: help with lights

natrotciv
08-22-07, 10:09 AM
does anyone know if there is any easier way to change the low beams and the city lights besides taking off the bumber? thanks

Smokin' SRX
08-22-07, 12:12 PM
Someone on this site said inner plastic wheel well came off easy and gave fast access! Do a search on this site! Under warranty? let dealer do it!!

natrotciv
08-22-07, 05:12 PM
ok thanks

GMJim
08-23-07, 11:04 AM
remove tire. remove push pins from wheel house extension panel (red). I'm not sure if you need to remove the entire panel or just remove a few push pins, and peel the panel back. ewill3rd would know. to replace fog/turn signal,
remove six screws from the lamp housing. the back will then come off so you can access the bulbs. I would prefer this method than removing the fascia anyday. Headlamp bulb replacement should be obvious once your in there.
Good luck!

natrotciv
08-23-07, 11:21 AM
thanks man that was alot of help. can you access the headlamps from the wheel well?

GMJim
08-23-07, 12:09 PM
can you access the headlamps from the wheel well?
I really don't know about that. But once you get to it, remove the three screws that holds the blue piece on, remove blue piece, and replace the bulbs

natrotciv
08-23-07, 01:25 PM
thanks where do you get all this information? i just changed my license plate lights and it looks super nice. but im still working on fog lights. ill get to head lights later. but really, where do you guys get the pictures and stuff like that?

TSS
08-24-07, 11:31 AM
thanks where do you get all this information? i just changed my license plate lights and it looks super nice. but im still working on fog lights. ill get to head lights later. but really, where do you guys get the pictures and stuff like that?

Only Jim can get them. He could tell you where they come from, but then he would need to :gun: you......

Fortunately, he is always willing to share his info!

GMJim
08-24-07, 11:42 AM
Only Jim can get them. He could tell you where they come from, but then he would need to :gun: you......

Fortunately, he is always willing to share his info!

Thanks Todd, I didn't want to do away with him

natrotciv
08-24-07, 11:47 AM
haha ok thanks

natrotciv
08-25-07, 10:01 PM
ok so today i switched out my fog lights to super white beams. they look pretty nice compared to the stock factory bulbs. GMJim makes it really easy with his diagrams. i did the switch without taking off the wheels. when you get all the push pins out, actually take off that panel, it makes the job easier cause theres more room to move around in. when you finally switch the lights,i would recommend putting back only 3 of the 6 torx screws that holds the back of the box to the front so that later on when you want to switch stuff out again its much easier. i really wish i took pictures but GMJim provides it all. thanks

GarryW
10-29-07, 10:40 AM
This is not a difficult job. If you can change a tire (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#), then you can do it. It would be a good thing to familiarize yourself with the jack and tire jack anyway in the comfort of your nice clean garage versus some dark rainy road if you get a flat tire (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#).http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Here are some estimated times that it took me:
1: Setup sissors jack and remove tire - 10 minutes
2: Remove interior liner - 15 minutes
3: Changeout bulb and inspect socket - 5 minutes
4: Replace liner - 20 minutes
5: Reinstall wheel and jack - 10 minutes

I use to work on cars back in late 60's and early 70's but those days are long gone. The only advice I can give is that when you reinstall the plastic push pins, insert the part with the female hole in it first, then install the push pin.

My lease is up next May on my 2005 STS and so far all I've done is replace the tires with Versado LX, which are very nice. I will be looking at a 2008 STS , but I will be checking out the Lexus models too.

Piece of cake!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif