: e16 and weird electrical anomolies

firezone
08-23-07, 06:41 PM
Hello, my name is Tasha. I am new here and also new to owning a cadillac. I just bought a 1985 Fleetwood and it wasn't holding a charge so I got a new battery and still it won't hold a charge. The new battery was fine for about 2 days and now the second you turn it off it will not start again. I had enough power to run the error codes and all I got was E16. Which is the generator code. When driving weird things will happen like my service now and service electrical lights come on and then my signals wont work, my wipers cease, my spedo goes to 0 even though I'm still driving at the same speed, my car lighter won't work.....things just star going wonky. My next step is going to be to replace the alternator but I don't know if this is what I should be doing for this problem..... any advice?

Thanks a ton
Tasha

firezone
08-23-07, 06:47 PM
Oh....and I checked the serpentine belt and thats good. I am not a mechanic but I did have a very close look at everything under the hood and I couldn't find any wires that seemed corroded or loose in anyway, all the hoses look good, everything seems in place and snug in it's fittings. I just don't know if this seems likes an alternator problem or a computer problem, I pulled all fuses under my dash and checked them all since I couldn't find a fuse diagram and all fuses are good. If you answer with something technical please speak in baby speak to me or I won't have the slightest idea what you are saying lol.

Thanks again in advance
Tasha

urbanski
08-23-07, 06:51 PM
moved here and copied to electrical
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/115516-e16-weird-electrical-anomolies.html