Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help!!! Desperate 2004 Srx Owner

800 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Yaemish 
#1 ·
I Own A 2004 Srx V8 Awd With A Rear Seat Entertainment System(rse/dvd). The Dvd Player Can Play It's Audio Signal Through The Car's Speakers', But In My Vehicle When You Do This, The Volume Is Considerably Lower Than The Radio \ Cd Functions. The Dvd Player Has The Only Aux Audio Input, And I Want To Hard Wire Sirius / Ipod With An Rca To 3.5 Mm Hook Up. However This Is Not Worth It If The Volume From This Aux Input Is Very Low (i Tried It, It Is The Same As Audio From Playing A Dvd). The Car Has Bee To 3 Dealers, And Although They Each Acknowledge The Problem, They Cannot Come Up With A Diagnosis To Warranty A New Head Unit Or New Rse. I Finaly Got Somehere Today When A Tech Ii From Conte Cadillac Advised Me That In The 2004 Cadillac Srx Some Of The First Vehicles Had Rse's That Were Unfortunately Installed And Designed To Function This Way. I Was Asked To Try And Find A Vin# For Another 2004 Srx With A Dvd Player That Does Not Function This Way. They Are Seeking To Compare Codes In The Vin To See If They Can Tell If My Vehicle Is One Of These That Can't Be Fixed.if Not They Are Tellinmg Me That They Want To Cange The Head Unit, And Only Cover It Under Warranty If The Volume Then Goes Up While Playing The Dvd Audio Through The Cars Speakers. It Sounds Like A Load Of Shit To Me, But I Would Like To See If I Can Keep Them Working On It. I Have Posted This Problem Several Times In Both Audio / Video Forum And Srx Forum, With No Responses Or Leads. If You Have A 2004 Srx With Rse / Dvd Please Respond To Let Me Know If Audio Plays Normally Through Car Speakers, And If So Please List Your Vin.

My Vin #: 1gyde63a840116072

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.