: Hello from the train.

Jesda
08-23-07, 06:05 AM
Yep, I'm on Sprint wireless posting from the Empire Builder #8 in the observation lounge heading from Spokane WA to Chicago IL, then Chicago to St Louis with business class accomodations. I'll share pics later when I have some decent bandwidth. I decided to stay up all night and wait for the sun to rise so I can catch some beautiful Montana scenery.

Its nice being able to travel without standing in a security line for two hours, getting "special" searched by some homo, and crowding into a flying aluminum tube with a bunch of screaming infants. My baggage? I brought it all on with me so there's no worrying about a sloppy unionized bag handler sending my stuff to Alaska.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-07, 08:37 AM
Awesome! It's like 1929 all over again! :D

Just kidding, but yeah, train travel must be so nice.

Playdrv4me
08-23-07, 10:37 AM
If i could go everywhere on the train I would absolutely do it. Problem is once you start planning really long trips the price starts to go up unless its a discounted route. I think when I checked on Tampa to Wichita it was something like 400.00 withOUT the sleeping car. You can fly there for 100 bucks, or even take the bus for a little more than that.

Silver Dollar
08-23-07, 05:11 PM
....Its nice being able to travel without standing in a security line for two hours, getting "special" searched by some homo.....

TSA Homo: "Excuse me sir, what you you have under your shirt"

Jesda: "It's all me"

TSA Homo: "Do you mind if I feel them?"

Playdrv4me
08-23-07, 05:13 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Jesda
08-23-07, 09:42 PM
Ahhahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!1

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-07, 09:47 PM
So in one quick move, Jesda gets a gets a free physical and a mammogram!

DILLIGAF
08-23-07, 09:48 PM
Pretty easy to drop 50 bucks on beer on the train.I have taken the train from here to Albuquerque several times.Trains are nice,but I hate stopping to pick up 1 person in every little shit hole on the way.They should put them in a bag,and use some kind of hook to pick em up on the fly.That'll teach em

Playdrv4me
08-23-07, 09:56 PM
Amen brother.

Jonas McFeely
08-24-07, 12:11 AM
Each time i see this thread i think of running a train on some skank.

Lady Danielle
08-24-07, 10:40 AM
I wanna take a train trip, never took one!

RunningOnEMT
08-24-07, 10:49 AM
Danielle... if you want to take a really nice train trip... go east/west

the north south routes are nice and all but they are more for moving people as efficiently as possible... my favorite train ride ever was a vacation in and of itself... took the train from chicago to LA... it was ****ing amazing!!!!!!

Jesda
08-24-07, 08:33 PM
I HATE MOTHER NATURE! My train had to deboard in Minneapolis because of upper midwest flooding. As a result, a bunch of us were crammed into a crappy charter bus for seven hours that smelled like feces.

Thankfully, I finally made it to Chicago and boarded the Lincoln 307 to St Louis. I'm in business class and the comfort and convenience cannot be matched by anything short of having a Bentley and a chauffeur. And of course, I'm on a high speed connection with Sprint wireless, so I can stream internet radio and goof around on Youtube at my leisure.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-26-07, 03:05 AM
Thankfully, I finally made it to Chicago and boarded the Lincoln 307 to St Louis.

Oh that sounds like a bad idea. Now you get leaky air springs on all four wheels and a gutless, oil leaking engine.

derrty_deville
08-26-07, 03:19 AM
What the hell Jes? In Mpls and not even a stop and chat.

z06bigbird
08-26-07, 11:44 PM
Try a private airplane. Now that is fun.

Jesda
08-27-07, 06:28 AM
What the hell Jes? In Mpls and not even a stop and chat.

http://worstweatherever.com/media/1/20061020-larry_david.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-27-07, 10:38 AM
http://worstweatherever.com/media/1/20061020-larry_david.jpg

LOL! When Tanner mentioned "stop and chat", I immediatly went onto youtube and tried to find a clip from that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Couldn't find anything though.