: Would you buy?

Da Dark Jedi
08-22-07, 05:33 PM
Like the title says, Would you buy a certified used Cadillac? Would you buy a off lease Cadillac?

Whats the differance between the two?

Which would you spend your HARD earned dollars on, for peace of mind?

robs42
08-22-07, 06:21 PM
i would @ least check out the cert. vehicles first. if u had the lease and took great care of it u SHOULD be good. the last vehicle my wife had was a lease. she wanted to buy it out and pay off the residule. i didnt want to, but i gave in. i tokk very good car of our lease so i figured what the hell. about 3 months after we bought the lease everything went on the car. i ended up trading it in. my newest car was a certified 04 lease turn in. it cant hurt to take 1 day to look at some cert. cars. hope this helps.
out,
tucci

TSS
08-22-07, 06:34 PM
Like the title says, Would you buy a certified used Cadillac? Would you buy a off lease Cadillac?

1. yes.

2 yes.

CPO can be either a lease or non-lease car. I would demand CPO and don't really care if it is an off lease or not. Guarantee my lease turn ins are MUCH nicer than the average buyers trade in. All that matters is if the prior owner cared about the car. That will be usually be evident by the condition. If not cared for on the outside, likely not cared for on the inside.

c5 rv
08-22-07, 08:56 PM
I think CPO is a great option if you want to purchase v. lease. TSS will tell you stories about getting his wife's CPO car serviced with no issues. Plus, the CPO warranty is transferable if you decide to sell the car at 70K miles and only 4-5 years old. When I'm no longer eligible for GMS, I'll consider CPO.

TSS
08-22-07, 09:54 PM
I think CPO is a great option if you want to purchase v. lease. TSS will tell you stories about getting his wife's CPO car serviced with no issues. .

CPO rocks. Always treated like I had bought it new. 2001 SLS. This summer (2007) car was almost six years old and they replaced my radio because one of the buttons was a little faded. Replaced burnt out signal light bulb too and gave me an 07 Caddy as a loaner. If I could not write off a lease, all my cars would be Cadillac CPOs.

Jmale
08-22-07, 10:23 PM
I bought a 04' SRX V8 with 6k miles, CPO. Program car owned and driven by one person...GM EXEC.
Searched the internet, contacted every Cadi dealer in the chicagoland area.Did everything by email and phone. Had the price negociated and paperwork started before going to the dealer. Took a quick test drive, signed some papers...done. Family (of 6) waited in the mini while I finished up. Sticker was 55k, paid 36k with extended waranty and GM financing (3 percent I think..low esp. for used).

Personally wouldn't do it any other way...for me that is :)

Less than 1 year old,Used, low miles, smells/looks brand new..big discount. Go for it!!!!!

Smokin' SRX
08-23-07, 01:02 AM

CPO or new!! Period. This truck has more relays and valves than the Space shuttle!!! especially a V-8, with Mag ride and AWD!!! AND it COSTS to repair a CADDY!! Clear enough? :thumbsup:

Good hunting and enjoy!

b4z
08-23-07, 11:00 AM
Don't buy a new Caddy. The depeciation will floor you.
Go Certified or lease.

05awdupstater
08-23-07, 08:27 PM
Someone please buy them new, otherwise I'll have no CPO to snap up again.

Thanks for buying new.

TSS
08-23-07, 08:48 PM
Someone please buy them new, otherwise I'll have no CPO to snap up again.

Thanks for buying new.

LOL. Don't worry . You have your pick of all the off-leases as CPOs!

smokiejoe
09-12-07, 12:11 AM
CPO is the way to go, but check for dampness in the rear jack area.

Fyreman235
09-14-07, 06:53 PM
Mine was an exec driven certified used 05. Had about 2K miles. List was 61K and I paid around 45K. Got 100K warranty and 3.9 interest. A lot of money still, but better than new!