: No TCC lock-up

IFixAircraft
04-17-04, 04:29 PM
I have a 1998 DeVille with DTC: P0741, TCC stuck off. Is this normally a solinoid problem? If so, is this inside the trans? Remove pan for an easy repair??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

dloch
04-19-04, 10:29 AM
I have a 1998 DeVille with DTC: P0741, TCC stuck off. Is this normally a solinoid problem? If so, is this inside the trans? Remove pan for an easy repair??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
Yes I believe it is the solenoid and unfortunately it's not in the lower pan it's located in the side cover. If it's in the side cover you will have to drop the cradle to get at it.

IFixAircraft
04-21-04, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the advise. I will check it out.

Thanks again
Tom :thumbsup:

dloch
04-21-04, 06:22 PM
Your welcome...

Do you have a service manual yet? If your going to be working on these things they are about a must. I haven't checked my manual to see if there are any other things that can cause a stuck TCC except the valve failing. They use a PWM signal to control the lock-up of the converter.

You can try a fluid change, not flush, to see it is indeed stuck. The fluid change may (if your very lucky that day) loosen a stuck valve. Make sure you drain the side cover when you do the fluid change. The pan doesn't hold squat, it's all in the side cover, where that solenoid is, and the converter. When you drop the pan and remove the screens look for a plug on the side cover side of the trans and remove it and make sure your drain pan is large enough to hold all the fluid or you'll have a major mess to clean up.

Good luck