PM
I tried it already....kinda hard to find anyone who wants to race a low 9 sec car for wager. Pay attention to those guys with really bad reaction time as its a trap and they are much faster.

BeelzeBob
05-09-03, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I know! Right?! You have to watch because they just do a "run yourself" type of deal and react really slowly...

But, there are going to be a TON TON TON of people signing up for this game. It's becoming VERY popular. So, it wont be so bad soon. Build up your car and play around a little because it's going to get interesting.. I'm building up my main car to compete with and then I'm going to buy another to race newbies with. :)

How's that sound?

BeelzeBob
05-10-03, 10:11 AM
At any cost, if you sign up - sign up through the banner. It'll automatically put you on the CadillacForums.com team...

Psychoholic
05-10-03, 07:09 PM
It's fun, and I was able to get pretty good at it (I love drag racing in general), I think it kinda sucks that you have to buy credits to race after you've raced a bunch.

lux hauler
05-10-03, 07:17 PM
That game's been around for a while. I was playing it a year or so ago. I still have lots of credits to use up :) but I sold all my cars.:( I had 5 or 6. Now I've got a Vega wagon (9 second car) and a Viper that runs 8.30's.

BeelzeBob
05-10-03, 07:51 PM
Damn! I have a camaro that does high 9s...

If you sign up through here, you get added to the CadillacForums.com team. So after you use up your credits somewhere else, resign up with us. We'll build up a team...

lux hauler
05-10-03, 08:47 PM
It's showing me as being part of cadillacforums.com. Maybe because I log on to the game through here......?
My screen name there is "hot72".

lux hauler
05-10-03, 08:57 PM
by the way......watch out for "mdb_racing". they're cheating somehow. they're et was showing 10.5, rt was .750 and they ran a mid 8 second run......lost 500 on that one.
I just built another car too.......a low 9's T/A.

Allante North *
05-10-03, 11:02 PM
I,ve posted a thead in the Kill Stories section about this game. I enjoy it, but haven't committed tp paying up yet. I played twice using my wifes email address to get some more playing time for free. Its fun, but I would like to learn more about how it works before I pay up.

Would some of you veterans like ot coach us newbies on the Cadillac team.

Sal, can you as administrator of our site and team owner cut a deal with the site owner to add a Caddy to the car selection? Would be fun to run a sleeper Caddy with a blown 500CI engine, or an ETC with twin turbo Northstar.

Mad'lac
05-10-03, 11:42 PM
yeah maybe a '59 coupe DeVille :D
Finally figured out how to cheat somewhat and hide your ET. After a race go to Race Shop and just hit save. When you get back in the races you have the 99.999999 as an ET. Suckered some poor fools to race my high 8 second Maverick for 1000 points. Another 1000 and I got enough for the supercharger. Too bad that was my last free race.

Devil_concours
05-11-03, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
yeah maybe a '59 coupe DeVille :D
Finally figured out how to cheat somewhat and hide your ET. After a race go to Race Shop and just hit save. When you get back in the races you have the 99.999999 as an ET. Suckered some poor fools to race my high 8 second Maverick for 1000 points. Another 1000 and I got enough for the supercharger. Too bad that was my last free race.

hey now that was me. Only reason i picked you is because no one would race me. :mad:

Mad'lac
05-11-03, 12:30 AM
lol!!!!
Didn't expect that Maverick to get up and go did ya? :D
Nothing like a 429 punched out to 435 with 14:1 compression with NOS :D

Devil_concours
05-11-03, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
lol!!!!
Didn't expect that Maverick to get up and go did ya? :D
Nothing like a 429 punched out to 435 with 14:1 compression with NOS :D

:) I had a near stock camaro with supercharger. How come i didn't get to choose my car when i joined?

Mad'lac
05-11-03, 03:00 AM
I started with a Crapmaro too. But sold that piece of junk and bought the Mav for a cheap price.
Bought most of the items used.

BeelzeBob
05-11-03, 10:32 AM
I just asked via email - about getting a Caddy in the mix.. Let's see what happens..

Allante North *
05-11-03, 07:03 PM
Thanks Sal!