: Finally bought a new daily driver.

eldorado99
08-22-07, 09:18 PM
I have been hemorrhaging money paying for the fuel for my Cadillac as a daily driver since my old Ford crapped out on me 6 months ago. I finally went out and bought another commuter vehicle (Just got off the phone with the guy 5 minutes ago actually). I wanted something that got somewhat decent mileage but wasn't a boring econo-box either. I settled on a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP :D.

I'm going to go pick it up probably tomorrow night. It is metallic forest green (not the best colour, but it could be worse), and a 4 dr with 100K miles. I really did fall in love with the supercharged L67 when I test drove it.

I was originally thinking an 80's Brougham but every one I looked at wasn't in good enough condition for me to be happy with it, and one of those probably wouldn't fair to well in the winter snow.

Looks like this but greener: http://www.pritchardweb.com/images/gtp_side_tint.jpg

96Fleetwood
08-22-07, 09:29 PM
Congrats!

Keep your foot out of it.. because once you start boosting it will eat up the gas :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-22-07, 09:32 PM
Cool, now you've got a daily driver/winter car that'll hand some sports cars their asses!

Playdrv4me
08-22-07, 09:44 PM
I really like those alot. For the longest time I was looking for one a while back.

There is supposed to be a recall on the L67's for engine fires, so make sure you take it in to verify whether its part of the recall.

eldorado99
08-22-07, 11:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! Yes I'll be glad to retire the Caddy back to weekend only duty, especially now that Fall isn't far away, along with its copious amounts of rain it seems to deliver here.

I really like how these GTPs seem to come loaded just about every time, and that HUD is just damned cool. Pics to follow soon, hopefully I'll have enough time in the next few days to polish up the GTP and clean up the Caddy then do a dual photo-shoot, as I still don't have any decent pics of the Caddy with the new paint job.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-22-07, 11:59 PM
I really like that dark green color on those cars, does it have the tan leather too?

eldorado99
08-23-07, 12:03 AM
I really like that dark green color on those cars, does it have the tan leather too?

No, that would have been a better choice though, it just has the black leather.

TomDeville
08-23-07, 12:45 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! ... I still don't have any decent pics of the Caddy with the new paint job.

Kindly advise in connection with the
above referenced paint job.

Did you change colour altogether? or,
replace the original.
How much?$? BTW

I ask; since, I am looking to acquire a new
winter car, and I am considering getting the
one in mind a silver paint job (to hide the salt).

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2::cool2:

Cadillacboy
08-23-07, 05:02 AM
Cool looking car , enjoy it !

Brizzal
08-23-07, 11:22 PM
going to the l67 nice choice, there are sooo many mods out of that car and a very active forum www.clubgp.com
I came from the l36 (the N/A version of the L67)

TomDeville
08-24-07, 01:01 AM
Wet Eldo Left Coast Guy,
ain't too ajar;
When his beater is such,
a sweet f'n car.

Kindest Regards,

TomDeville

eldorado99
08-24-07, 01:25 AM
Wet Eldo Left Coast Guy,
ain't too ajar;
When his beater is such,
a sweet f'n car.

Kindest Regards,

TomDeville

Thanks Tom! :)

By the way as for your earlier request. I changed the colour from purple to black, and it cost $1800 for the paint (base/clear), and it was $1400 for the bodywork.

AMGoff
08-24-07, 01:31 AM
Lucky bastard... you just got my car (well almost, it was a Regal GS, see the saga in my other post).

You're gonna love that supercharged six especially with the 280lbs of torque, plus those 3.8L's last forever, with a few mods you can get her quarter time down into the low 13s.

My only word of advice is to change the supercharger oil right away and check it every time you change you engine oil then top of accordingly. Good rule of thumb is to change that oil every 50,000 miles. Speaking of the supercharger, changing the stock 3.8" pulley to a smaller one is a cheap and easy way to add up to 10lbs of boost to the supercharger.

While I'm really enjoying the northstar it sucks not having as many performance mods as those w-body with the 3.8's have.

Congrats and Enjoy!

BTW - don't worry about flooring it, you'll still get stellar gas mileage compared to your Caddy!

Brizzal
08-24-07, 02:27 AM
Lucky bastard... you just got my car (well almost, it was a Regal GS, see the saga in my other post).

You're gonna love that supercharged six especially with the 280lbs of torque, plus those 3.8L's last forever, with a few mods you can get her quarter time down into the low 13s.

My only word of advice is to change the supercharger oil right away and check it every time you change you engine oil then top of accordingly. Good rule of thumb is to change that oil every 50,000 miles. Speaking of the supercharger, changing the stock 3.8" pulley to a smaller one is a cheap and easy way to add up to 10lbs of boost to the supercharger.

While I'm really enjoying the northstar it sucks not having as many performance mods as those w-body with the 3.8's have.

Congrats and Enjoy!

BTW - don't worry about flooring it, you'll still get stellar gas mileage compared to your Caddy!

Alot of the guys that change to the 3.4" pulley have exhaust and intake mods , if not it starts killing your engine. Id do some homework over on clubgp many of them have turbos and L67s

AMGoff
08-24-07, 01:16 PM
Alot of the guys that change to the 3.4" pulley have exhaust and intake mods , if not it starts killing your engine. Id do some homework over on clubgp many of them have turbos and L67s

phfff.... only if he rides it like that for like 60,000 miles and never changes anything else. He can start there and then slowly add more things thereafter, but he shouldn't worry about starting there especially if plans on adding more later.

I did the pulley first because it was the cheapest and rode like that for almost 10,000 miles before installing the new exhaust.

I don't know about you but there are two engines I've never, ever been able to kill no matter what I've done to them. One is the AMC/Jeep 4.0L and the other is the General's 3.8, the most bulletproof six cylinder engines ever created.

Even if he does nothing to it he's still gonna have a whole lot of fun with that engine. Just keep up on the supercharger maintenance, a lot of people don't and then wonder why it crapped out.